MiniDSP Program/Software - how to download as the second owner? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Days Ago   #1

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 77 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

Default MiniDSP Program/Software - how to download as the second owner?

I sold my MiniDSP to a member on here and I want to help him get the program set up on his laptop, but I can't remember how to do that.

I looked on MiniDSPs website and also sent them an email, but haven't heard back from them, yet.

Can someone who has done this post some instructions, or help??

Thanks!

2018 Jeep GC - AF GB10s, GB25s, GS690s, Zapco ST & Mosconi Pico amps, (2) AF GB12s, Helix Pro MK2 & Director, Fiio M9
My wife was furious when she overheard me say I want to do a 3 way in my Jeep.
DavidRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Days Ago   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 72 unix_usr will become famous soon enoughunix_usr will become famous soon enoughunix_usr will become famous soon enoughunix_usr will become famous soon enoughunix_usr will become famous soon enoughunix_usr will become famous soon enough

Default Re: MiniDSP Program/Software - how to download as the second owner?

Ask prior owner? ... or someone else with the same model? (What model?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current build (almost completed) -> 2017 Mustang GT PP, Zapco DC series amps & DSP, all active - dual 18" Fi IB3 Subwoofers in IB.

Version 2: Zapco LX 6 A/B for mains, Zapco Z3K D for 12" Sundown Z12 in IB, miniDSP C68 integrated with custom micro to OEM processing and controls...
unix_usr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to unix_usr For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #3

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 82 Jscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enoughJscoyne2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
I sold my MiniDSP to a member on here and I want to help him get the program set up on his laptop, but I can't remember how to do that.

I looked on MiniDSPs website and also sent them an email, but haven't heard back from them, yet.

Can someone who has done this post some instructions, or help??

Thanks!
What program? Plus you could upload the software to OneDrive i think and send it that way.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Jscoyne2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Jscoyne2 For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)

Old 4 Days Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 154 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

They need to download the software from MiniDSP.... they have to set up an account on MiniDSP though in order to download it. I am not 100% sure though, but the new owner may need help from MiniDSP in order to allow the download.

If you still have the executable file to install the software on your laptop, I would just put that on a cloud drive somewhere and send the new owner a link to download it. Once they have the file, it's no different to any other DSP, install software, connect DSP via USB cord, open software and click connect.

Some old luggage

naiku is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to naiku For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 60 Truthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enough

I bought my 8x12 used. I had to set up an account on MiniDSP's website and then had to email them and give them the original order number, which was provided to me from the previous owner, for Mini to give my account access to the plug-in on the downloads page. That original order number also scored me the V2 board

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

2015 Camry Build Log
Truthunter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Truthunter For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #6

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 77 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

This is what I'm trying to figure out...

I am the original owner, I'm trying to help out the new owner who I sold it to...

The manual:
https://www.minidsp.com/images/docum...r%20Manual.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MiniDSP.JPG (73.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg MiniDSP 2.JPG (78.7 KB, 11 views)

2018 Jeep GC - AF GB10s, GB25s, GS690s, Zapco ST & Mosconi Pico amps, (2) AF GB12s, Helix Pro MK2 & Director, Fiio M9
Old 4 Days Ago   #7

Enthusiast

I guess I'll have him set up an account with Mini and see if he is able to download it...

Old 4 Days Ago   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 86 CDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enough

Thank you David.
CDT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to CDT FAN For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 293 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the best way is transfer of ownership with the help of minidsp. Only other way would to be give the new owner your username and password if you plan on never owning another minidsp product. And you'd REALLY have to trust them if you did that.

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Minidsp 8x12...JL RD900/5...Zapco ST-4X SQ...Scanspeak Discovery car tweeters...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...Dayton ho10d4...In car audio you have to tune more for the terrible excuse for a listening space than you do the speakers being used
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillbilly SQ For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 25 GreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enough

They used to transfer licenses but they recently stopped doing it. The new owner will have to buy a ~$10 plugin license.

2017 Chevy Bolt EV - Work in Progress: Scanspeak D3004/6040-10 Beryllium tweeters / Scanspeak 12mu mids / Scanspeak 18wu midbasses / Scanspeak 32w/4878T00 13" Subwoofer / Audiofrog GB25s (rear fill). MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12 v2, Arc Audio KS 300.2 (midbass), Zapco Z-150.6 LX (Mids / Highs), Arc Audio KS 1200.1 (sub), Litebox Stereo 4 (rear fill).
GreatLaBroski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatLaBroski For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #11

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
Yeah, the best way is transfer of ownership with the help of minidsp. Only other way would to be give the new owner your username and password if you plan on never owning another minidsp product. And you'd REALLY have to trust them if you did that.
Good idea... I'll give him the new owner my info, I don't have a problem with that.
I'm a Helix guy now, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLaBroski View Post
They used to transfer licenses but they recently stopped doing it. The new owner will have to buy a ~$10 plugin license.
Thanks for the info. That sucks. If it comes down to this, I think it's only fair if I pay for the new license...

Old 4 Days Ago   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 293 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good idea... I'll give him the new owner my info, I don't have a problem with that.
I'm a Helix guy now, too.

Thanks for the info. That sucks. If it comes down to this, I think it's only fair if I pay for the new license...
I'm a Helix guy now too

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Minidsp 8x12...JL RD900/5...Zapco ST-4X SQ...Scanspeak Discovery car tweeters...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...Dayton ho10d4...In car audio you have to tune more for the terrible excuse for a listening space than you do the speakers being used
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillbilly SQ For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #13
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 25 GreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It’s worth emailing their support to see if they’ll do it, but yeah I had to do that with a 2x4 HD that I sold.

2017 Chevy Bolt EV - Work in Progress: Scanspeak D3004/6040-10 Beryllium tweeters / Scanspeak 12mu mids / Scanspeak 18wu midbasses / Scanspeak 32w/4878T00 13" Subwoofer / Audiofrog GB25s (rear fill). MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12 v2, Arc Audio KS 300.2 (midbass), Zapco Z-150.6 LX (Mids / Highs), Arc Audio KS 1200.1 (sub), Litebox Stereo 4 (rear fill).
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatLaBroski For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #14

Rep Power: 10 Chris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enough

I bought a used mini DSP 6x8 from a member on here in September or November. All I had to do was create an account on miniDSP and email them the serial number of my newly purchased, but used device, and they gave me access to the related downloads.

You've got to go out on a limb sometimes because that's where the fruit is.
Chris12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris12 For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #15

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
I'm a Helix guy now too
I read that somewhere...

Quote:
Itís worth emailing their support to see if theyíll do it, but yeah I had to do that with a 2x4 HD that I sold.
Yep, I sent them an email, but haven't heard back yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris12 View Post
I bought a used mini DSP 6x8 from a member on here in September or November. All I had to do was create an account on miniDSP and email them the serial number of my newly purchased, but used device, and they gave me access to the related downloads.
Hmmmm, I wonder if they have become more stingy since then...

Old 4 Days Ago   #16
Upgrade Your Membership!

Yeah I sold some stuff last year and didn’t have issues with them transferring. It was only my last sale sometime around the end of the year where they told me the new owner would have to buy a license. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way but I get it, and it’s not like the licenses are expensive.

Old 4 Days Ago   #17

Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah I sold some stuff last year and didnít have issues with them transferring. It was only my last sale sometime around the end of the year where they told me the new owner would have to buy a license. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way but I get it, and itís not like the licenses are expensive.
I guess $10 isn't bad... but it does kinda seem like a little nickle and diming, though, right?

Old 4 Days Ago   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 86 CDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enough

I'm the one that bought it. Thanks guys for all of the advice and help.

I have an account that I created last week. I tried downloading the plugins and such and realized that they aren't available to me (yet), so I emailed support and got an autoreply. They said they would replay back within 72 hours. I don't mind paying a few dollars for a license, I don't know if they are going to need a license key or proof of purchase.

Last edited by CDT FAN; 4 Days Ago at 05:06 PM..
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #19

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDT FAN View Post
I'm the one that bought it. Thanks guys for all of the advice and help.

I have an account that I created last week. I tried downloading the plugins and such and realized that they aren't available to me (yet). I emails support and got an autoreply. They said they would replay back within 72 hours. I don't mind paying a few dollars for a license, I don't know if they are going to need a license key or proof of purchase.
I also emailed them again and copied you on the email... One of two things we can do: I'm going to try to login to my MiniDSP account and if the download is available I will pm you my UN and PW, or MiniDSP will get us another license and I'll pay for it.
Sorry, I didn't realize this would be such a hassle...

Old 4 Days Ago   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

It's no problem. Just something unforseen.
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #21

Enthusiast

This what it looks like I am able to download, is that what we need???

This is a screen shot after logging into my account...
Attached Images
File Type: png MiniDSP 3.PNG (29.8 KB, 10 views)

Old 4 Days Ago   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

I was trying to download that plugin earlier, but the download button didn't even show up for me. Please download everything you can for it.
Old 4 Days Ago   #23

Enthusiast

Quote:
I was trying to download that plugin earlier, but the download button didn't even show up for me. Please download everything you can for it.
I'm going to figure out what my password is and I'll email it to you, so you can download it.
I already have it on my laptops...

Old 4 Days Ago   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

David, minidsp support already got me set up and I can now get to the downloads. Thanks a million.

Guys, David is a great guy to deal with. He went above and beyond to take care of me. He even through in some extra cables without me asking.
DavidRam (4 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #25

Enthusiast

Quote:
David, minidsp support already got me set up and I can now get to the downloads. Thanks a million.

Guys, David is a great guy to deal with. He went above and beyond to take care of me. He even through in some extra cables without me asking.
Thats great to hear! MiniDSP emailed me to let me know they got you taken care of, too. Enjoy your dsp and feel free to ask if you need any help getting it set up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement