Lack of 2006-2010 4th Gen Ford Explorer Builds (and all other Explorers) - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 155 BlueSQ will become famous soon enoughBlueSQ will become famous soon enoughBlueSQ will become famous soon enoughBlueSQ will become famous soon enoughBlueSQ will become famous soon enoughBlueSQ will become famous soon enough

Default Lack of 2006-2010 4th Gen Ford Explorer Builds (and all other Explorers)

Not just in this forum but across the internet I see a complete lack of info regarding upgrading the audio system in the 4th gen Ford Explorer (2006-2010). There's no pre-fabs, articles, competition wins, etc. The Sport Trac has some traction but the normal Explorer just has no info. A forum search for "Ford Explorer" only comes up with 7 pages of results and of those very few are Explorer specific, regardless of the model year. For such a popular car this seems odd, is there a particular reason for this that I'm not seeing?
BlueSQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 57 Aldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Lack of 2006-2010 4th Gen Ford Explorer Builds (and all other Explorers)

Perhaps you have already seen this, but I found this build log.

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ric-build.html

Also, I would assume it's not that people aren't doing installs in this car; I would think it's because they either got carried away and forgot to take pictures or they just didn't care to make a build log. I'm guilty of the former
Aldaa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 57 Aldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enoughAldaa will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Lack of 2006-2010 4th Gen Ford Explorer Builds (and all other Explorers)

Another reason could be people leasing/trading in or buying/selling to get another vehicle.
Aldaa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 158 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

Found exactly the same when we had that generation Explorer, there's barely even information out there about changing speakers, much less anything more in depth.

Have you looked over at Explorer forums.com ? There's a few bits of information over there, not a lot though. I replaced the front speakers in mine and had installed tweeters at the top of the door cards, swapped out the factory sub as well, but nothing other than that. Sold it now though, although in some ways I wish I still had it.

Some old luggage

naiku is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement