Add amp to P six through speaker wires - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2019   #1

Rep Power: 49 Firefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enough

Default Add amp to P six through speaker wires

I have a Morel 3 way set up. It is being powered by a Helix P six mk2. I want to add more power to the midbass. I was thinking I would have to sell the p six and get separate amps. Now I’m wondering if I can take the signal from the midbass speaker wire and connect them to an amp like an arc xdi or Mosconi one that has rca to speaker wire adapters. I’m wondering if this would work to add more power to the midbass. So signal would go from p six outputs E &F to a separate amp to the midbass.
Firefighter9 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019   #2

Rep Power: 9 flgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enoughflgfish will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Add amp to P six through speaker wires

Are you using the pre-amp outputs for sub amps? You could use one of those.
flgfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019   #3

Rep Power: 49 Firefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enoughFirefighter9 will become famous soon enough

Yes those are connected to a mono amp

Old 05-12-2019   #4
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 16 tenx82 will become famous soon enoughtenx82 will become famous soon enoughtenx82 will become famous soon enoughtenx82 will become famous soon enoughtenx82 will become famous soon enoughtenx82 will become famous soon enough

Are you talking about sending an amplified signal from the P Six into another amp?
What speakers do you have exactly? What issue do you think more power is going to solve?
tenx82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019   #5

I was but I’m just going to get a Dayton dsp for the subs and bridge an amp for the elate ti woofers.
Old 05-12-2019   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 116 EmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enough

Do you have another set of pre-outs from your source? Maybe you can add a miniDSP2x4 to process your subs and use the P SIX MKII pre-outs to give your midbass more power.
EmptyKim is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019   #7

Going to run a set of RCAs from HU to a Dayton dsp for the subs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement