Pillar Pods - Page 11 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2016   #251
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 117 ugnlol will become famous soon enoughugnlol will become famous soon enoughugnlol will become famous soon enoughugnlol will become famous soon enoughugnlol will become famous soon enoughugnlol will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Pillar Pods

You could also ask him to give you credits for the photos at least.

Car: Pioneer P99rs - Mosconi 300.2 - Mcintosh MC431 - Sinfoni 150.2x - DD 3518
Home: Yamaha RXA3010 | Emotiva XPA-5 x 2 | Emotiva ERT-8.3 | Emotiva ERM-6.3 | Emotiva ERD-1 x 4
ugnlol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2016   #252
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 154 quickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the rough

These pods looks awesome! way much less work than trying to custom build them in to a pillar if you don't know how too.
Also you could take out the attachment hardware and see if you could build them in to a pillar, still kinda lots of work but its all dualble, thinking of going back to 3 way now lol.....

2013 VW CC and as I said down low!

When You Think Your Done! Reality is..... is just the beginning
quickaudi07 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016   #253
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 theothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enoughtheothermike will become famous soon enough

I have a pair of stainless steel pods for hybrid l1 pro or l1 pro r2 tweeters. Can sell with or without great condition black l1 pro tweeters for cheap! Mounting hardware included
theothermike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016   #254
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 100 robtr8 will become famous soon enoughrobtr8 will become famous soon enoughrobtr8 will become famous soon enoughrobtr8 will become famous soon enoughrobtr8 will become famous soon enoughrobtr8 will become famous soon enough

After a couple months with the pods pointed at me, I just couldn't tune them to my satisfaction. They accomplished my goal of raising the sound stage but boy, the mids were just too "in your face". Admittedly, i have precious little processing ability with the current set up. Finally I just rotated the mid- pods to fire straight up into the windscreen. So much better!

2008 328xi. X7800BT, D8604 & D9605, MT-230, GB40, xe200, 12" Primo, Musicar box. 2006 XC90. 3300NEX, F4 (X2) & M12, GB10, GB25, AR6K, GB12D4 (X2). 2005 Malibu RLXI. MBT-RX, ZLD, Zuki, DRT 26, AR6K's (X2), MX-22, KEF egg, L5-8, PWK. 1980 Triumph TR8. MBT-RX, Overdrive Plus, D9605, GS62, L7T (X2).
robtr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2017   #255

Rep Power: 0 BENZO will become famous soon enoughBENZO will become famous soon enoughBENZO will become famous soon enoughBENZO will become famous soon enoughBENZO will become famous soon enoughBENZO will become famous soon enough

[LEFT]cool as these are the shit !
BENZO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2017   #256
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 100 robtr8 will become famous soon enoughrobtr8 will become famous soon enoughrobtr8 will become famous soon enoughrobtr8 will become famous soon enoughrobtr8 will become famous soon enoughrobtr8 will become famous soon enough

Has anyone ordered from from him recently? I know he's a slow ship but I ordered a set of ball joint bases and it's been a month.

I aimed the mid pods back down to shoot at me and turned them down with the EQ. I need the ball joint's to aim the tweeters more on center. Right now I hear left and right, I don't have a well centered soundstage.

2008 328xi. X7800BT, D8604 & D9605, MT-230, GB40, xe200, 12" Primo, Musicar box. 2006 XC90. 3300NEX, F4 (X2) & M12, GB10, GB25, AR6K, GB12D4 (X2). 2005 Malibu RLXI. MBT-RX, ZLD, Zuki, DRT 26, AR6K's (X2), MX-22, KEF egg, L5-8, PWK. 1980 Triumph TR8. MBT-RX, Overdrive Plus, D9605, GS62, L7T (X2).
Old 05-28-2017   #257

Rep Power: 0 amb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enoughamb3cog will become famous soon enough

Very classy stuff indeed. I've seen his stuff before, but not the Dyn ones. Those look so friggin cool. Makes that plain looking Toyota or whatever it is seem like a show car. Love it.
amb3cog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2017   #258
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 150 aztec45 is on a distinguished roadaztec45 is on a distinguished roadaztec45 is on a distinguished roadaztec45 is on a distinguished roadaztec45 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtr8 View Post
Has anyone ordered from from him recently? I know he's a slow ship but I ordered a set of ball joint bases and it's been a month.

I aimed the mid pods back down to shoot at me and turned them down with the EQ. I need the ball joint's to aim the tweeters more on center. Right now I hear left and right, I don't have a well centered soundstage.
I sent him money on some pods, he sent the pods but it didn't fit. So I sent him more money so he can fix the issue and nothing. I waited almost 2-3 months and I sent him countless emails and I got only 1-2 emails back. I had to get PayPal involved, once I did that he started to respond to my emails but I waited long enough and I wasn't going to wait another 1-2 more months. Luckily I got my money back on everything I sent him.

His response was that he gets too busy and he lost my order... He was trying to tell me it was my fault lol.

2014 Mustang GT-Pioneer 80PRS -Morel Integra Ovation XO6 -Ground Zero 4125SQ
aztec45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2017   #259

Rep Power: 77 SQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enough

My audio frog gb15 pods did not fit either. I will have to modify it. I didn't bother contacting him after, just took it as doing business internationally online.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited by SQLnovice; 06-03-2017 at 05:55 AM..
SQLnovice is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2017   #260
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 190 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQLnovice View Post
My audio frog gb15 pods did not fit either. I will have to modify it. I didn't bother contacting him after, just took it as doing business internationally online.

I'm thinking about ordering a pair for my GB15...where you able to make them work? What did you have to mod?

2018 Crosstrek
P SIX DSP MK2 GB10 GB25 Gs690 RM12 Z-2KD II
miniSQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2017   #261

Rep Power: 77 SQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enoughSQLnovice will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
I'm thinking about ordering a pair for my GB15...where you able to make them work? What did you have to mod?
1. the gb15 fits into the cutout, but is not secure or snug. So I would have to wrap some tape around it or something to make it snug or pressure fit. I was thinking about hot glue a small magnet on the back of the tweeter and then another magnet inside the cup.
2. the attachment that screw into the pods and then attached to the apillar/dash, is too long.
The threaded part that screws into the pods, are too long and it touches the tweeter which prevents it from securing.
This is a minor fix with a dremmel and just have to cut off a few millie meters.
I'm not bashing the product, just giving my observation.
On a side note, I think he has a different style of pods now. I was the first GB15 pods he sold. So I'm assuming these minor issues were addressed in the new ones.
Also, if you want, pm your number, or email, when I get home today i'll take a bunch of pics showing you what i'm talking about.
Old 07-15-2017   #262

I actually just took these out to take a few pics, and the tweeter is a nice snug fit. I don't think it will need anything additional to keep it in place.
These pods and GB15 is eye kandy. I got to stop slacking and get them install.
Old 07-16-2017   #263
Upgrade Your Membership!

I've sent a bunch of emails and got no reply. At this point I'm out $35 for the ball socket bases. Glad I didn't order anything expensive. I'd be very cautious about ordering anything from this guy.

Old 07-16-2017   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtr8 View Post
I've sent a bunch of emails and got no reply. At this point I'm out $35 for the ball socket bases. Glad I didn't order anything expensive. I'd be very cautious about ordering anything from this guy.
He takes a few days to reply. I don't know of anyone on here that got ripped off. Not defending him. That's just normal/expected when ordering from him. At least for me it is.

Old 07-16-2017   #265

Rep Power: 53 sq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enoughsq2k1 will become famous soon enough

I ordered from him before and received my pods with no problems...I handled my transactions through eBay. Communicating with him can be a challenge though, the language barrier and his response time definitely come to mind. Although I will say my pods were perfect and as expected.
sq2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2019   #266

Rep Power: 10 saltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enough

Bumping an old thread. Did anyone ever use these for the Hertz Mille 700.3 midrange? How did they do? What frequency were you able to tune down to? I have the MLK 165.3 components and would like to add the 700.3 midrange. The pods are still available on eBay. I assume it’s the same guy based on location (Germany). The price is hard to beat. I may buy the tweeter and mid set.

saltyone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2019   #267
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,177 Posts
Rep Power: 452 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyone View Post
Bumping an old thread. Did anyone ever use these for the Hertz Mille 700.3 midrange? How did they do? What frequency were you able to tune down to? I have the MLK 165.3 components and would like to add the 700.3 midrange. The pods are still available on eBay. I assume it’s the same guy based on location (Germany). The price is hard to beat. I may buy the tweeter and mid set.
I dont recommend those mids for small pods like these. The 700.3 wants a much larger enclosure than what these pods can offer (they want over 2.5 liters, aka, IB)

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2019   #268
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 125 tonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
I dont recommend those mids for small pods like these. The 700.3 wants a much larger enclosure than what these pods can offer (they want over 2.5 liters, aka, IB)
This ^^^^

Only use pods if you don't care about hearing tons of resonance that makes the speakers unbearable. Stuffing the pods fixes it a bit but the speaker will sound muffled, like a bluetooth speaker.

Clarion NX807, Audison Bit One HD, Audison Voce 5.1k HD, Audison Voce Quattro HD, Focal Utopia M 3-way (TBM, 3.5WM, 6WM), Dynaudio Esotar 1200
tonynca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2019   #269
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,177 Posts
Rep Power: 452 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, people tend to forget that just like subs, all drivers have a certain amount of airspace that they want. High passing them well above the FS can help, but not always.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2019   #270
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 125 tonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
Yeah, people tend to forget that just like subs, all drivers have a certain amount of airspace that they want. High passing them well above the FS can help, but not always.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yup yup. For me it wasn't the low end that was peaky. It was the 1-3khz that was ringing inside the pods. I just built some oversized fiberglass a-pillar pods and my soundstage sounds so much more open and spacious. The tiny pods from Germany were suffocating....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarion NX807, Audison Bit One HD, Audison Voce 5.1k HD, Audison Voce Quattro HD, Focal Utopia M 3-way (TBM, 3.5WM, 6WM), Dynaudio Esotar 1200
The Following User Says Thank You to tonynca For This Useful Post:
benny z (07-21-2019)
Old 07-15-2019   #271
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 114 KillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enoughKillerBox will become famous soon enough

In case it helps anyone...

I bought a larger set of pillar pods for my Focal K2 Power 165 KRX3. If I remember correctly they are around 0.7L airspace. The standard pods were about 1/2 as much airspace. The housing for Midrange diameter 130mm.

So he will build them bigger than the standard size but, they cost more. I bought ever option he had available in 2016 and it was 320 euros.

I can't say how they preform though because after I knew that I could install a center channel speakers, I no longer wanted my speakers on the a-pillars. So I just have them in my closet in case I need them for a future build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160501_222144_resized_1.jpg (531.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20160423_134431_resized.jpg (179.5 KB, 16 views)
KillerBox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2019   #272

Rep Power: 10 saltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the feedback guys! I love this site for this very reason. We’re able to learn from other’s experiences.

What about the below pods? Would this be closer to IB for the speakers...maybe if the a-pillar was trimmed underneath?

https://www.customspeakerpods.com/pr...r-pods-for-3-5

I desperately want to go three way active, and have already started ordering components, however...I would rather not incur the $750 expense for custom made a-pillar pods.

My only other option is tweeters in the sail panels and mids in the stock dash location that once contained the factory 3.5 speakers. They would be deflecting off the windshield though. The linear distance from the windshield is about 4 inches.

Anyone ever used these? I would think it would be difficult to mount these due to their shape.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PODS-FOR-HE...-/123407308882

Last edited by saltyone; 07-15-2019 at 07:42 PM..
saltyone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2019   #273
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBox View Post
In case it helps anyone...

I bought a larger set of pillar pods for my Focal K2 Power 165 KRX3. If I remember correctly they are around 0.7L airspace. The standard pods were about 1/2 as much airspace. The housing for Midrange diameter 130mm.

So he will build them bigger than the standard size but, they cost more. I bought ever option he had available in 2016 and it was 320 euros.

I can't say how they preform though because after I knew that I could install a center channel speakers, I no longer wanted my speakers on the a-pillars. So I just have them in my closet in case I need them for a future build.

I'm sure those wobble around like crazy while you're driving huh? No plastic pillars are going to hold those babies stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #274

Rep Power: 32 disconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enough

Tweeters in pods, anything larger than a GB15 should go into a re-enforced, dampened enclosure, made of birch and fiberglass, imo.

Corvette: Alpine ILX-207, Helix DSP.2, Mosconi AS 100.4, Audiofrog GB10, Stereo Integrity TM65mkii, SDS CLD Tiles, CCF, MLV, no subs.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement