Helix DSP DAC - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2019   #1

Rep Power: 0 Tallguy08 will become famous soon enoughTallguy08 will become famous soon enoughTallguy08 will become famous soon enoughTallguy08 will become famous soon enoughTallguy08 will become famous soon enoughTallguy08 will become famous soon enough

Default Helix DSP DAC

The Helix DSP has an option in the DCM tab ( under extended features) that suppose to change the sound by choosing sharp delayed, slow, etc. Can someone help me understand exactly what this feature does and how do I use it? I am currently using the aux input and the high level input.
Tallguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2019   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,235 Posts
Rep Power: 455 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Helix DSP DAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallguy08 View Post
The Helix DSP has an option in the DCM tab ( under extended features) that suppose to change the sound by choosing sharp delayed, slow, etc. Can someone help me understand exactly what this feature does and how do I use it? I am currently using the aux input and the high level input.
I havent really been able to hear enough difference that I could pick one or the other, so I leave it at default.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2019   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 96 nadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enough

changes the algorithm for converting from digital back to analog. the differences are very subtle.

how's it work? seems to change/control distortion. the dac described below uses the same line of akm dac chip with the same feature. someone measured them.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...ccif-imd.7436/

nadams5755 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nadams5755 For This Useful Post:
Bnlcmbcar (05-13-2019), SkizeR (05-12-2019)

Old 05-13-2019   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 212 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

This selection is pretty cryptic. I googled it and saw it seems to be something specific to some AKM DACís. When I finally get back up and running and get a tune on mine itís on my to-do list to try different settings on it and see what if any differences are perceptible. Maybe AKM or Audiotec-Fischer might be able to shed some light on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Fiio X5ii SPDIF, Phone USB HEC, Helix DSP Pro-2, Helix Director, JL XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10/GB25/GB60, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2019   #5

Rep Power: 0 Tallguy08 will become famous soon enoughTallguy08 will become famous soon enoughTallguy08 will become famous soon enoughTallguy08 will become famous soon enoughTallguy08 will become famous soon enoughTallguy08 will become famous soon enough

I email Audiotec but did not get a response as to how the feature works. I will try to reach out again. Thank you
Old 05-13-2019   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,235 Posts
Rep Power: 455 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

did you guys not see the post that Nick made?

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2019   #7

Your right! How did I miss that. Thanks nadams5755
Sponsored Links
Advertisement