Audioquest cables & other brands - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2019   #1

Rep Power: 10 Asdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enough

Default Audioquest cables & other brands

Looking for reviews on audioquest rca versions & optical versions used in car audio & also any other good brands, thanks
Asdcreation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019   #2

Rep Power: 10 Asdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enough

Just started testing the aux cables of audioquest starting with evergreen,will review after I finish ;
I am using skw aux(3.5mm to 3.5mm -6feet)from a year , nice,solid,good looking & thick well protected cable,nice sound,after trying cheaper cables & mogami gold which didn't lasted a month,I think this is best aux cable for daily use
Old 04-22-2019   #3

Rep Power: 40 Mahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enough

I work for a home audio video store so I grabbed some audioquest wires a few years back. They work fine for short runs but I ran them from my deck to the back and I had allot of noise. I just don't think there designed for the car environment.
Mahapederdon is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019   #4

I checked with a audioquest dealer although he knows about aux cables but not about RCA or optical cable in car audio.After doing research, I found out although they are great in home audio they havnt been tested that much in car audio environment to get reliable reviews ,one reason because they are expensive,although there build quality is good,they longer run cable (5m) cost lot of money ,for ex carbon or vodka which comes with proper shielding etc @ 5m comes around 300 for carbon & 600 for vodka for optic cable,although they sound good in high end car audio system(separation of instruments etc etc)but that's a lot of money for a single cable
Old 04-24-2019   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 sirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enoughsirvent_95 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Audioquest cables & other brands

I've used Audioquest in my cars for 20 years. The only time I've ever had noise was because of poorly routed cables, or a bad solder joint on a ground lead at the RCA connector.

They are definitely capable and appropriate for the car environment. They are not cheap though.

That being said I'm doing an install now with a set of Audioquest RCA cables. This will be the fifth car they have been installed in since they were originally purchased. I've had to replace an RCA end once or twice but the cables still sound amazing. I also use Audioquest Type 2 or Type 4 speaker wire in my personal vehicles. Their speaker wire is also capable and appropriate for mobile installs.

Enjoy!
sirvent_95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2019   #6

Thanks for the info,yeah I tested out audioquest evergreen aux it did bring little bit of better clarity vs skw but not that much difference but then I tested out Sydney aux (3.5mm to 3.5mm) I got from a friend(going from my s9+ to aux port of my OEM hu),its @ next level(instrument separation, soundstage etc),so good cables does make a difference especially if u have a high end audio setup

Last edited by Asdcreation; 04-27-2019 at 05:02 PM..
Old 04-25-2019   #7

Has Anyone heard/know about wireworld supernova 7 optic?
Old 04-25-2019   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 41 AyOne will become famous soon enoughAyOne will become famous soon enoughAyOne will become famous soon enoughAyOne will become famous soon enoughAyOne will become famous soon enoughAyOne will become famous soon enough

Iíve run 3 sets of AQ golden gate 5m for 10years in 3 different cars with no noise. I have a 1.5m carbon optical too but I donít think noise is even an issue with fiber optic.

AyOne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2019   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 303 LBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond repute

this are hand made. Many different options with different connectors and silver or copper leads.....copper works extremely well.
© MAROHEI CABLES

also very nice cables are Tchernov cables, many EMMA competitors are using them
"TCHERNOV CABLE"

Price of both - Marohei and Tchernov are quite high for upper level models, but if you are looking for quality that is the price to pay

Im using a mix of Supra (DLS ultimate balanced) and Kimber for Signal (Neutrik PRO/WBT/DLS Ultimate RCA plugs),.... so far pretty satisfied with the combo

For Fast Moving Concerts
Team LB audio
Team Hybrid Audio
Team BRAX
Team SCB
LBaudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2019   #10

In USA, silversonic also make some quality cables ,acc to some reviews their glass master toslink has bettered audioquest vodka easily
Old 06-12-2019   #11

So finally I finished testing with the ultimate audioquest angel ,as the name suggests this cable is angel of sound ,ultimate details ,the highs from this cable can't be beaten by any cable I have tested,it can make your phone like you are listening from $3500 dap so it's the best cable for the highend system
But there is one issue too also the reason why its suggested mostly for home audio & not car audio,the burn in time,as its silver its takes time,if you havnt listen to quality cables,it will sound good specially highs but bit itchy, it need at least 20 hours burn in to sound good,after 50 hours or so it will start shining,for critical listening 100 hrs (some say 500hrs)& one thing more,you have to keep same source,if you switch source,the burn in process starts all over again....
I tried this with Samsung s9+ with 70 hrs burn in then s10+ new the s10+ sounded pretty bad but once I changed back to s9+ it sounded good,so somehow the dbs system in it is able to remember with which device the burn in has occured
I also tested fiio x7 mark 2 which sounded good,which means phone takes more time to burn in & get focused than the daps
I havnt have chance to test the fiio dap later (it was tested when cable had 20 hours of burn in with s9+)the review was with 80 hrs of testing with s9+,one feature worth mentioning here is Dolby atmos of s9+, it really brings out the magic with this cable
Overall I will recommend this cable for high end setup in home audio,for car audio I think Sydney is the best performer/value for mid to high end system,with low burn in time for great music ,with audioquest tower for low budget system

Last edited by Asdcreation; 06-12-2019 at 02:35 AM..
Old 06-12-2019   #12

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 88 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

Uuuuuhhhhh, I don't think so...

2018 Jeep GC - AF GB10s, GB25s, GS690s, Zapco & Mosconi amps, (2) AF GB12s, Helix Pro MK2 & Director, Fiio X5
"Just slap some drywall screws in it, and you'll be fine"
DavidRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 135 JVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the rough

funny thread
JVD240 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to JVD240 For This Useful Post:
GreatLaBroski (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019   #14

Rep Power: 40 Mahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enough

This has got to be a joke. Burning in cables. It's wire. I'm gonna go burn in my new wall outlets cause my home stereo sounds shrill. I'm not trying to be offensive but I had to say something.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mahapederdon For This Useful Post:
-Kyle- (06-12-2019), GreatLaBroski (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 130 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Mmmm , no noise with evergreens 17 ft RCA's.

Did they sound different to Stingers?
Maybe in my head, the highs did not appear to have the harshness at first but if they need burning maybe they changed now, ha ha

Zero noise, in this area, maybe they worked better, I tried very quiet cds or tracks and hear no hiss or any type of noise
And the reason I switched was the thinner single cable and split end to 2 channels at the end, I wished they gave an extra 6" to the individual cables o connect to separate amps or prevent minor stress and bending in tight areas, not that that was an issue with my install but just an observation with the flexibility and length that could be better

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019   #16

My last post was about audioquest angel($1200-$1500 cable), not lower versions,audioquest tower,audioquest evergreen all the way upto audioquest Sydney does not require break ins.
Audioquest Angel . At first use, the sound will be a bit harsh as the solid silver core hasn't fully settled / matured. You will need at least 500 hours of break-in before critical listening. And do not move the cable around or bend it. The sound can change / degrade if you move or bend it. It will need additional several hundred hours of break-in for it to settle again. There is added detail in the background and around the soundstage. Treble region opens up well. It is very accurate. If you have a bad recording, it will sound worse than the cheap cable because it picks up everything (that is exactly what you need). If you have a good recording it will sound the best
Also as I mentioned it's for high end system only($25k-$100k) ,for budget systems it's not worth spending ,a cheaper audioquest tower or audioquest evergreen/skw works fine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61iW2h+YZ-L_1560357491391._SY550_ (1).jpg (20.6 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Asdcreation; 06-12-2019 at 10:54 AM..
Old 06-12-2019   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 135 JVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the rough

More fresh new material for your bit.

Haha. Amazing.
JVD240 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019   #18

Rep Power: 82 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Wow. Donít move the cable or the sound will change? Silver will settle after 500 hours?

And you sir are why they offer $1000 cables that are electrically the same as something costing a fraction of that.

Some audiophiles listen more with their eyes than their ears. But you do you. Glad youíre happy spending as much for a cable as a fancy DSP unit that actually has some actual benefits.

Iím not trying to be rude but this discussion is more about money than sense.
dgage is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to dgage For This Useful Post:
Blu (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 235 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, I'm absolutely amazed when I see this kind of stuff. $1500 cables?

Just... gobsmacked.

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019   #20

If you guys want you can send me your cables for break in. Wait that won't work. I'll come to you and after they are installed, I'll run my patented snake oil tones through them. Then I will retire.
Old 06-12-2019   #21

My boss showed me a $1500 dollar usb cable the other day. It was laying on his desk. We had a good laugh. The guy who ordered it wears hearing aids. That says it all.
Old 06-12-2019   #22

As far I tested the sound didn't change when moving,yeah switching source will,& I never said I own one,I just tested it , the last post was review added from Amazon,& the reviews are for just to share knowledge ,also I never said to buy it unless u have a very expensive system might give it a try...
Old 06-12-2019   #23
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 30 GreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enough

If you really want some good quality cables, just buy some custom-made blue jeans cable RCAs. They're reasonably priced for what you get.

Remember that these snake oil cable companies (AudioQuest, Monster, etc) practice astroturfing like crazy. Most of those reviews are probably fakes and those that aren't are probably from golden-ears who swear they can hear differences from a $1,500 power cord. Aka they've been duped.

Telco-rated coaxial cable has some of the best interference resistance of any cable and makes fantastic RCA's. This is not a surprise due to the billions of telco investment in developing the science of long-distance signal transmission. And that cable is not very expensive. You don't need expensive RCA cables. Just avoid total junk RCA cables that you get thrown in with a $15 wiring kit from walmart.

2017 Chevy Bolt EV - Work in Progress: SS D3004/6040-10 Beryllium tweeters, SS 12mu mids, SS 18wu midbasses, SS 32w/4878T00 13" Subwoofer, SS 10F/4424 / Wavecor tw013wa01 (rear doors), SB65 (rear fill). MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12 v2 DL, Arc Audio KS 300.2 v2, Arc Audio SKS300.6 Prototype, Arc Audio KS300.4 v2
GreatLaBroski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatLaBroski For This Useful Post:
Blu (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 955 Lanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond repute

Expense does not equal sound quality.

Hell, that was one of the founding principles of this very forum you chose to join here.

Npdang and a small group of folks sought a way to "DIY" rather than buy their way to achieve excellent SQ.

I think success in achieving a realistic goal of having excellent sound quality on a budget (whatever that budget is) requires folks to throw out the pseudoscience and vote with their wallet on what really works, and what gives the biggest improvement for the dollar spent. Or time spent!

When I see a $1500 cable, I expect it to be a massive run. Large, long cables make sense to me with high cost cables. Cables that run across a stage or support a multimedia display at the back or something. In the sizes we'd expect out of a home or more accurately for this forum, a car... I scoff at someone willing to pay that kind of price for a connection.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, MS-8, Massive N3, set of NX4's, Audiofrog GS690 and GS10, Wavecor center, Sundown SD3 10's
2018 WRX, Helix V Eight and G-One, AD W600, AP AR3 & AR20, AE AV10H-D2
Lanson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019   #25

Good points,that's why I only own audioquest Sydney cable which I got it around $100 ,I used it with both headphones(3.5mm terminal) & car audio(utopia ), for $100 it's pretty solid cable with unbeatable midbass & lows,for rcas i think stringer 9000 series is pretty good which I have used
Sponsored Links
Advertisement