Is there any news of new Biketronics amplifiers? (6 channel?) - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1

Rep Power: 36 theobjectivist will become famous soon enoughtheobjectivist will become famous soon enoughtheobjectivist will become famous soon enoughtheobjectivist will become famous soon enoughtheobjectivist will become famous soon enoughtheobjectivist will become famous soon enough

Default Is there any news of new Biketronics amplifiers? (6 channel?)

Hi all - im interested in small footprint, premium, high efficiency amplifiers.

I could have sworn I saw posts indicating theyre coming out with something new and designed for full range use and maybe even in 6 channel.

Does anyone have links to more info on coming products?
theobjectivist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 41 Bnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Is there any news of new Biketronics amplifiers? (6 channel?)

They can remove stock filter (45hz) on any of their existing amps for full range. They will be releasing ‘car specific’ amps sometime in the future. I’m hoping this year but no promises.

You’ll have to hit them up for a 6 channel. Calling is probably best. It’s not on the website yet but I believe he can make them to order.

Not sure on pricing for the BT6180
But Last he told me (August of 2018) it’s 6 x 180 watts in a footprint of: 8-3/16”w X 7”d X 1.75”h (depth not including power connector.) Attached is a pic of the prototype.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4757B277-5628-482F-A119-0944EFAC2DEE.jpeg (220.3 KB, 57 views)
Bnlcmbcar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3

Rep Power: 36 theobjectivist will become famous soon enoughtheobjectivist will become famous soon enoughtheobjectivist will become famous soon enoughtheobjectivist will become famous soon enoughtheobjectivist will become famous soon enoughtheobjectivist will become famous soon enough

Hmm - that looks fantastic. Appreciate the info

The size is (imo) how amps should be sized.
Im seeing individual gains and active cooling? Weird how small the output leads are for 180 per channel

If it's special order, it may be an expensive pill to swallow though. Ill contact them to get a price.

I need equipment for a summer build so Im fearing their new stuff wont be avail in time. Pity since this hypex stuff shows so much promise. After the zapco DSP delays, im gun shy for anything thats not explicitly slated for a release date

Seems Mmats 6150 is the only small footprint alternative in regards to noise/resolution thats avail now?

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 41 Bnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enoughBnlcmbcar will become famous soon enough

Active cooling on all current models.

No gain (but input voltage can be set to your desire when ordering) on BT2180, BT2250, BT4180

Individual channel gain pots for BT4250 (or no gain pot stage upon request).

Gain pots for channel pairs on BT6180

The speaker output connectors can fit 14awg. Bare wire works but is tedious. The terminals are specifically designed to use Deutsch Novello connectors. Makes things a lot easier. They push in and ‘clip’ in very secure.

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Novello-Conne.../dp/B000WPF9W2

Gold:
https://www.electricalhub.com/deutsc...UaAhBaEALw_wcB

Or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50x-Deutsch...d-3ade3712bbf9
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8EF55AD0-F46F-4918-8AD0-060EE9AD1153.jpg (2.22 MB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg F2A0B95B-EDA3-4FD4-BF96-AE621984C0A2.jpg (1.32 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 6D8E19C8-A33D-4204-82B4-1A83532BF895.jpg (959.3 KB, 9 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Bnlcmbcar For This Useful Post:
dcfis (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5

I heard back from biketronics. They confirmed the 6chan exists but couldnt give a price or that it's even for sale. She said she'd add my contact info into mikes car amplifier file, and that the company is busy due to motorcycle season. Im assuming that means hes maintaining a pool of interest and that (as mentioned in the forum) hes working on something new.

What a shame. These devices look perfect for what I need. (rumors of Ncore models stoke the fire even more even if just a long shot) I just dont think I can wait on yet another speculative piece of kit.

I guess the mmats 6150 is truly the only avail 6ch, class D with proven sound cred
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobjectivist View Post
I guess the mmats 6150 is truly the only avail 6ch, class D with proven sound cred
MMATS is a solid choice!

JL XDv2 800/8 or VX800/8i also make a good class D 6 channel option @ (2x150, 2x75, 2x75).
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7

Rep Power: 76 jimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I've had my MMATS amps for a couple years now, and i can confirm that they are a solid choice. I couldn't be happier.

Actually, 2 or 3 builds ago, I was running Focal FDP amps. They were nice too (built by Zed).
They only issue I had with them, was the speaker terminal bolts stripped easily.
They also didn't seem to have the same oomph that the MMATS has (despite having the same ratings).
https://www.focal-america.com/product/fdp6900/

jimmydee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8

Rep Power: 6 ajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnlcmbcar View Post
The speaker output connectors can fit 14awg. Bare wire works but is tedious. The terminals are specifically designed to use Deutsch Novello connectors. Makes things a lot easier. They push in and ‘clip’ in very secure.

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Novello-Conne.../dp/B000WPF9W2

Gold:
https://www.electricalhub.com/deutsc...UaAhBaEALw_wcB

Or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50x-Deutsch...d-3ade3712bbf9
What crimp tool are you using for those connectors? I wonder if a regular ferrule crimp tool would work, just not sure if it'd be too wide for them.
ajt976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajt976 View Post
What crimp tool are you using for those connectors? I wonder if a regular ferrule crimp tool would work, just not sure if it'd be too wide for them.
I used this one from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0085..._t2_B01N3P2S17

Not sure on the terminology but it’s more of a piercing and compression crimp rather than a purely compression crimp offered by a ferrule crimp tool. Ferrule tool crimps by compressing down on 4 sides into a a square shape. Since the speaker wire doesn’t pass all the way through the connector as in a Ferrule, the Deutsch Novello Crimp has 4 ‘teeth’ that compress in on all 4 side to really grab the speaker wire.

You could always give it a try with a ferrule crimper first and resort to buying the specific crimp tool after if you feel it’s not secure with the ferrule crimper.

I’m out of town but when I get back in next week, I can post pics of the differences.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bnlcmbcar For This Useful Post:
ajt976 (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

Just spoke some more with Mike. Still no hints of a date but there will be at least a 2 channel NCore offering at 2 x 500 watts. Whole new front end design with a noise floor barely detectible by their Audio Precision Analyzer. It will be ultra high end with a price tag in the $1200-$2000 range. Then they are working on some higher wattage UCD based amps for subwoofer duty.

Also confirmed from Mike, *Specifically for the BT4250* it can be bridged in series or parallel for 2 ohm or 8 ohm operation with both ways outputting 500 watts.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11

Quote:
Just spoke some more with Mike. Still no hints of a date but there will be at least a 2 channel NCore offering at 2 x 500 watts. Whole new front end design with a noise floor barely detectible by their Audio Precision Analyzer. It will be ultra high end with a price tag in the $1200-$2000 range. Then they are working on some higher wattage UCD based amps for subwoofer duty.

Also confirmed from Mike, *Specifically for the BT4250* it can be bridged in series or parallel for 2 ohm or 8 ohm operation with both ways outputting 500 watts.
Wow at that price for a 2 channel. Sure hope they can move enough units to make it worth the hassle. Didnt sounddigital offer actual GaN FET amps for less?

Now an 8-10 channel for ~1200-1500, or a 6ch for 1000-1200...sign me up.

I def respect the company and an stoked for whatever they come up with though. They seem to be on the leading edge of the amp game
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 52 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Agree

Quote:
Wow at that price for a 2 channel. Sure hope they can move enough units to make it worth the hassle. Didnt sounddigital offer actual GaN FET amps for less?

I def respect the company and an stoked for whatever they come up with though. They seem to be on the leading edge of the amp game
dcfis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13

Rep Power: 0 Dasyce will become famous soon enoughDasyce will become famous soon enoughDasyce will become famous soon enoughDasyce will become famous soon enoughDasyce will become famous soon enoughDasyce will become famous soon enough

X2, 8 channel with 150w/pc with a bridgeable sub channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfis View Post
Agree

Quote:

Dasyce is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14
Upgrade Your Membership!

Quote:
Yea it’s steep. But the reality is that the prices of their amps are usually not much more than the components they are comprised of. 500 watt NCore modules are roughly $500 a piece. Then throw in custom power supply, front end, development, lifetime warranty...

It will probably be just like SounDigital limited run GaN FET amps with them only producing so many units.

Multi channel NCore amps are expensive in home audio. Nothing is gonna make them much cheaper for car audio.

Quote:
If your serious about the BT6180 with UCD, tell them your serious and want to buy it ASAP. I’m pretty sure it’s falls within your price range or less. If you only tell them your curious or interested.. they have other priorities with it being biking season.

Quote:
Not sure on the terminology but it’s more of a piercing and compression crimp rather than a purely compression crimp offered by a ferrule crimp tool. Ferrule tool crimps by compressing down on 4 sides into a a square shape. Since the speaker wire doesn’t pass all the way through the connector as in a Ferrule, the Deutsch Novello Crimp has 4 ‘teeth’ that compress in on all 4 side to really grab the speaker wire.
Attached some pics comparing crimp tools and the crimps (top crimp is Novello).
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15

Rep Power: 6 ajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Attached some pics comparing crimp tools and the crimps (top crimp is Novello).
Awesome, very helpful, thank you for the comparison.
ajt976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement