Old 03-31-2019   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,149 Posts
Rep Power: 449 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Default Remote DSP Tuning

So seems like the word has gotten out, and i have been getting a lot of messages for this lately. A lot of you have been interested in doing Remote DSP Tuning with me in the past, but i have been to busy to help everyone since i have other priorities at the shop. Starting April 8th, i'll be free and unable to do much around the shop for about a week or two. So, i'll be offering full DSP remote tuning sessions for 30% off from April 8th to the 15th to help me kill some time and be of some use. I can tune all DSP's that have a computer based software. All you will need is a USB measurement mic, a laptop that isnt total crap, and decent wifi where your car is. This is a great opportunity for those who are just getting into tuning since it will not only be that, but also a walk through of a predictable and repeatable process tailored for your particular install that will get you started with the basics of DSP tuning. If interested, message me for more details. Thanks

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
SinisterDodge (03-31-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2019   #2

Rep Power: 8 SinisterDodge will become famous soon enoughSinisterDodge will become famous soon enoughSinisterDodge will become famous soon enoughSinisterDodge will become famous soon enoughSinisterDodge will become famous soon enoughSinisterDodge will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Remote DSP Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
So seems like the word has gotten out, and i have been getting a lot of messages for this lately. A lot of you have been interested in doing Remote DSP Tuning with me in the past, but i have been to busy to help everyone since i have other priorities at the shop. Starting April 8th, i'll be free and unable to do much around the shop for about a week or two. So, i'll be offering full DSP remote tuning sessions for 30% off from April 8th to the 15th to help me kill some time and be of some use. I can tune all DSP's that have a computer based software. All you will need is a USB measurement mic, a laptop that isnt total crap, and decent wifi where your car is. This is a great opportunity for those who are just getting into tuning since it will not only be that, but also a walk through of a predictable and repeatable process tailored for your particular install that will get you started with the basics of DSP tuning. If interested, message me for more details. Thanks

Will you be able to tune with JL Tun for my VXi?
SinisterDodge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 449 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterDodge View Post
Will you be able to tune with JL Tun for my VXi?
Yup

Anything that is computer based (pretty much I just cant tune something like the metra dsp, which is smartphone based.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
SinisterDodge (03-31-2019)

Old 03-31-2019   #4

Rep Power: 67 Gump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enough

Quote:
30% off of what?
Gump_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump_Runner View Post
30% off of what?
well i dont give take a few hours of my day to tune peoples processors for free.. sorry lol

Old 03-31-2019   #6

Rep Power: 67 Gump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enough

Quote:
well i dont give take a few hours of my day to tune peoples processors for free.. sorry lol
Understood. What is the hourly rate?
Old 03-31-2019   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Understood. What is the hourly rate?
i actually charge based on the DSP and how many speakers. Less powerful DSP's, for example a mini dsp 6x8 only has 6(?) bands of output eq, meanwhile a helix has 31. when working with something that is more limited its a lot quicker. I also base it on if the DSP is known to be buggy and/or not user friendly.

Old 03-31-2019   #8

Quote:
i actually charge based on the DSP and how many speakers. Less powerful DSP's, for example a mini dsp 6x8 only has 6(?) bands of output eq, meanwhile a helix has 31. when working with something that is more limited its a lot quicker. I also base it on if the DSP is known to be buggy and/or not user friendly.
Makes sense.

Helix v1
2 Front Mids
2 Tweeters
2 Rear Fill
2 Sealed Subs
Old 03-31-2019   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Makes sense.

Helix v1
2 Front Mids
2 Tweeters
2 Rear Fill
2 Sealed Subs
shoot me a message and we can figure it out

Old 03-31-2019   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 166 banshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enough

Been considering this for a while now, I may take you up on this if I get free time myself, lol. Thanks for the offer, great deal!
banshee28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to banshee28 For This Useful Post:
SkizeR (03-31-2019)
Old 04-01-2019   #11
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 32 Middleby will become famous soon enoughMiddleby will become famous soon enoughMiddleby will become famous soon enoughMiddleby will become famous soon enoughMiddleby will become famous soon enoughMiddleby will become famous soon enough

Anyone on the fence about this needs to hop on down. I live in a town where there isn’t even an audio shop period so needless to say nobody to help out on getting my system tuned properly when I was getting into the SQ side of things. Spent some money with Nick on gear and got the remote tune discounted and that was all that was needed. After seeing step by step what’s needed and the proper way to go about it it gave me what I needed to confidently tune my own system from then on. Worth every penny and then some not to mention the fact you have some sort of tech support to help explain and instruct you in a pinch. Highly recommend to every newcomer that’s never tuned or even those that have and don’t think they’re getting the most out of their current setup. Still one of the best purchases I’ve made in this hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Middleby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Middleby For This Useful Post:
banshee28 (04-01-2019), bbfoto (04-13-2019), SkizeR (04-01-2019)
Old 04-01-2019   #12

Rep Power: 21 RRWWS will become famous soon enoughRRWWS will become famous soon enoughRRWWS will become famous soon enoughRRWWS will become famous soon enoughRRWWS will become famous soon enoughRRWWS will become famous soon enough

Too bad I won't have all my stuff ready in time to jump all over this.
RRWWS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019   #13
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRWWS View Post
Too bad I won't have all my stuff ready in time to jump all over this.
When will you be ready? I can probably make some exceptions

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Old 04-09-2019   #14

Rep Power: 0 MrHarv will become famous soon enoughMrHarv will become famous soon enoughMrHarv will become famous soon enoughMrHarv will become famous soon enoughMrHarv will become famous soon enoughMrHarv will become famous soon enough

Can you remote in to the Dayton Audio dsp?

MrHarv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2019   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarv View Post
Can you remote in to the Dayton Audio dsp?

does it have software for your computer? if so, yes

Old 04-11-2019   #16

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 87 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

Guys, I spent some time with Nick on the phone last night, and let me say this: HE KNOWS HIS SHIT and he's an awesome guy to work with!!!

Do yourselves a favor and get a remote tune from him...

As soon as I get my shit together he's going to be tuning mine. I consider myself a pretty good tuner with a mic and REW, but I could not begin to get the results out of my system that he can.

2018 Jeep GC - AF GB10s, GB25s, GS690s, Zapco & Mosconi amps, (2) AF GB12s, Helix Pro MK2 & Director, Fiio X5
"Just slap some drywall screws in it, and you'll be fine"
DavidRam is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DavidRam For This Useful Post:
JamesRC (04-12-2019), SkizeR (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019   #17

Rep Power: 0 MrHarv will become famous soon enoughMrHarv will become famous soon enoughMrHarv will become famous soon enoughMrHarv will become famous soon enoughMrHarv will become famous soon enoughMrHarv will become famous soon enough

Quote:
does it have software for your computer? if so, yes

I think so, but I don’t currently own it yet. I’m wanting to go active with this new system but am still in the planning stage.

MrHarv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2019   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 119 rob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enough

Damn Helix! Still waiting on the dsp.3 to be released 🤬
rob3980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rob3980 For This Useful Post:
jdunk54nl (04-13-2019)
Old 04-12-2019   #19

Rep Power: 27 JamesRC will become famous soon enoughJamesRC will become famous soon enoughJamesRC will become famous soon enoughJamesRC will become famous soon enoughJamesRC will become famous soon enoughJamesRC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
Guys, I spent some time with Nick on the phone last night, and let me say this: HE KNOWS HIS SHIT and he's an awesome guy to work with!!!

Do yourselves a favor and get a remote tune from him...

As soon as I get my shit together he's going to be tuning mine. I consider myself a pretty good tuner with a mic and REW, but I could not begin to get the results out of my system that he can.
+1. Nick's support has far out-valued what I've actually paid him.

2011 Nissan Rogue - Sony XAV-AX200 - Helix DSP - Zapco Z-150.6 ii - Audiofrog GB60 - ScanSpeak d3004/6040-00 - Audiofrog GS12D2
JamesRC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesRC For This Useful Post:
SkizeR (04-12-2019)
Old 04-15-2019   #20

Rep Power: 0 KG089 will become famous soon enoughKG089 will become famous soon enoughKG089 will become famous soon enoughKG089 will become famous soon enoughKG089 will become famous soon enoughKG089 will become famous soon enough

Now thiss is so actually very useful
And dope
KG089 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to KG089 For This Useful Post:
SkizeR (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019   #21
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG089 View Post
Now thiss is so actually very useful
And dope
its the dopest dope youve ever smoked

Old 04-16-2019   #22

Rep Power: 40 Mahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enough

Subbed.
Mahapederdon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2019   #23

Rep Power: 0 Denslayer will become famous soon enoughDenslayer will become famous soon enoughDenslayer will become famous soon enoughDenslayer will become famous soon enoughDenslayer will become famous soon enoughDenslayer will become famous soon enough

Nick is a tuning genius . Don't hesitate if your on the fence or just don't have hours to learn to tune . I just got this done on a 2 way + sub active set up. My system sounded good before, now it sounds great and I finally have a stage
Denslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Denslayer For This Useful Post:
SkizeR (04-19-2019)
Old 04-19-2019   #24

Rep Power: 40 Mahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enough

So how's this work. You remote into my PC and use Rew and my dsp program. Do I hold the mic and do spatial averaging by moving it while pink noise plays. Or do you run sweeps and average those? what's the average time we'd have to commit to this? Just trying to get an idea. I live in a condo so my garage is out of WiFi range. But I have a box of cat 6 I may be able to run a wire that far.
Mahapederdon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2019   #25

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 87 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahapederdon View Post
I live in a condo so my garage is out of WiFi range. But I have a box of cat 6 I may be able to run a wire that far.
I have the same issue... I am trying to get an extender that will reach the garage to get wifi in there.

I bought a range extender and a 100 ft extension cord.. Hopefully I can move my range extender far enough across my yard, where it still gets signal from the router and gives me wifi in the garage.

2018 Jeep GC - AF GB10s, GB25s, GS690s, Zapco & Mosconi amps, (2) AF GB12s, Helix Pro MK2 & Director, Fiio X5
"Just slap some drywall screws in it, and you'll be fine"
DavidRam is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement