Power & Signal Runs, Does It Matter Which Side? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 FuzEboX will become famous soon enoughFuzEboX will become famous soon enoughFuzEboX will become famous soon enoughFuzEboX will become famous soon enoughFuzEboX will become famous soon enoughFuzEboX will become famous soon enough

Smile Power & Signal Runs, Does It Matter Which Side?

I've always been of the mind that, ideally, you would run power and signal down different sides of the car. Is this necessarily true?

TIA
FuzEboX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 134 jcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nicejcollin76 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzEboX View Post
I've always been of the mind that, ideally, you would run power and signal down different sides of the car. Is this necessarily true?

TIA
It's a preventive measure, or part of trouble shooting if you have noise. But most times its due to bad grounds. Many people still fell the need to run separately... and that's fine. Others will tell you stories of wrapping signal cables around the power wire. Lol

08 Chevy Silverado ccsb >>>Pioneer DEX-P99RS>>>JL HD600/4×2, JL HD1200/1>>>Rainbow cal28>>>Pioneer ts-s062prs>>> Rainbow w175 platinum>>>JL zr800>>>Diyma R12 ×4 sealed>>> lots of Second skin, Raamaudio, and knuconcepts
jcollin76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 101 RPercival will become famous soon enoughRPercival will become famous soon enoughRPercival will become famous soon enoughRPercival will become famous soon enoughRPercival will become famous soon enoughRPercival will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Power & Signal Runs, Does It Matter Which Side?

I've experienced noise from power and signal wires being run on the same side many times. Moving the RCAs to the other side fixed the issue almost every time. Would better RCAs have fixed it also? Maybe, but I always try the free method first and re-running RCAs is rather easy.

I had noise in my system with the singal on the opposite side of the power wire coming from factory power wires running to the trunk. When I hit the brakes or turned on the lights it got louder. Quality RCAs fixed that issue. I'll never use cheap RCAs (in my own car) again.

-Ritch Percival
Trying to keep it old school
RPercival is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 203 kyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the rough

Not a must, if you using quality products....

kyheng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 FuzEboX will become famous soon enoughFuzEboX will become famous soon enoughFuzEboX will become famous soon enoughFuzEboX will become famous soon enoughFuzEboX will become famous soon enoughFuzEboX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyheng View Post
Not a must, if you using quality products....
Definitely not going to run Radio Shack RCAs. Any recommendations for signal cables?

Thanks for the responses guys!
Old 03-20-2012   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 101 RPercival will become famous soon enoughRPercival will become famous soon enoughRPercival will become famous soon enoughRPercival will become famous soon enoughRPercival will become famous soon enoughRPercival will become famous soon enough

I have and alway will recommend KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs. They are as stout as you'll ever need, easy to work with, and affordable.

-Ritch Percival
Trying to keep it old school
RPercival is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Yeah, I've heard good things about those. Thanks for the tip, I'll probably go that route!
Old 03-20-2012   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 203 kyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the roughkyheng is a jewel in the rough

It depends to you budget on the cables... Knu's Krystal are pretty good but the cheaper RCA cables for me still DIY CAT6 network cable.....

Old 03-20-2012   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 176 nineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the roughnineball is a jewel in the rough

look at it this way - it can't hurt to run them on opposite sides of the car but it can if you don't.

Freedom of speech includes the freedom to offend people. - Brad Thor
nineball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyheng View Post
It depends to you budget on the cables... Knu's Krystal are pretty good but the cheaper RCA cables for me still DIY CAT6 network cable.....
I'll search for this method in the forum, but do you have a specific link for this? I'm not afraid to try this method...
Old 03-20-2012   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

A normal brand network cable will do, for my case, the brand is AMP....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement