Why can’t I use the classfields section? I’ve been a member for years? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2019   #1

Rep Power: 43 Lyons238 will become famous soon enoughLyons238 will become famous soon enoughLyons238 will become famous soon enoughLyons238 will become famous soon enoughLyons238 will become famous soon enoughLyons238 will become famous soon enough

Default Why can’t I use the classfields section? I’ve been a member for years?

Please help. Thank you!
Lyons238 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2019   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 96 Lou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enoughLou Frasier2 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Why canít I use the classfields section? Iíve been a member for years?

have you tried to message a mod or admin?
Lou Frasier2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2019   #3

Rep Power: 33 SlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Why canít I use the classfields section? Iíve been a member for years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons238 View Post
Please help. Thank you!
250 post count minimum
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SlvrDragon50 For This Useful Post:
New Super Admin (05-21-2019)

Old 05-21-2019   #4

Administrator

Rep Power: 5000 New Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Why can’t I use the classfields section? I’ve been a member for years?

As already started, users need a min of 250 posts in order to be able to post in the classifieds section. This was brought in to help combat scammers.

Niall

New Super Admin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019   #5

Rep Power: 57 jdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Super Admin View Post
As already started, users need a min of 250 posts in order to be able to post in the classifieds section. This was brought in to help combat scammers.

Niall
I have the same question....

If it is 250 minimum...then why are the first few classified ads that I clicked on are users under 250 posts?

52 posts
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...-pros-amp.html

126 posts
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ps-4160-a.html

52 posts
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...-dm-608-a.html

16 posts
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...nspeak-jl.html

2014 F150 Limited -> Factory HU programmed for 4v outputs -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, SI TM65 mk3, & JL TW3. Rears: SB17's. Resonix 35% CLD and 100% CCF, 100% MLV, Soon: PDX-F6 and SI M3 in Valicar Stuttgart pods
jdunk54nl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 123 06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunk54nl View Post
I have the same question....

If it is 250 minimum...then why are the first few classified ads that I clicked on are users under 250 posts?

52 posts
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...-pros-amp.html

126 posts
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ps-4160-a.html

52 posts
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...-dm-608-a.html

16 posts
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...nspeak-jl.html
You can pay to upgrade your account for classifieds access

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum.../contributors/
06gtmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019   #7

Rep Power: 57 jdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gtmike View Post
You can pay to upgrade your account for classifieds access

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum.../contributors/
But if the reason for 250 minimum is to eliminate scammers, a $10-$30 buy in to scam people is very small.

I am guessing the 250 was because that means you need to be around the forum quite some time for people to "know you" and to build trust.

If I were to pay $10-$30 and have 1 post, how is that accomplishing that reasoning?

2014 F150 Limited -> Factory HU programmed for 4v outputs -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, SI TM65 mk3, & JL TW3. Rears: SB17's. Resonix 35% CLD and 100% CCF, 100% MLV, Soon: PDX-F6 and SI M3 in Valicar Stuttgart pods
Old 05-21-2019   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 123 06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough06gtmike will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunk54nl View Post
But if the reason for 250 minimum is to eliminate scammers, a $10-$30 buy in to scam people is very small.

I am guessing the 250 was because that means you need to be around the forum quite some time for people to "know you" and to build trust.

If I were to pay $10-$30 and have 1 post, how is that accomplishing that reasoning?
It wouldnít stop anyone but Iíd say they would probably have a really tough time ďsellingĒ anything without having someone vouch for them or taking drastic measures like shipping first. I know I wouldnít buy anything from someone with 1 post. Like you said, you do have to build some sort of trust and most of the active members have been here a good while. I personally hate the 250 post rule because I may never get to 250 posts and have to pay to list in the classifieds even though Iíve been a member for almost ten years and have a good amount of feedback. Wish there was some other type of qualifier.
06gtmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gtmike View Post
It wouldnít stop anyone but Iíd say they would probably have a really tough time ďsellingĒ anything without having someone vouch for them or taking drastic measures like shipping first. I know I wouldnít buy anything from someone with 1 post. Like you said, you do have to build some sort of trust and most of the active members have been here a good while. I personally hate the 250 post rule because I may never get to 250 posts and have to pay to list in the classifieds even though Iíve been a member for almost ten years and have a good amount of feedback. Wish there was some other type of qualifier.
Ya, 250 posts or x number of years would be nice......I'm just responding to get to 250 posts ....only 27 more to go!

Old 05-21-2019   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 179 TomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Why can’t I use the classfields section? I’ve been a member for years?

Iíve been here since 2005 and have just under 350 posts. People who donít post much are forced to post crap just to get to the minimum. Iíd think 50-100 would be a better minimum.

"Buy Once, Cry Once. Then enjoy it for a long time!!!"
TomT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019   #11

Rep Power: 6 St7_77 will become famous soon enoughSt7_77 will become famous soon enoughSt7_77 will become famous soon enoughSt7_77 will become famous soon enoughSt7_77 will become famous soon enoughSt7_77 will become famous soon enough

Did I read somewhere that posting in certain (sub)forums counts and other ones don't? Or is it strictly "250" as the number under our names shows?
St7_77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019   #12

Rep Power: 32 disconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enough

212 posts and counting for me

Corvette: Alpine ILX-207, Helix DSP.2, Mosconi AS 100.4, Audiofrog GB10, Stereo Integrity TM65mkii, SDS CLD Tiles, CCF, MLV, no subs.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019   #13

Administrator

Rep Power: 5000 New Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura aboutNew Super Admin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by St7_77 View Post
Did I read somewhere that posting in certain (sub)forums counts and other ones don't? Or is it strictly "250" as the number under our names shows?
Here the settings are that posting anywhere in the main content forums will count towards your post count. Most people are not going to be silly and post randomly to boost, but if someone is posting in a way that negatively impacts the community, they might get a message about that. But you can certainly chit chat with others! That's certainly alright.

LeeAnn

Old 05-22-2019   #14

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 59 Grinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Here the settings are that posting anywhere will count towards your post count. Most people are not going to be silly and post randomly to boost, but if someone is posting in a way that negatively impacts the community, they might get a message about that. But you can certainly chit chat with others! That's certainly alright.

LeeAnn
Posts in Off Topic forum do not add to post count.
Grinder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 99 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

I think the post count is a good thing but a little high. 100-150 would be fine. If you work that hard to scam someone your going find a way min post count or not. The skip the post count buy-in is stupid.

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019   #16

Rep Power: 6 St7_77 will become famous soon enoughSt7_77 will become famous soon enoughSt7_77 will become famous soon enoughSt7_77 will become famous soon enoughSt7_77 will become famous soon enoughSt7_77 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Here the settings are that posting anywhere will count towards your post count. Most people are not going to be silly and post randomly to boost, but if someone is posting in a way that negatively impacts the community, they might get a message about that. But you can certainly chit chat with others! That's certainly alright.

LeeAnn
Got ya. Will keep in mind... a zillion to go.
Old 05-22-2019   #17

Rep Power: 79 JCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enough

You just gotta write +1 as a reply to every post to get your count up.

Sienna SB29 Focal PS165V Alpine SWS10 Mazda CX5 AF GB15 AF GB60 AF GB12 Ford F150 AF GB10 JLC5 Sundown SD310.
JCsAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019   #18

+1 😉

Old 05-22-2019   #19

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 59 Grinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
You just gotta write +1 as a reply to every post to get your count up.
+1.11
Old 05-23-2019   #20

Aaaaaaaaalrightty then
Old 05-23-2019   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Rep Power: 61 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
I think the post count is a good thing but a little high. 100-150 would be fine. If you work that hard to scam someone your going find a way min post count or not. The skip the post count buy-in is stupid.
Yep. Since management here has declared that they will not get involved in disputes, how exactly does paying a little money insure that transactions will go smoothly?
rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2019   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
Yep. Since management here has declared that they will not get involved in disputes, how exactly does paying a little money insure that transactions will go smoothly?
The only thing that insures that the transaction will go smoothly or the dispute will go smoothly is using paypal to pay for an item and not using family/friend.

Post count/buy in or not, that is the only way.

Old 05-23-2019   #23

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Posts in Off Topic forum do not add to post count.
Hello there,

Double checked and you are correct, sorry that I totally missed that one.
But at the moment, it is set to 250 post count.
If there's a demand to have this changed, we can look into it and maybe set up a poll?

Ed

Old 05-23-2019   #24

Enthusiast

Quote:
Hello there,

Double checked and you are correct, sorry that I totally missed that one.
But at the moment, it is set to 250 post count.
If there's a demand to have this changed, we can look into it and maybe set up a poll?

Ed
I have no issue with the Classifieds post count requirement (nor with OT posts not adding to post count, of course), though 250 might be a bit high.

Paid Classifieds access has never made much sense to me. Perhaps paid Classifieds access should be limited to purchases and WTB only (i.e. no FS posts), until post count requirement has been met?
Old 05-23-2019   #25

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 89 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

I might be in the minority, but I appreciate restrictions to classifieds... After all, this is a car audio forum/community to discuss car audio first and foremost. Classifieds is (or should be) just a little perk on the side for contributing members. IMHO

I'm not trying to be a dick - I don't care for it when guys sign up for this site just to use it like Craigslist, with no intention of being involved in anything else.

2018 Jeep GC - AF GB10s, GB25s, GS690s, Zapco & Mosconi amps, (2) AF GB12s, Helix Pro MK2 & Director, Fiio X5
"Just slap some drywall screws in it, and you'll be fine"
DavidRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavidRam For This Useful Post:
Grinder (05-23-2019), Hillbilly SQ (05-23-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement