Hifonics Amp Kill Switch - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 brandlinjason will become famous soon enoughbrandlinjason will become famous soon enoughbrandlinjason will become famous soon enoughbrandlinjason will become famous soon enoughbrandlinjason will become famous soon enoughbrandlinjason will become famous soon enough

Default Hifonics Amp Kill Switch

So i have seen a couple people put a kill switch on their amps and today i chose to do the same. I know it can be bad for the amp and all that but whatever. I was told that you put the switch through your remote wire between the head unit and amp. I purchased a regular toggle switch from my local electronics store and cut my remote wire and attached them to each end of the switch. When i turned it all back on my amp wouldnt turn on. No matter what position the switch was in it didnt work! What the hell happened? Any advice or instruction is greatly appreciated.
brandlinjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

12V Company:
Vaani Acoustics
Position:
Founder/Engineer

Rep Power: 131 piyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enough

Remove the switch and try connecting it directly so as to check if switch it's faulty it not

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
piyush7243 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 brandlinjason will become famous soon enoughbrandlinjason will become famous soon enoughbrandlinjason will become famous soon enoughbrandlinjason will become famous soon enoughbrandlinjason will become famous soon enoughbrandlinjason will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Hifonics Amp Kill Switch

I gave it shot and connected the two ends of the remote wire back together and still no power. WTF -__- what now? Thanks

Old 10-24-2012   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 97 gckless will become famous soon enoughgckless will become famous soon enoughgckless will become famous soon enoughgckless will become famous soon enoughgckless will become famous soon enoughgckless will become famous soon enoughgckless will become famous soon enough

Can I first ask why you would want to do this?

Have you tested your remote wire, both before the cut and after? What voltage is it reading?
gckless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

The L7 is so loud that it attracts too much attention and i need to be able to hit a quick switch in case of lets say police prescence. I did not take voltage readings. But right before i cut the wire i had the sub going. Then i turned it off and cut the wire and you know the rest from my description. What should the voltage reading be after?
Old 10-24-2012   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 97 gckless will become famous soon enoughgckless will become famous soon enoughgckless will become famous soon enoughgckless will become famous soon enoughgckless will become famous soon enoughgckless will become famous soon enoughgckless will become famous soon enough

So you can't just use the volume knob? Seems completely unnecessary.

Regardless, the voltage should be reading very close to what your system voltage is reading. 12V+ on battery, 14V+ with car running.
gckless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Sorry i forgot to mention that. With my L7 with the bass knob all the way down it still cranks and it takes to long to scroll the volume down. Any ideas what went wrong and how i can fix it?
Old 10-24-2012   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

12V Company:
Vaani Acoustics
Position:
Founder/Engineer

Rep Power: 131 piyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enough

So as per my understanding, the app is not turning on.check the remote wire and amp but first remote wire

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
piyush7243 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement