DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Amp repair in/near SoCal?

4K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  TrickyRicky 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend a place that can check out and repair a burned up Zuki Eleets 4ch in or near San Diego?

I'm tired of looking at it taking up space on my work bench and I have a new project I could use it on.

#3 ·
No, thanks man, but I want to get it fixed.

#7 ·
I guess to save on shipping and feel more secure of where your item is (the closer the better?)

Cecil would be my "to go to" guy in Cal....he's helped me on certain repairs...so I trust him.

Rally has dealt with me and he knows what kind of guy I am....

#8 ·
Pretty much. Who's Cecil? Does he have a website or something?

Rally, who do you send your stuff to in TX?

#12 ·
Here's some pics of the amp. I wonder if I should crack it open and see what the damage looks like?

Attachments

#17 ·
What's the amp doing or not doing correctly? I'd support Ricky even though I repair my own amps in SoCal. He does great work and an overall great honest guy.

#22 ·
It just pops fuses and won't work anytime power is applied.

#18 ·
Am backed up with lots of repair work right now. So I really can't offer to repair it at the moment (unless his willing to wait).

Like I mentioned before there are other repair techs that may be closer to the OP. Cecil is in Cali, Atomictech is Neveda......

The board is in good condition and layout seems fair and simple to understand..so this would be an easy repair for any repair tech.

#27 ·
He can say. I don't care about Zuki's weird way of stating power.

#28 ·
I got 95watts RMS per channel at 4ohms with a 60hz sine wave (pretty brutal), when I do these types of test I always place two fans right beside the amplifier (with no bottom cover to allow air to cool the inside as well as the heat sink. Also got two fans on the dummy loads).

With music I got dynamic peaks of 140watts (4ohm/per channel). Am sure it can put a bit more power @2ohm stereo, don't know if its recommended though. I am limited in dummy loads so I couldn't test it at 2ohm stereo.

Was at 62amps of current with the sine wave test and 12.99v.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.