Front stage troubleshooting. - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 doppelfaust will become famous soon enoughdoppelfaust will become famous soon enoughdoppelfaust will become famous soon enoughdoppelfaust will become famous soon enoughdoppelfaust will become famous soon enoughdoppelfaust will become famous soon enough

Default Front stage troubleshooting.

I recently put a car back on the road after a mild rebuild. Front stage is some PG RSD5CS components. I have a Cadance TXA 3004 running the front stage and sub. Head unit is a Alpine CDA-9886. It has an Alpine Type-R 12" in a spec ported box that seems to be functioning properly. The amp is mounted on the sub box and the whole shooting match was brought inside and stored while the car was worked. I put the sub box and amp back in for a road trip after completing the car and my front stage was gone. I rechecked all my connections and reset the gains but I am only getting VERY minimal sound through the tweeters and absolutely nothing out of the mid.

Where should I start troubleshooting? I don't have a spare RCA at the moment but I can pick one up.

I've honestly never ran into "problems" with a car stereo install before, short of tuning issues.

I appreciate any help you guys can give. Please forgive me if I put this in the wrong forum, it seemed to fit the best.
doppelfaust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 232 minbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to all

Default Re: Front stage troubleshooting.

best thing to start with is swap the RCA left to right and see if the problem stays on the same side or switches.

then do the same with the speaker wires.

if the problem stays on the same side, then the problem is with the speakers. if it swaps, then you have a problem with the amplifier.

Original post whore!
Bent Nail Brewery

2014 Tacoma, Stock HU |AC LC2i | Dayton 408 DSP | Phoenix Gold T500.2 -> Silver Flute 8" | -> JL 300/2 -> Vifa XT25 | JL 500/1 -> 12" ID IDQ
minbari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 doppelfaust will become famous soon enoughdoppelfaust will become famous soon enoughdoppelfaust will become famous soon enoughdoppelfaust will become famous soon enoughdoppelfaust will become famous soon enoughdoppelfaust will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Front stage troubleshooting.

I should have mentioned, this is the same on both sides. Tweeter is functional but quiet and mid is not functioning at all. Tried swapping sides on the RCAs and speaker wires with no change. I took the mid out and inspected it visually and didn't notice anything strange. I also checked my connections at the crossover and they were tight and clean. All the connections are soldered and shrink wrapped on the mid and they were functional before the sub and amp came out. I just moved so my multimeter is packed or else I would be able to check continuity/resistance.

I will try to unbury my multimeter this weekend and swap the RCA for the sub to the front stage and see if the problem follows the RCA or remains with the speakers.
doppelfaust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement