Quick Disconnects for car Audio - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2019   #26

Rep Power: 20 Hohn.Ian will become famous soon enoughHohn.Ian will become famous soon enoughHohn.Ian will become famous soon enoughHohn.Ian will become famous soon enoughHohn.Ian will become famous soon enoughHohn.Ian will become famous soon enough

The specifics of my situation are vast, even aside from having just moved to a new city. Selling what I amassed during better times has already occurred, as vehicle specific audio equipment isn’t much needed when the vehicle in question no longer runs. That, also, was mentioned in my original post.

I typed all that for a reason.... hoping to narrow the confines of the query, and avoid a lot of senseless chatter that wouldn’t be feasible anyway. The question, as stated, was whether or not a 220v household outlet, while being rated for 20amps (equivalent to 4400watts)....would safely carry 12v at a maximum of perhaps 2400watts.

As for working.... you don’t know my schedule. My field of work. My history. And most certainly are not qualified, nor invited, to give unsolicited advice on life.....especially after I’ve seen the electrical advice I’ve seen already given.

Further research, and a few phones calls for assurance, informs me that I WAS correct. I should have no problems, whatsoever, as long as I stay within the limits I outlined.

If we all could afford to not Macgyver something every so often, there would be no need for this forum....we’d all just have a pro do it. So, that being said, these types of questions and their unique solutions should (theoretically) be encouraged, and shooting down an idea in favor of an expensive part the person obviously can’t afford is contrary to everything his site stands for.

But hey, several of you should check out Sonic Electronix. I hear they’re hiring reps. You’d be shoe-ins!

Now ‘scuse me....I must go -ironically- to work.
Hohn.Ian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2019   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 369 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Quick Disconnects for car Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohn.Ian View Post
The question, as stated, was whether or not a 220v household outlet, while being rated for 20amps (equivalent to 4400watts)....would safely carry 12v at a maximum of perhaps 2400watts.
If what you intend to use is rated at 20amps, then no it won't work, not on the power cables at least. You can use it for speaker wires, but you cannot use it on your main power.

As I mentioned before, you can determine your limits with the formula P=IV, where P is power (watts), I is current (amps), and V is your voltage (volts). If we make I=20 amps, which is the maximum your receptacles are rated for, and we choose a realistic automotive voltage from the battery V= 12 to 14 volts.

P(w)=20(I)x12(V) 240 watts
P(w)=20(I)x14(V) 280 watts

So, 280 watts is the MAXIMUM you can run through them. That means you cannot use it on your power wire.
gijoe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019   #28

Rep Power: 20 Hohn.Ian will become famous soon enoughHohn.Ian will become famous soon enoughHohn.Ian will become famous soon enoughHohn.Ian will become famous soon enoughHohn.Ian will become famous soon enoughHohn.Ian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohn.Ian View Post
The question, as stated, was whether or not a 220v household outlet, while being rated for 20amps (equivalent to 4400watts)....would safely carry 12v at a maximum of perhaps 2400watts.

If what you intend to use is rated at 20amps, then no it won't work, not on the power cables at least. You can use it for speaker wires, but you cannot use it on your main power.

As I mentioned before, you can determine your limits with the formula P=IV, where P is power (watts), I is current (amps), and V is your voltage (volts). If we make I=20 amps, which is the maximum your receptacles are rated for, and we choose a realistic automotive voltage from the battery V= 12 to 14 volts.

P(w)=20(I)x12(V) 240 watts
P(w)=20(I)x14(V) 280 watts

So, 280 watts is the MAXIMUM you can run through them. That means you cannot use it on your power wire.
That’s where we were unsure. Whether or not the rating was established to safeguard he wire, or the materials in the socket/plug.these units use rubber terminals to secure your wires, followed by a cover. We’re not using household wire though, it’s car audio wire rated appropriately (courtesy of our local audio store dumpster 0AWGx30’, 2AWGx45’, random lengths of 4 & 😎. These housing are tougher than anything I’ve ever seen in a car....

The goal was ultimately a flush mounted socket containing our positive. And a cord on the enclosure. The 220’s are great as they twist-lock. And multiples could be used, not to mention you’ve got several terminals to use for power within each one, without ground and neutral. Oh, and I’ve got 404 watts per connection. But I don’t recall if I I just tossed the calculator 12v or the usual 13.8.

Thoughts?

Old 05-22-2019   #29

Rep Power: 0 audioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enoughaudioman0115 will become famous soon enough

I think I smell something melting

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
audioman0115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019   #30

Rep Power: 82 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

I wish I could say it was a pleasure but I'd be lying. Hope you don't burn up your car. At least you're using the locking connectors but a 220V/20A connector is usually used with 12/10 gauge wire. I don't know which connector you have but I looked up one I've used before, the Leviton 2311 and it shows the maximum wire size it handles is 10 gauge. Definitely not enough for the power you're wanting to move.

https://www.leviton.com/en/products/2311

So sorry we've given you such horrible electrical advice but it seems like it is just you wanting us to validate an ignorant idea. Like I said, I hope you don't burn up your car.
dgage is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019   #31

Rep Power: 54 brewmastr will become famous soon enoughbrewmastr will become famous soon enoughbrewmastr will become famous soon enoughbrewmastr will become famous soon enoughbrewmastr will become famous soon enoughbrewmastr will become famous soon enough

This makes my head hurt...... an amp is a measurement for electrical current. IT DOES NOT MATTER THE VOLTAGE. An amp is an amp. Voltage is just the force at which that energy moves. So if you have more Voltage you need less amps (current) to achieve the same result.... So regardless of any of your backwards thinking a 20A receptacle can only handle 20A no matter the voltage. If you got some educational background to back your THEORY up id love to hear it, because I know that what I and the others in this thread state is fact. And yes I have a education and professional background to back all of this up. Don't burn your car down.
brewmastr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2019   #32
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 955 Lanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond repute

Why would anyone help you, with the attitude you carry?

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, MS-8, Massive N3, set of NX4's, Audiofrog GS690 and GS10, Wavecor center, Sundown SD3 10's
2018 WRX, Helix V Eight and G-One, AD W600, AP AR3 & AR20, AE AV10H-D2
Lanson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanson For This Useful Post:
17Challenger (05-29-2019), jdunk54nl (05-23-2019), Lstruck (06-05-2019)
Old 05-27-2019   #33

What can I say? Helped people all my life, and when I needed it, was all alone. Such is our world. Now? I still help people, but have a low tolerance for stupidity, because it’s never the person making the dumb decision that has to pay the price, it’s me. Take it from a guy who just did 15 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit.

they thought I’d broken into a series of homes, 800 miles away from where I lived, 7 years before the arrest, when I’d been 14 and in middle school. But it wasn’t till I was months away from graduating Virginia Tech With honors to arrest me (gave fingerprints in a security clearance application to NASA). APARENTLY the perp had left a single partial, and my left ring finger was “similar”. 500+ hours of community service to my name, and do you think anyone showed up to speak for me? Family, friends, fiancé? No sir. Hell, the fiance was pregnant before I even made it to trial.

By the time some jerkoff from Montgomery was picked up for DUI and fingerprinted, my small family was dead and gone. Friends, who knows. Inheritance confiscated by the state. And tossed out on the street without so much as a “our bad” to start life with a worthlessly outdated education in a field that would never hire me, no experience in life as an adult, and the clothes on my back.

Hard work, and going without got me to this point in two years, but at every turn some moron does something stupid. Whether it’s the mechanics that were paid to work on my car, landlords renting me apartments with $300+/mon water bills (leak), or employers who can’t seem to make payroll and skip town. Sometimes “my bad” doesn’t cut it, and spending weeks trying to get a seemingly simple question answered makes it useless.

So after these idiots here in Alabama have ruined everything I’ve built....again.... I’m working my ass off to try and stay afloat without a safety net, or anyone to ask for advice. My SINGLE distraction, source of self fulfillment, and thing that I can look forward to is maybe one day conpleteing this audio system. Using my antiquated skills the system tried to beat out of me, to make something I can finally finish and be proud of without someone else wiping it out and making it all for nothing. Again.

So... I had an idea to use the 220s to make my enclosure removeAble while still looking integrated. A necessary feature, as I can’t leave it inside if the car has togo somewhere to be worked on.hell, they already destroyed one system I’d barely installed for testing. I can’t trust them with a second. Inquires to many sources said it was possible, and I did my best inmy spare time to research the math I’d need. But.... this is Alabama....where Chris Columbus still discovered America, and mathematics is still called “cypherin’”.... so I came here.

I described my issue fully,and explained my need for such a connection, but that I’m essentially broke....and double checking that I was on firm ground. Instead of a thumbs up or down, along with maybe the science behind it (except one guy,and thank you) I got links to places I could spend some money....and no reasoning at all except that they’re not made for the purpose. Well GOOD, because that’s why diy is all about! Just because graphite pencils aren’t made to be used as cigarette lighters,doesn’t mean I didn’t do it for years in the joint for lack of an alternative. And Just because 220v outlets aren’t sold under the title of car idiots doesn’t mean they can be used for it....unless you prove it to me. Or give me a better option, other than ones you already know aren’t available.

If I’ve offended your feelings, what can I say? This isn’t little league where everybody -no matter how worthless- gets a trophy. And if my attitude sucks, it only became so after spending days having to (metaphorically) show a kid how to put a round peg in a round hole and he’s still not getting it....then you about scream in frustration and the kid starts crying. Or tells me to “get a job”....
(I have 3 jobs. Though you’d think after 15 years of 60+ hours a week without spending anything on myself, I wouldn’t need to. But hey, that’s my gift to you! Next time you see those boys on the roadside in stripes, consider what your life would be like if they weren’t maintaining the infrastructure you take for granted)

To the last guy, I don’t expect people to help me once I finally get pissed off. I expect them to pretend they don’t hear me, then when I fail for lack of it, to step on my head. I, In fact, I signed up here because I saw a question one day that I knew the answer to and wanted to help. Very few times have I asked for help myself, and not once gotten an answer.

If you want me to pat you on the back because you didn’t have a reasonable answer that met the criteria, or could reason the answer you did have....best I can tell ya is the same thing they told me. Nothing. Best I can give you is what they gave me for 15 years and everything is worked for and loved. Nothing.

I’m just glad that, if nothing else, you and people who represent you aren’t forcing me at gunpoint to shovel your roads anymore for free on a starvation diet by day, and fighting off gangs of homosexual African-Americans by night with a knife made from a toothbrush while the guards laugh. No sir, I don’t expect a thing, except to pay for other people’s screw ups. And if I seem bitter...we’ll, I’ve had plenty of time to become that way. I am literally a product of my environment, and what the people of this country wanted me to be. I’m what every vote you cast in favor of tougher punishments creates. Don’t you dare look down on me, because I haven’t the thousands to blow onaudio equipment, because everything that was mine was taken, and given to YOU in the form of tax breaks and road repair. I CAME here thinking this forum would encourage do it yourselfers.... but I see now you’re just as spoiled and elitist as anyone else. DIY, Maybe...but only if you’ve got a $300 drill, and parts ordered with a credit card ( I wouldn’t even know HOW to get one) from Asia, tutorials shared over cigars, and platitudes when you give a dumbass answer. Not from me. And best believe, when I’m finally sick of trying to make it out here with someone around every corner ready to steal or ruin what I’m working for, you better not be nearby. Society has pissed me off to the point im taking as many with me as I can. If a car audio system is all I’ve got to look forward to everyday... that’s a mighty tedious reason to not opt for payback. I suggest you all be very thankful for what you have, and the people who love you.... because it could all be gone tomorrow, and you might just have a lifetime in a dark room surrounded by screaming people and rap music to think about all you lost. (Though, I imagine, not as a virgin.... which let me tell ya, after hearing “wait till we’re married since 9th grade” only to end up in a cell instead... can fuck with you after a while)And indeed, maybe a bad attitude about it.

Sorry, would have responded sooner, but my new cell phone service with Verizon got cut off. APARENTLY their coverage map lied. “Excellent” really meant “zero”, and I was paying $145 month to buffer endlessly. I’ve stuck a usb wifi adapter old a dishnetwork dish on the roof and am picking up wifi from macdonalds 3 miles away to post this. Amazing it works since I didn’t buy it.... huh?
Old 05-27-2019   #34
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 52 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolathe View Post
I put Neutrik Speakon connectors on my subwoofer boxes in my truck. I unplug the boxes and take them out when my dog is riding along or I need the space for cargo. They work great.
And an Anderson plug for the power?
Holmz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2019   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 235 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... I was gonna pitch in, but just... wow.

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2019   #36
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 148 AVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enoughAVIDEDTR will become famous soon enough

For Speakers I use XT-60, these are bullet proof.

For connections behind my radio, I always use Anderson Connectors

you can gang an many as you can fit. Make it for easy install and removal

In the engine I just these

2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition - FiiO M11 & OEM Radio - Arc Audio PS8-50 & X2 1100.1 - Arc Audio RS 1.0 3.0 6.0 - AudioFrog GB10D2x2
2013 Dodge Avenger - Clarion NX706 - Arc Audio PS8PRO - TruTechnology Tungsten T2 T4 TG2 - Audio Frog GB10 GB40 GB60 GB10D2
AVIDEDTR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2019   #37

Rep Power: 40 Mahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enough

If any of that is True I'm really sorry man. Your not alone. I've had to start my life over 3 times. Cancer. Although I have had help. Life Can be tough. I think if you didn't snap at us we'd been a little nicer. I think you need to drop the everybody is out to get me though cause they/we aren't. Your luck can change. Maybe get the F out of Alabama. Try and find some positive in anything. Got church or find a support group to help you out. Again. If any of that is true I'm sorry.
Mahapederdon is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2019   #38

Rep Power: 32 SlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enough

I think you need to realize that the people here are trying to help you by ensuring your investments are smart and worthwhile. We all like to cut corners here and there, but if there is a potential fire risk then it's not worth it. It's especially not worth it if money is tight. Mobile audio is 100% a hobby and non-essential part of life and should not be causing finances in other essential parts of life to be strained.

2014 Honda Accord LX - JL Audio C2-650, Kicker CSC674, Helix DSP Pro MK1, Pioneer GM-D8604, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D
SlvrDragon50 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2019   #39

Rep Power: 82 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

I agree. When we knew your option wasn’t viable, we tried to give some options. Would you rather us just say no to your idea and not add anything else? That isn’t very helpful.

Use this calculator for yourself if you need further proof on what we have been telling you.
https://www.supercircuits.com/resour...amps-converter

240 volts at 20 amps is 4,800 watts.
120 volts at 20 amps is 2,400 watts.
12 volts at 20 amps is 240 watts as was previously mentioned.

At this point you have enough options to figure out if one of these options is viable. The only one I’d add is the humble nut and bolt with some lock washers. You’d want to protect it from touching metal by using rubber to separate it from the chassis.

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Im...ar_connections

I truly hope you can one day find peace so you can move forward with your life.
dgage is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2019   #40
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 52 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough

If we leave the emotions out, then the is what the OP sort needs.
(Arguably the speakon are better than the yellow jobs, but maybe not for a subwoofer.)

QUOTE=AVIDEDTR;5705891]For Speakers I use XT-60, these are bullet proof.

[/QUOTE]
Old 05-27-2019   #41
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmastr View Post
This makes my head hurt......
If you got some educational background to back your THEORY up id love to hear it, because I know that what I and the others in this thread state is fact. And yes I have a education and professional background to back all of this up. Don't burn your car down.
It is sort of common these days to play down education and knowledge. Almost everyone has an alternative fact, conspiracy theory, or heartfelt gut instinct, which all them to believe in their version of reality.

There is a growing backlash against intellect.
Old 05-27-2019   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 113 diy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enough

Usually for power connectivity, people turn to Molex or TE/Tyco. Example range of connector family is at https://www.digikey.com/en/product-h...wer-connectors
The Mini-fit is commonly used for electronics and computers. A bunch (8 or 10 lines) of them in parallel can support a lot of current. The last 3 on that page (higher current capacity) are less common but we won't need so many in parallel.

diy.phil
diy.phil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2019   #43

Rep Power: 40 Mahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enough

Let's restore the OPS faith in humanity. I'm in for $10 towards what he needs. I thought about just ordering him something but wasn't sure if he would take it.
Old 05-28-2019   #44
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahapederdon View Post
Let's restore the OPS faith in humanity.
That is very kind of you.

Others have given their time and sage advice, so it seems like the OP can keep the faith.
Old 05-28-2019   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 189 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Let's restore the OPS faith in humanity. I'm in for $10 towards what he needs. I thought about just ordering him something but wasn't sure if he would take it.
Go for it if it makes you feel better, but i for one have no desire to reward rude behavior.

2018 Crosstrek
Helix P SIX Mk2-AF Gs690 GB15-SI RM12- Zapco Z-2kd
miniSQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to miniSQ For This Useful Post:
17Challenger (05-29-2019)
Old 05-28-2019   #46
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
Go for it if it makes you feel better, but i for one have no desire to reward rude behavior.
Plus funding a 220v plug is sort of accepting some responsibility for the outcome...
Old 05-28-2019   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 303 LBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
If we leave the emotions out, then the is what the OP sort needs.
(Arguably the speakon are better than the yellow jobs, but maybe not for a subwoofer.)

QUOTE=AVIDEDTR;5705891]For Speakers I use XT-60, these are bullet proof.

[/QUOTE]

I belive those yellowish connectors are over the top for any subwoofer connection - they hold up to 60+ amperes of current, and contact is firm..... I have such connectors on my C-Tek battery filler and it works like a champ....no more hot wires /connectors

For Fast Moving Concerts
Team LB audio
Team Hybrid Audio
Team BRAX
Team SCB
LBaudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2019   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
Plus funding a 220v plug is sort of accepting some responsibility for the outcome...
I was thinking a real 100 amp disconnect. To avoid the 220 thing we know is a not safe.
I'm not trying to reward bad behavior. I just think a kind jesture can go pretty far in changing someone's attitude. And what the worse that can happen? It's just a thought.
Old 05-28-2019   #49
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
I was thinking a real 100 amp disconnect. To avoid the 220 thing we know is a not safe.
I'm not trying to reward bad behavior. I just think a kind jesture can go pretty far in changing someone's attitude. And what the worse that can happen? It's just a thought.
If I had a used small Anderson connector, I would send that.
(And then put a larger Anderson connector on for a winch.)

Facts and reason are usually not a way to change an attitude, unless someone got to where they are using reason.

If you gift him an Anderson plug, then we assume that the OP will get the proper size cables.
Maybe there are used Anderson plugs on Craig's list ?

Personally I would either send the thing I would consider best to use, or nothing.
Usually the later. (But I did support the CLD testing.)
The last person that cured me from donating, wanted a guide dog for her epilepsy. Next I heard was her praising God for giving her a dog. I asked if she was willing to thank those that actually gave the funds. She said it was through God's opening the door to my heart that the dog arrived to her.

But they say that the lord works in strange ways, and it seems that het has shut and actually deadbolted it to prevent further lapses.

I would suggest doing your donations locally would have more impact.
Either a day a month at a homeless shelter, or tutoring, or just being good to those around you, or via a charity, or donating used clothes.
Old 05-28-2019   #50

Damn. God's not opening my heart. I think it's just a decent thing to do once in awhile. I've been through some rough shit in my life and if giving someone I don't know a few bucks to lighten there load helps, then why not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement