Has anybody used the new Adire Audio Brahma - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2019   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 -Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough

Default Has anybody used the new Adire Audio Brahma

I see that they’ve made a comeback, has anyone tried them since their return? I’m thinking about the 10” for an upcoming build, wondering if they’re still the same quality and such.

Thanks
-Kyle- is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2019   #2

Rep Power: 57 pw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enough

I have 3 12s waiting to be installed. The new drivers are built based off the mkii files. The only difference is that due to magnet strength, it no longer needed 3 slugs so it now has 2. But these things are still monsters at 35 lbs each. Soft parts on them are supposed to be identical. You can always call them or message them on Facebook if you have questions. Andrew is very responsive and has always helped me out with any questions I’ve had. And Dan Wiggins is working with them behind the scenes. So I can only assume quality will remain the same. And they are built at their warehouse in California.
That being said, it will be another 2-3 months before I actually get to hear them.

2004 Honda S2000 - Pioneer DEH-80prs active; Audiofrog gb15/gb60/gb10d2; PG Ti21600.5
2000 Toyota 4Runner sr5 4x4 - in progress
pw91686 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019   #3

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 91 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Has anybody used the new Adire Audio Brahma

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw91686 View Post
I have 3 12s waiting to be installed. The new drivers are built based off the mkii files. The only difference is that due to magnet strength, it no longer needed 3 slugs so it now has 2. But these things are still monsters at 35 lbs each. Soft parts on them are supposed to be identical. You can always call them or message them on Facebook if you have questions. Andrew is very responsive and has always helped me out with any questions I’ve had. And Dan Wiggins is working with them behind the scenes. So I can only assume quality will remain the same. And they are built at their warehouse in California.

That being said, it will be another 2-3 months before I actually get to hear them.
What else have you heard sub wise?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Jscoyne2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019   #4

Rep Power: 34 SR500 will become famous soon enoughSR500 will become famous soon enoughSR500 will become famous soon enoughSR500 will become famous soon enoughSR500 will become famous soon enoughSR500 will become famous soon enough

it's cool to see the brahma back and looking the same as it looked nearly 20 years ago. that was when i really got into car audio. i have been mostly out of car audio for the last 10 or so years, and most of the companies i used to have equipment from are dead. i hope they do well. back around 2001 or so, every thread on caraudioforum recommended a shiva or a brahma (and a us acoustics amp).
SR500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SR500 For This Useful Post:
pw91686 (05-12-2019)
Old 05-12-2019   #5

Rep Power: 90 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough

Im going to pick mine up from adire in the morning. I cant wait
ToNasty is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ToNasty For This Useful Post:
pw91686 (05-12-2019)
Old 05-12-2019   #6

Rep Power: 57 pw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post

Like I said, I haven't installed the Brahma yet so I can't give any feedback on it. Years ago when they were very popular I always wanted one but never got around to getting one.
A few years back I pick up a used Adire koda 10 that was in mint condition, in a 1 cubic foot sealed enclosure. I used it in my camry for quite awhile.
Understand that I love SQ, but I love some bass as well.
I was running a pair of obsidian 12s ported before the koda.
As far as pure SQ, the koda was my favorite sub I've owned. And i have an audiofrog gb10d2 in my s2000. But that being said, its 2 different cars, and I have never done pure A/B comparisons between drivers. However I did test an infinity kappa perfect 10 in that same enclosure and the Koda destroyed it in output and sound quality. Not even close.
However, personally, I would want more output. A single 10 sealed is not enough bass for my liking (but is enough in an s2000). I had planned to put it in my s2000 before Adire contacted me about selling it to them because they were in need of one for testing. Somehow, engineering/design files for them had been lost. So I sent it off to them and ended up acquiring the gb10d2 for the install since i had the gb60 and gb15 to use for front stage.

So as for the brahma, i've always wanted one so I decided to pull the trigger on a few of them for my 4runner.

tonasty (brandon) was able to hear one a month or two back when he visited Adire one day, maybe he can comment on what he thought about it.

2004 Honda S2000 - Pioneer DEH-80prs active; Audiofrog gb15/gb60/gb10d2; PG Ti21600.5
2000 Toyota 4Runner sr5 4x4 - in progress
pw91686 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019   #7

Rep Power: 90 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post

The 2 best sealed subs ive ever heard were the mk1 brahma and the stereo integrity ds4. I have used the shivas awhile ago in my HT setup. Adire is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2019   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 -Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToNasty View Post
The 2 best sealed subs ive ever heard were the mk1 brahma and the stereo integrity ds4. I have used the shivas awhile ago in my HT setup. Adire is awesome.

I'm considering 2x Brahma's in .5cf each for my next set up, so I'm glad to hear this. haha
Old 05-13-2019   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kyle- View Post
I'm considering 2x Brahma's in .5cf each for my next set up, so I'm glad to hear this. haha
More space. .5 is a little small

Old 05-13-2019   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
More space. .5 is a little small

Should have been clearer, I'm looking at the 10s
Old 05-13-2019   #11

Quote:
Should have been clearer, I'm looking at the 10s
Right. Id go .6 per

Old 05-13-2019   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Right. Id go .6 per

Noted, thanks!
Old 05-13-2019   #13

Rep Power: 0 AdireAudio will become famous soon enoughAdireAudio will become famous soon enoughAdireAudio will become famous soon enoughAdireAudio will become famous soon enoughAdireAudio will become famous soon enoughAdireAudio will become famous soon enough

We have a 10" Brahma in one of our demo vehicles. Enclosure is sealed .5 (net volume). It is extremely musical and punchy. It will work extremely well in .5 as well as .6 or .7.
AdireAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdireAudio For This Useful Post:
-Kyle- (05-14-2019), pw91686 (05-13-2019)
Old 05-14-2019   #14

Quote:
Noted, thanks!
Just picked up my 12 about about an hour ago and got a demo of the adire mini cooper with 2 10s

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToNasty For This Useful Post:
-Kyle- (05-15-2019), pw91686 (05-14-2019)
Old 05-25-2019   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 160 jimmyjames16 will become famous soon enoughjimmyjames16 will become famous soon enoughjimmyjames16 will become famous soon enoughjimmyjames16 will become famous soon enoughjimmyjames16 will become famous soon enoughjimmyjames16 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdireAudio View Post
We have a 10" Brahma in one of our demo vehicles. Enclosure is sealed .5 (net volume). It is extremely musical and punchy. It will work extremely well in .5 as well as .6 or .7.
What is the minimum sealed net volume for a 12" Brahma?

DEH-80PRS / GENESIS SERIES III CLASS A MOD FOUR CHANNEL / INFINITY PERFECT 600 & 900 / JL HD750/1 / CDT QES-1220DVC
jimmyjames16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2019   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames16 View Post
What is the minimum sealed net volume for a 12" Brahma?
Pretty sure .7ish net

Old 05-31-2019   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 93 Barbecue will become famous soon enoughBarbecue will become famous soon enoughBarbecue will become famous soon enoughBarbecue will become famous soon enoughBarbecue will become famous soon enoughBarbecue will become famous soon enough

What's the max air space recommended for a 10" in a sealed box?
Barbecue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2019   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbecue View Post
What's the max air space recommended for a 10" in a sealed box?
.6 or so depending on power

Sponsored Links
Advertisement