But since we can only do so many cars, I want to take it a step further.. I want to involve you guys, the community. I would love it if members of our hobbyist community documented the deadening process the same way we do and we could feature it on the Resonix website, with credit to whoever submitted it. Heres how it would work: You would use an easy to follow "template" so to say that takes you through the steps of deadening a car how we would, and take pictures Every. Step. Of the way. I want everything documented. Let's use this 2019 GMC Sierra that we deadened doors on just recently as an example..
Since we all mostly just deaden doors (and since its the most important area to deaden), lets use this template for doors. If you want to include trunks, rear decks, floors, roofs, etc.. message me and i will make you a template to follow along with a guide if you need help.
- Year, make, and model vehicle
- What products you used, and how much was used of each
- Picture of the door with the door panel on (sorry, I missed this photo in the GMC one I posted)
- Picutre of the inner door skin as you see it when you first remove the door panel
- Picture of the inner door skin after you remove anything, like moisture barriers, speakers, etc
- Picture of the whole door after the outer door skin was treated
- Detailed shot of the outer door skin treated. Include as many as you would like to show what you did. CLD, butyl rope, other treatments, etc.
- Photo of the inner door skin after applying CLD to the covers from the previous photo, as well as the rest of the inner door skin (if you don't just use CLD to cover the holes)
- Photo of the inner door skin after CCF is applied. You can also include detailed shots of how you applied it as some doors require different methods to make it easier
- Photo of the back of the door panel as it sits when you remove it from the door
- Photo of the back of the door panel after anything such as fiber mat layers or accessories are removed (if applicable)
- Photo of the back of the door panel after treatment. I will make a second version that highlights all of the smaller, spot treated areas
- Photo of the door panel just before reinstallation, if anything was reinstalled (if applicable)
- Photo of the inner door skin just before door panel reinstallation, including foam rings (if applied)
- Any close-up details that were specific to your vehicle that you think others would benefit to know, PLEASE INCLUDE PHOTOS OF THOSE AS WELL.
From here, you can give me a few details about the install, especially if there's anything specific and/or out of the ordinary. I don't need the photos to be super professional. Photos from a modern smartphone will be fine, but anything that is missing to many photos will not be featured. Sorry.
Best part yet (and to help put some fire under your asses )... each part of your car that you contribute you will receive a $25 voucher to the site. Doors, $25. Full trunk, $25. Rear deck/pillars, $25. Etc..
So, whos up for contributing?