Digital Transport USB to S/PDIF - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2018   #1

Rep Power: 44 jsolo53 will become famous soon enoughjsolo53 will become famous soon enoughjsolo53 will become famous soon enoughjsolo53 will become famous soon enoughjsolo53 will become famous soon enoughjsolo53 will become famous soon enough

Default Digital Transport USB to S/PDIF

I've listed my NuForce U192S converter for sale on eBay. Here's the link https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1200...&sojTags=bu=bu

Up to 24 - 192 KHz. Small, light weight, and powered by the USB connection.

This was my solution to go from an iPhone streaming flac files via USB to a DSP with optical input. It works great - stable, quiet, totally trouble free. I'm selling it because I upgraded my DSP (has its own USB audio input) so I don't need to convert anymore.

I tried other solutions too - Peachtree Audio X-1. The NuForce worked and sounded much better. Also tried using HDMI. To me HDMI's SQ sucked.

If your DSP or DAC has an optical or coax input this converter will give you a big improvement in SQ for not alot of $$.

'16 Subaru Legacy - rebuilt Soundstream amps, Audiofrog GB25, Morel Elate 6.5, Dyn MW190,
Helix DSP.2 with HEC USB, iphone as DAP
jsolo53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to jsolo53 For This Useful Post:
brainbot1 (11-19-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2018   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 42 brainbot1 will become famous soon enoughbrainbot1 will become famous soon enoughbrainbot1 will become famous soon enoughbrainbot1 will become famous soon enoughbrainbot1 will become famous soon enoughbrainbot1 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Digital Transport USB to S/PDIF

What iphone do you have? I have the iphone 6s which worked fine with the lightning camera adapter and cheap Muse DAC but then apple updated their firmware and it no longer works. I get the error message that the DAC consumes too much power now. #fuckapple

2007 Mazdaspeed3: Android > USB to SPDIF -> Dirac 22D-> miniDSP 8x12 -> Amps -> 3 way front & big sealed sub
JL Audio Amps|Scanspeak Subs,Mids,Highs|Stereo Integrity TM65MKII Midbass
Music is the Drug
brainbot1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2018   #3

Rep Power: 44 jsolo53 will become famous soon enoughjsolo53 will become famous soon enoughjsolo53 will become famous soon enoughjsolo53 will become famous soon enoughjsolo53 will become famous soon enoughjsolo53 will become famous soon enough

Get Apple's Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter. It has a lightning jack to connect to power. With that power you won't get the error you've been getting. This has worked for me with a 5 s, a 6, a 7, and an 8. I draw power from a cigarette lighter/USB adapter. https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...apter?fnode=97

The USB 3 Camera Adapter is an easy and reliable way to stream digital from your phone. Nothing else I tried worked anywhere near as well.

'16 Subaru Legacy - rebuilt Soundstream amps, Audiofrog GB25, Morel Elate 6.5, Dyn MW190,
Helix DSP.2 with HEC USB, iphone as DAP
The Following User Says Thank You to jsolo53 For This Useful Post:
brainbot1 (11-19-2018)

Old 11-19-2018   #4
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 42 brainbot1 will become famous soon enoughbrainbot1 will become famous soon enoughbrainbot1 will become famous soon enoughbrainbot1 will become famous soon enoughbrainbot1 will become famous soon enoughbrainbot1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsolo53 View Post
Get Apple's Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter. It has a lightning jack to connect to power. With that power you won't get the error you've been getting. This has worked for me with a 5 s, a 6, a 7, and an 8. I draw power from a cigarette lighter/USB adapter. https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...apter?fnode=97

The USB 3 Camera Adapter is an easy and reliable way to stream digital from your phone. Nothing else I tried worked anywhere near as well.
I have one of those and it worked fine for years and then I did a firmware update one day and it stopped working. Supposedly apple greatly reduced the number of compatible DACs for "security purposes".

2007 Mazdaspeed3: Android > USB to SPDIF -> Dirac 22D-> miniDSP 8x12 -> Amps -> 3 way front & big sealed sub
Music is the Drug
Old 11-19-2018   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 114 EmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainbot1 View Post
I have one of those and it worked fine for years and then I did a firmware update one day and it stopped working. Supposedly apple greatly reduced the number of compatible DACs for "security purposes".
Is it a power consumption thing or a compatibility thing? Try a USB adapter that will put out more power 10+watts and see if that works. Mine doesn't work with a 5v 1amp source, it has to be 2amps or more to work.
EmptyKim is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to EmptyKim For This Useful Post:
brainbot1 (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 109 Hammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enoughHammer1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainbot1 View Post
A cheap non powered hub will solve the power issue with the dac. Plug hub into camera kit and dac into hub

00 Dodge Ram Cummins Twin Turbo. IPad 9.7 Pro in the Dash. Illusion Audio C12XL C8,C5,Illusion CuBe Tweeters,. Mosconi AS300.2,AS200.2, AS100.4. Mosconi 6to8 Aerospace
Hammer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Hammer1 For This Useful Post:
brainbot1 (11-23-2018)
Old 11-23-2018   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

Thank you for this, I got it working today! So much better only have the one D to A conversion.

Music is the Drug
Old 11-24-2018   #8

My phone has started to give the error too. But the phone still streams files. Don't quite follow that.

The auction for the NuForce transport ends tomorrow. Current high bid is $75.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement