This site is hands down the best source of information for DIY car audio enthusiasts.
Each time I visit this forum, I click the "New Posts" link to view all of the new posts since my last visit. Unfortunately, it has become increasingly difficult to keep up due to high amount of posts in the Off Topic forum. It's frustrating to have to sift through all those threads every time I visit just to stay on top of relevant discussion about mobile audio.
No disrespect intended to those of you who post in OT. I know that a lot of members enjoy that forum. However, I'm here solely for car audio information and don't have time to read about your sex lives or bowel movements. In fact, I recently had to take a "break" from this forum because it was becoming too time-consuming to stay on top of things.
Anyhow, I did some research and found that specific forums can be excluded from the New Posts search by manipulating the URL. The following link will search for new posts since your last visit except for those in OT. Simply bookmark this link and use it instead of clicking on "New Posts".
I hope that this helps others to continue visiting and contributing to this site while still keeping their sanity like it has done for me
Resurrecting an old thread, but as a new member I read as much as I could about forum rules, tut's and FAQ's. This is a sticky in the New Member Introduction section and you'll notice one of the recommendations is to frequent the Off Topic section in order to get to know the members here.
Two days left !!! How to register to the “CONCEPTION OF DIY SPEAKERS (DO IT YOURSELF
REGULATIONS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Solen Électronique Contest has began December 1st, 2016 and ends on February 14th, 2017 at midnight;
2. To be eligible, the winner must be over 18 years of age and be located in Québec Canada;
3. Make a pair of two-way speakers using a 15W / 4524T02 woofer and a D2604 / 8320-02 tweeter. These will be offered at 35% off the retail price and you can shop online at Solen Électronique Inc.
4. There is no restriction on the type of speakers: bass reflex, sealed, open baffle, horn, etc.
5. The only restriction is the separator filter. It must be the passive type.
6. you have provided the speaker pair a name.
7. The deadline for submitting your design is February 1, 2017.
8. The prize is based on the number of participants, the competition requiring a minimum of 10 participants in order to take place:
To enter the contest, you must complete the registration form available at quebecaudio.
If this still works, 2007 me owes someone a beer!!!
Philosophically I have come to the following conclusion: If I can hear a difference in quality between one setup and another, then that difference is real. If I can't hear a difference, but you can, then you are imagining it!