WTB : speaker 6.5" grilles - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2019   #1

Rep Power: 50 Wiggler will become famous soon enoughWiggler will become famous soon enoughWiggler will become famous soon enoughWiggler will become famous soon enoughWiggler will become famous soon enoughWiggler will become famous soon enough

I need some (preferably black) FULL MESH style (not flashy rim style or tweeter cutout style) 6.5" covers for my custom garage ceiling car audio project. The manufacturer logo (if any) should be removable, or easily cut/sanded out with dremmel. If you have 4 pairs of these you're willing to be rid of for a few bucks and reasonable shipping charge, let me know. Thanks.
Wiggler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2019   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 118 SHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enough

Default Re: WTB : speaker 6.5" grilles

I've got a pair of JL's, unused, small logo.
Also have a pair of unused Pioneers, but I can't remember what the logo/mesh looks like.
I'll look when I get home from work.
Pretty sure they'll fit in a medium USPS flat-rate box, for $14, no cost for the grills, just the shipping.
I'll post pics, later, so you can decide, if you're interested.

"I've spent half my money on gambling, wiskey, and wild women...... I wasted the rest."
SHAGGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 118 SHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enoughSHAGGS will become famous soon enough

Just looked at mine.
The JL's have an indent where the logo is hot glued on. Can be removed, and the indent could be hammered flat, but that's prolly more work than it's worth.
The Pioneer's have a thin strip across the bottom, that's part of the ring, with the logo on it.
The mesh doesn't go under it, so it can't be removed.

Looks like these would work well. $4 each, and $7 shipping on any order.

https://www.parts-express.com/6-1-2-...-ring--260-446

"I've spent half my money on gambling, wiskey, and wild women...... I wasted the rest."

Old 09-13-2019   #4

Rep Power: 50 Wiggler will become famous soon enoughWiggler will become famous soon enoughWiggler will become famous soon enoughWiggler will become famous soon enoughWiggler will become famous soon enoughWiggler will become famous soon enough

Thanks for following up. Much appreciated. I may just install without grilles since they're going into the ceiling. Not much chance of the cone getting punctured accidentally. I just wanted a more pro look to it. I'll start on everything else and worry about that later I guess.
Wiggler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2019   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

This is what they look like.
You could prolly hit them with some black spray paint, and never notice.
They're not going anywhere, so no rush if you want to wait and see if anything else pops up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0913192031.jpg (1.39 MB, 3 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement