NO Reply Notifications... - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2019   #1

Rep Power: 17 Steve Sr will become famous soon enoughSteve Sr will become famous soon enoughSteve Sr will become famous soon enoughSteve Sr will become famous soon enoughSteve Sr will become famous soon enoughSteve Sr will become famous soon enough

Default NO Reply Notifications...

Hello,

I think I have got everything setup to receive email notifications of new replies to subscribed threads. However, I am not receiving them.

Email provider is Gmail. They may be ending up in some other category. Can you send me a "From" text to search for or something common in the "Subject" line?

Thanks,
Steve
Steve Sr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2019   #2

Administrator

Rep Power: 5000 New Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: NO Reply Notifications...

Please try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your emails' contact/safe sender list.

Let me know if that worked.

Ed

New Super Admin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2019   #3

Rep Power: 17 Steve Sr will become famous soon enoughSteve Sr will become famous soon enoughSteve Sr will become famous soon enoughSteve Sr will become famous soon enoughSteve Sr will become famous soon enoughSteve Sr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Super Admin View Post
Please try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your emails' contact/safe sender list.

Let me know if that worked.

Ed
Ed,

For some unknown reason I got a notification for your reply. Obviously this was before changing any SPAM filter settings. Go figure!...

Therefore, I don't think this is a SPAM issue as the missing notifications were/are NOT landing in the SPAM folder.

Do notifications ever expire?

Here is the problematic thread:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ml#post5690195

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

Old 04-22-2019   #4

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 59 Grinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sr View Post
Ed,

For some unknown reason I got a notification for your reply. Obviously this was before changing any SPAM filter settings. Go figure!...

Therefore, I don't think this is a SPAM issue as the missing notifications were/are NOT landing in the SPAM folder.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Steve
It is a result of the thread title having been removed (for whatever reason) from the post(s) in question. It happens quite frequently, and can be rather annoying. I don't know why it is happening.
Grinder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2019   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
It is a result of the thread title having been removed (for whatever reason) from the post(s) in question. It happens quite frequently, and can be rather annoying. I don't know why it is happening.
What???! What programmer / non-GENIUS would do something like that? Sounds like a MAJOR vBulletin BUG if this is true. Each thread/post has its own reference number and shouldn't need a title to be tracked.
Old 04-22-2019   #6

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 59 Grinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enough

Quote:
What???! What programmer / non-GENIUS would do something like that? Sounds like a MAJOR vBulletin BUG if this is true. Each thread/post has its own reference number and shouldn't need a title to be tracked.
It's true. It has happened over and over again - not getting notifications for posts with missing thread titles.

For giggles, I'll remove the title from my next post in this thread.
Old 04-22-2019   #7

Enthusiast

Default Re:

^Title^ removed.
Old 04-22-2019   #8

Enthusiast

Quote:
Ed,

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Steve
Title removed. (removed "Re:" as well)
Old 04-22-2019   #9

Default Re:

Quote:
^Title^ removed.
Sorry to bust your theory... Notification received...

===============================================
Dear Steve Sr,

Grinder has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - NO Reply Notifications... - in the DIYMA Site Issues and Support forum of Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum.

This thread is located at:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:
^Title^ removed.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum
Old 04-22-2019   #10

Enthusiast

Default Re:

Quote:
Sorry to bust your theory... Notification received...

===============================================
Dear Steve Sr,

Grinder has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - NO Reply Notifications... - in the DIYMA Site Issues and Support forum of Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum.

This thread is located at:
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:
^Title^ removed.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum
In the following post I removed "Re:" as well. Did you get a notification for that post too?
Old 04-22-2019   #11

Enthusiast

Quote:
In the following post I removed "Re:" as well. Did you get a notification for that post too?
Hello?
Old 04-22-2019   #12

Quote:
Hello?
No notification for this one...
Old 04-22-2019   #13

Also got notifications for:

1 of 3
2 of 3

but not 3 of 3

That you posted and then apparently removed from the "Deadening Tire Noise..." thread.
Old 04-22-2019   #14

Enthusiast

Quote:
No notification for this one...
Thank you. Note that I had removed the thread title (along with the "Re:").

I don't know if this happens every time there's no thread title, but there seems to be a pattern in which I will have missed a post (having not received a notification for that post), and then find that the post in question has no title.
Old 04-22-2019   #15

Enthusiast

Quote:
Also got notifications for:

1 of 3
2 of 3

but not 3 of 3

That you posted and then apparently removed from the "Deadening Tire Noise..." thread.
IRRC, 1 of 3 had title, 2 of 3 had no title (nor "Re:"), 3 of 3 had title.

Are you certain it was 3 of 3 and not 2 of 3 for which you received no notification?

I deleted those posts on the assumption that you were not interested in pursuing the test (and to de-clutter the thread).
Old 04-22-2019   #16

Enthusiast

I decided to start a thread to pursue this question of thread titles and notifications:

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ead-title.html

Apparently no interest thus far.
Old 04-22-2019   #17

Enthusiast

Test (no title).
Old 04-22-2019   #18

Quote:
Test (no title).
No notification...
Old 04-22-2019   #19

Quote:
I decided to start a thread to pursue this question of thread titles and notifications:

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ead-title.html

Apparently no interest thus far.
Where is the board owner? This is something that THEY (not the poor users) should be pursuing with JelSoft / vBuletin.
Old 04-22-2019   #20

Enthusiast

Quote:
Where is the board owner? This is something that THEY (not the poor users) should be pursuing with JelSoft / vBuletin.
Agreed.
Old 04-22-2019   #21

Enthusiast

Quote:
In all fairness, they can't fix it if they don't know it's broken. While it's hard for me to believe that I might actually be the first member to identify this issue, I've seen no other mention of it.
Old 04-23-2019   #22

Administrator

Rep Power: 5000 New Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura about

Hmm interesting,

So if there isn't a title, the email notification doesn't come through?

(Testing with no title)

Ed

Old 04-23-2019   #23

Administrator

(Testing with title)

Let me know if you received emails for both replies

Ed

Old 04-23-2019   #24

Enthusiast

I got the one without a title ...and not the one with a title.

Maybe it's due to their having been posted in quick succession?
Old 04-23-2019   #25

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Super Admin View Post
Hmm interesting,

So if there isn't a title, the email notification doesn't come through?

(Testing with no title)

Ed
That has been my experience. Can't say whether or not I've ever received notification for posts without a title. What I can say is that when I haven't received notification, it turns out to have been for a post without a title. IIRC, I first discovered the correlation between no notification and no title about two months ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement