no output from rca sub output? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010   #1
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 306 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute

Default no output from rca sub output?

Buyer of my new JVC is bound and determined to tell me the sub out doesnt work...which I cant see how ...but anyhow...

his sub blew and he had it fixed before he installed my deck. problem is I am not sure what he had connected or not connected when installing the deck and I am not sure he didnt fry something in the process.

Deck was used for less than 30 minutes and then packed up and sold by me...now I am looking at a possible mess and he still owes me a head unit in trade..

he claims its not the sub or his amp. he also hasnt tried the front/rear outputs of the deck either.

I am starting to get agitated with the situation

not sure how firm I should stand as he hasnt completed his part of the deal and the deck could be messed up. although I am thinking its the amp or sub..there is a post on it already

what to do?
JAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 274 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

Default Re: no output from rca sub output?

Tell him to send the HU back to you.

Then try it.

otherwise prepare for the eventual problems that will ensue

THIS DEAL HAS GONE WRONG - don't make it worse

Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2010   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 120 CrackedHead will become famous soon enoughCrackedHead will become famous soon enoughCrackedHead will become famous soon enoughCrackedHead will become famous soon enoughCrackedHead will become famous soon enoughCrackedHead will become famous soon enough

Does the HU have a menu setting or something to disable the output to the rear RCA out ?

This may sound stupid but some of them do have a setting that switches the rear RCA output off.
CrackedHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010   #4
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 306 JAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond reputeJAX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
Does the HU have a menu setting or something to disable the output to the rear RCA out ?

This may sound stupid but some of them do have a setting that switches the rear RCA output off.
can find nothing that does that in the manual....I might have to get it sent back to me as I cant trust this guy to know whats is wrong
Old 07-19-2010   #5
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Now he tells me it did work at one time and then stopped working (his sub) ....this is from a person who blew his sub recently and sent it to be reconed .

he isnt 100% sure his amp isnt messed up or the sub. he just thinks its the sub out on the deck
Old 07-19-2010   #6
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

now he says the amp was bad all along....I love arguing with an 18yr old

Last edited by JAX; 07-19-2010 at 06:51 PM..
Old 07-19-2010   #7

Rep Power: 163 cheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX View Post
fucking 18yr old...now he says the amp was bad all along....I love arguing with an 18yr old
So the deck is fine? G/L

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. -Vince Lombardi
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2010   #8
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead View Post
So the deck is fine? G/L

yes. he put in another amp like I told him and it works fine.....I only stated to do this a dozen times ...but since he is young he didnt want to accept my advice.

Last edited by JAX; 07-19-2010 at 06:51 PM..
Old 07-21-2010   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 128 Therum will become famous soon enoughTherum will become famous soon enoughTherum will become famous soon enoughTherum will become famous soon enoughTherum will become famous soon enoughTherum will become famous soon enough

Gotta love it. Glad it worked out for you.!
Therum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2010   #10
JAX
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

well he still owes me a deck and I am waiting on it. if he sent it out tuesday it should be here by tomorrow..its only 3hrs away
Sponsored Links
Advertisement