ResoNix Sound Solutions Vehicle Deadening Database - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6 Days Ago   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,089 Posts
Rep Power: 440 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Default ResoNix Sound Solutions Vehicle Deadening Database

So, a few members chimed in on my other thread saying I should create a database of vehicles and how much deadening products they required like our old favorite supplier had. I agreed it was a good idea, but decided to step it up a notch. Every single car we do now at Apicella Auto Sound, regardless if it has a build log or not (we do a lot of cars that we don't do build logs on), will get a full catalog on every step that we take, along with every product and how much that we use. You can check it all out here..

https://resonixsoundsolutions.com/vehicle-database/

But since we can only do so many cars, I want to take it a step further.. I want to involve you guys, the community. I would love it if members of our hobbyist community documented the deadening process the same way we do and we could feature it on the Resonix website, with credit to whoever submitted it. Heres how it would work: You would use an easy to follow "template" so to say that takes you through the steps of deadening a car how we would, and take pictures Every. Step. Of the way. I want everything documented. Let's use this 2019 GMC Sierra that we deadened doors on just recently as an example..

https://resonixsoundsolutions.com/ve...ra-1500-doors/

Since we all mostly just deaden doors (and since its the most important area to deaden), lets use this template for doors. If you want to include trunks, rear decks, floors, roofs, etc.. message me and i will make you a template to follow along with a guide if you need help.

1. Year, make, and model vehicle
  2. What products you used, and how much was used of each
  3. Picture of the door with the door panel on (sorry, I missed this photo in the GMC one I posted)
  4. Picutre of the inner door skin as you see it when you first remove the door panel
  5. Picture of the inner door skin after you remove anything, like moisture barriers, speakers, etc
  6. Picture of the whole door after the outer door skin was treated
  7. Detailed shot of the outer door skin treated. Include as many as you would like to show what you did. CLD, butyl rope, other treatments, etc.
  8. Photo of the inner door skin after applying CLD to the covers from the previous photo, as well as the rest of the inner door skin (if you don't just use CLD to cover the holes)
  9. Photo of the inner door skin after CCF is applied. You can also include detailed shots of how you applied it as some doors require different methods to make it easier
  10. Photo of the back of the door panel as it sits when you remove it from the door
  11. Photo of the back of the door panel after anything such as fiber mat layers or accessories are removed (if applicable)
  12. Photo of the back of the door panel after treatment. I will make a second version that highlights all of the smaller, spot treated areas
  13. Photo of the door panel just before reinstallation, if anything was reinstalled (if applicable)
  14. Photo of the inner door skin just before door panel reinstallation, including foam rings (if applied)
  15. Any close-up details that were specific to your vehicle that you think others would benefit to know, PLEASE INCLUDE PHOTOS OF THOSE AS WELL.

From here, you can give me a few details about the install, especially if there's anything specific and/or out of the ordinary. I don't need the photos to be super professional. Photos from a modern smartphone will be fine, but anything that is missing to many photos will not be featured. Sorry.

Best part yet (and to help put some fire under your asses )... each part of your car that you contribute you will receive a $25 voucher to the site. Doors, $25. Full trunk, $25. Rear deck/pillars, $25. Etc..

So, whos up for contributing?

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
Chris12 (5 Days Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 33 locoface will become famous soon enoughlocoface will become famous soon enoughlocoface will become famous soon enoughlocoface will become famous soon enoughlocoface will become famous soon enoughlocoface will become famous soon enough

Default Re: ResoNix Sound Solutions Vehicle Deadening Database

I’m down once I do my roof and rear doors on the Mazda 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SQ Mazda 3 - Audiofrog GB10, GB25, GB60, GB12D2 - Mosconi Zero 3 - Arc Audio SE Amps - Helix DSP Pro Mk ii - FiiO X7 mk ii

2018 MECA California Street Install Champion
2018 MECA California Street SQL 2nd Place
locoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to locoface For This Useful Post:
SkizeR (6 Days Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 440 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

bumping this for the guys who arent up at 2am

Old 5 Days Ago   #4

Rep Power: 14 Chris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enoughChris12 will become famous soon enough

Pure genius.

I was looking through your website and thought of contacting you to allow use of my sound deadening installation pictures. But, having the community share themselves would be an excellent way to create a killer database.

Sounds like a true “win, win” situation. Thanks for setting up the framework!

The days are long, but the years are short.
Chris12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 5 Days Ago   #5

Rep Power: 54 jdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enough

I am down for my 2014 f150 crew cab. I will be taking pictures anyway so doesn't really bother me to send them to you. I plan on doing 25% coverage with CLD though, so not quite up to your percentage, but will be doing the entire truck in 25% CLD, 100% CCF, 100% MLV, and roof with ballistic SSQLT and 25% CLD.

2014 F150 Limited
Factory HU programmed for low level 4v outputs, Alpine PDR-V75, Active Tweeters: SI M25, Mids: SI TM65 mk3, Sub: JL TW3, Rears: SB17's, Helix DSP.2, Resonix CLD and CCF. 100% MLV
jdunk54nl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Fourth Gen. 2017+ Ford F-350 added. This one wasnt the best since it was already worked on by a previous shop and we didnt get many pics.

https://resonixsoundsolutions.com/ve...-rescue-doors/

Old 4 Days Ago   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

2009-2014 Acura TL front doors - stage 1 added

https://resonixsoundsolutions.com/ve...cura-tl-doors/

Old 4 Days Ago   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Tenth gen. 2018+ Honda Accord front doors, stage 1 added..

https://resonixsoundsolutions.com/ve...a-accord-door/

Old 4 Days Ago   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Fourth Gen. 2019+ GMC Sierra 1500/Chevy Silverado 1500 front doors, stage 2 added..

https://resonixsoundsolutions.com/ve...ra-1500-doors/

Old 4 Days Ago   #10

Rep Power: 80 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
2009-2014 Acura TL front doors - stage 1 added

https://resonixsoundsolutions.com/ve...cura-tl-doors/
Were you able to fix the beak while you were at it? Nice site. Good thing you made a habit of taking pictures.
dgage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #11
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Were you able to fix the beak while you were at it? Nice site. Good thing you made a habit of taking pictures.
Fix the beak?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Old 3 Days Ago   #12

Rep Power: 80 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
Fix the beak?
I have an older Acura TL and never could get over the beak/grille on the 2010 series of vehicles.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...rticle5582716/
dgage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Days Ago   #13
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
I have an older Acura TL and never could get over the beak/grille on the 2010 series of vehicles.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...rticle5582716/
Oh jeez, yeah that grill isnt so pretty lol

Old 3 Days Ago   #14
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 96 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

You want me to post up my already been done and posted on here vehicles? I don't need vouchers?

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Days Ago   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
You want me to post up my already been done and posted on here vehicles? I don't need vouchers?
Shoot me an email with all of the pics

Old 3 Days Ago   #16
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 96 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

The reason I asked like that was because it obviously wouldn't be your product.

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #17
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
The reason I asked like that was because it obviously wouldn't be your product.
That's fine. It's all about education.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement