2010 Audi A4 recommendations on Setup - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013   #1

Rep Power: 0 BuiltFordTuffs will become famous soon enoughBuiltFordTuffs will become famous soon enoughBuiltFordTuffs will become famous soon enoughBuiltFordTuffs will become famous soon enoughBuiltFordTuffs will become famous soon enoughBuiltFordTuffs will become famous soon enough

Talking 2010 Audi A4 recommendations on Setup

Hi, I recently purchased a new car and was looking for more input on the setup, I have a 2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus with Frontrac. Considering the current setup I will keep the factory radio system (heard some aftermarket factory upgrades from ebay were defective). From my previous car I still have 2 x 12" Kicker L7 solobaric and a 1000w Memphis 1 ch.

After talking to a few audio installers not sure which road to pursue regarding an install.

One place recommended that I soley upgrade my amp to around 1500w and supply an external battery and use my kickers since the box still fits in my limited trunk.

Another place that does more customizations recommend the JL HD 750/1 and run that without an external battery due to the efficency of the amp and my car

Just looking for a little insight that isn't interested in my money and if any recommendations on the mids and highs. Considering leaving them stock if they can keep up with the lows

Thanks
BuiltFordTuffs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 130 SQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to allSQ Audi is a name known to all

Default Re: 2010 Audi A4 recommendations on Setup

As the owner of an 07 Audi A4, I would say this, the stocks will NOT keep up unless you amp them as well.

The guy who told you the HD750/1 is more efficient is dead on. No need for extra battery unless you want to play the system alot when the car is turned off or ACC mode.

Joe Wallis
2013 Hyundai Equus (Ghost)
Lexicon HU, Italia Hi-Fi BL-5 3-way Active, 4 BL-3 8" subwoofers, PHD 4075x for mids and tweets, 2260x for midbass, and 11100x for subs. Ask me about Italia Hi-Fi.
SQ Audi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2013   #3

Rep Power: 0 BuiltFordTuffs will become famous soon enoughBuiltFordTuffs will become famous soon enoughBuiltFordTuffs will become famous soon enoughBuiltFordTuffs will become famous soon enoughBuiltFordTuffs will become famous soon enoughBuiltFordTuffs will become famous soon enough

Ok thanks, i still have my crunch 900w 4ch, I'm sure i could use that to run on the mid a highs, just not sure if the stock speakers will last, I kind of only want to open up everything one time and be done with it
BuiltFordTuffs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013   #4
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 359 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Your "900w Crunch" is lucky to be pushing 50w x 4. I wouldn't worry about that "overpowering" your factory speakers too much. However, if it is sending a dirty signal it could do some damage pretty quickly.

SQ Audi and other Audi owners would probably much better at recommending your best course of action if you're wanting to go one and done on the car.
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement