SI TM65v3's - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1

Rep Power: 40 JH1973 will become famous soon enoughJH1973 will become famous soon enoughJH1973 will become famous soon enoughJH1973 will become famous soon enoughJH1973 will become famous soon enoughJH1973 will become famous soon enough

Default SI TM65v3's

Anybody that has these in a 2-way front? How do they sound and did you have the v2's before these to compare?

I have the v2's in my Sentra two way front paired with CDT TW26's and absolutely love how it sounds.The width and depth of my stage is just fantastic.

The reason I'm asking about them is that the Terrain I did a 2-way front in has SB17's paired with Seas textile domes and although it sounds good it doesn't sound as good as my Sentra.Both vehicles are fully active with the Sentra having a MiniDSP 6x8 and the Terrain having a Zapco Z8IV. Just kinda wondering out loud and looking for feedback as to whether maybe I should try some new front drivers?

"Rumors of Bob but never Bob.........So what is it you tell people you do these days Bob?"
JH1973 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 129 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Default Re: SI TM65v3's

While playing above 3khz for a 6.5" driver is nice, and allows using tweeters not being able to play below 3khz, the stage tends to benefit more with a tweeter or wide band driver that can play at 2khz or lower.

I listen to the V2 often and they are good drivers, other than a bit of extra power handling and sensitivity with the V3, I would not know what to say other than if you need a good and shallow driver, by all means you should enjoy it.
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3

Rep Power: 56 pw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enoughpw91686 will become famous soon enough

i have a brand new set of the tm65 mkii and tm65 mkiii and i'm debating on which ones I should use for 3-way setup. I'm somewhat leading toward the mkii for strictly midbass. obviously the tm65 mkiii is an easy choice for a 2 way since it plays higher and the mkii has nasty cone breakup starting around 1k.
and i know the mkiii have higher sensitivity, but at what frequency is this tested at? if it is at 1k hz then that wouldn't matter in this situation. if its at 100hz then that would matter...
maybe someone else can share their thoughts...
thanks.

2004 Honda S2000 - Pioneer DEH-80prs active; Audiofrog gb15/gb60/gb10d2; PG Ti21600.5
2000 Toyota 4Runner sr5 4x4 - in progress

Last edited by pw91686; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:45 AM..
pw91686 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4

Rep Power: 28 compuwiz1937 will become famous soon enoughcompuwiz1937 will become famous soon enoughcompuwiz1937 will become famous soon enoughcompuwiz1937 will become famous soon enoughcompuwiz1937 will become famous soon enoughcompuwiz1937 will become famous soon enough

Everything I've read said the MKII was much better in a three-way setup. I had them in my truck with the M25 tweeter crossed at 2500 Hz and it sounded pretty good even with just the REW AutoEQ tune. I swapped them out for the MKIII and tried my first manual tune and it sounded a lot better (still crossed at 2500Hz) but I've only driven it once and the tune does need some fine tuning. I do think the III's sounded a little bit louder when I tested it briefly after installing them before retuning. I'm certainly happy with them especially considering how reasonably priced they are. I'm using a GB60/GB15 setup in my car that is still only on the AutoEQ tune. I've got a set of GB25's sitting here and I'm going to try and pick up a set of GB10's to go with them but I'm not sure which vehicle is getting them yet. If I put it in the car, I'll be moving the GB15's to the truck.
compuwiz1937 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5

Rep Power: 30 disconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enoughdisconnected will become famous soon enough

I have been considering upgrading my MK2 to MKIII. Let me know what you find out.

Corvette: Alpine ILX-207, Helix DSP.2, Mosconi AS 100.4, Audiofrog GB10, Stereo Integrity TM65mkii, SDS CLD Tiles, CCF, MLV, no subs.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6

Rep Power: 39 ManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enough

If used in a 3way, I would stick with the mk11s as they will play much lower. According to Nick
ManBearPig is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 107 seafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura about

On EDIT-- never mind.

"THE BASS OF THE PEOPLE IS THE GOD OF GOD"
seafish is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8

Rep Power: 39 ManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafish View Post
On EDIT-- never mind.
Tm65 mk111 impressions thread, under member reviews. About the 8th post from the bottom, Nick goes into more detail between the 2 drivers.
ManBearPig is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 129 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Well either version or any decent brand speaker is good for a 3 way since a good 6.5" driver has no issues playing from 80 to 1000 Hz leaving plenty of for a 2.5-4" driver to play without stress.
Previous staments that the V2 could play up to 3000hz without stress were just innacurate, 2khz to 2.5 kHz was the range, that sets it in the group of good 6.5" drivers. A tweeter that can play at 2khz without issues is best option to have a better stage.

If a 6.5" driver driver plays very high, it better be placed high enough to be able to hear the 3k-5khz range otherswise it may just be bouncing on the people's legs.
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement