new amp? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2019   #1

Rep Power: 8 XSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enough

Talking new amp?

thinking about one of these for my 2 skar vd-10
I got the wiring and battery
want to replace the 2 jbl gtx 500
any opnions?

oops this
https://soundqubed.com/product/s1-1250/

10 psi boosted Tacoma// skar 6x8// tweeter unhooked skar tweeters //silk dome skar//live nex 5000 //Blaupunkt 1500.4 //skar vd-10 x2 // jbl gtx 500 x2 // 200 amp alt// 2 gauge big 3 //agm 24f // sound deadened

Last edited by XSVTOYZ; 05-10-2019 at 05:16 PM..
XSVTOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2019   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 369 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: new amp?

Thinking about one of what? You didn't mention what you want to replace the jbls with.
gijoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2019   #3

Rep Power: 8 XSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
Thinking about one of what? You didn't mention what you want to replace the jbls with.

thanks

https://soundqubed.com/product/s1-1250/

10 psi boosted Tacoma// skar 6x8// tweeter unhooked skar tweeters //silk dome skar//live nex 5000 //Blaupunkt 1500.4 //skar vd-10 x2 // jbl gtx 500 x2 // 200 amp alt// 2 gauge big 3 //agm 24f // sound deadened

Old 05-11-2019   #4

Well I bought this one
https://soundqubed.com/product/s1-2250/
more than I need
have to upgrade the woofers eventually

Old 05-15-2019   #5

I got some new wire for it // just waiting on fed ex

Old 05-21-2019   #6

well it didnt do what I was hoping// I called sound cubed and was told I didnt know what I am doing // wiring 2 d-4 subs parallel in each box and series out side would not result in 4ohm with 2 leads plugged in and plugging all 4 leads would not result in 1 ohm //
is my math flawed? If I series inside its 8ohm and I can only achieve 4 or 16
so parallel inside makes 2 so I can achieve 4 or 1

Old 05-21-2019   #7

I had heard good things about sound cubed so maybe its just my exp
I wrote this on my rma
This amp gets hot!!I //wired my 2 skar vd-10 d4 at 2 ohms (parallel) in each box// and then series outside the box 4 ohms// and this this gets major league hot! // I got agm battery 2 gauge marine grade 2 g wire both - and + // I got big3 plus a few I did earlier I never removed just added on 2 g //200 amp alt// I tried it at 4 ohm and its hot enough I got smoke from the vents let it cool and scratched my head didnt have any thump to it wired to 1 ohm tried again and tried to up my cross over it makes more sound the higher I bumped the cross over freq on the head unit started at 63 at 120 hz it started to work better but sounds like garbage and again enough heat to see the wisps again they seem like oil smoke as they dont smell acrid very little smoke but my work light makes em obvious
I have the low pass at full 200hz so my hu can do the work filtering and sub at 10hz // sealed I didnt really need the subsonic // gain is at half which I know is a bit high with 4v out of the hu// lci I kept in line for kicks
I wired it at 4ohm and at 1 it still gets hot
since I seemed to have confused your tech I have 2+ and 2- take one of each and put in outer + and outer - the cross the others and 4ohm
I took the other 2 that I crossed uncross and put in open + and open - and now its 1ohm
also I have 2jbl gtx 500 that make these 2skar woofers work well 2ohms each so wiring to the new amp is simple

Old 05-21-2019   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 369 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVTOYZ View Post
well it didnt do what I was hoping// I called sound cubed and was told I didnt know what I am doing // wiring 2 d-4 subs parallel in each box and series out side would not result in 4ohm with 2 leads plugged in and plugging all 4 leads would not result in 1 ohm //
is my math flawed? If I series inside its 8ohm and I can only achieve 4 or 16
so parallel inside makes 2 so I can achieve 4 or 1
Holy crap, your sentences are tough to read, especially when you substitute periods with slashes.

You should be able to achieve a final load of 4 ohms, which shouldn't be a challenge for that amp at all. Have you verified with a meter that you wired them correctly? Is the amp grounded properly? Do you have any photos of the setup that might be helpful?
gijoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to gijoe For This Useful Post:
SkizeR (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019   #9

Rep Power: 67 Gump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enoughGump_Runner will become famous soon enough

4 AWG
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-DKJ-10-....c100752.m1982
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quick-Fitti...id=p5731.m3795

1/0 AWG
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DKJ35-50-Qu...cAAOSwrIlas6Dv
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1set-DKJ35-...4AAOSwUxhbNtBd
Gump_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019   #10

what wrong with my 2gauge??
with the woofers I got I cant exceed 1500 watts rms so 2g should be more than adequate I hope

Old 05-22-2019   #11

Rep Power: 0 CTS@2.67ohms will become famous soon enoughCTS@2.67ohms will become famous soon enoughCTS@2.67ohms will become famous soon enoughCTS@2.67ohms will become famous soon enoughCTS@2.67ohms will become famous soon enoughCTS@2.67ohms will become famous soon enough

I have the Skar Audio LP 1000.1d on 2 skar audio VD 10's. It's sounds great and the amp pushes the heck outta those 10's..I was a little hesitant at first but once installed it I was amazed.. still sound great a year later..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
CTS@2.67ohms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2019   #12

ok well sound qubed got the amp and an input board was acting up creating distortion and heat full refund for now
thank you SQubed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement