Given that you have complete control of power, eq, TA, polarity, how would you go about purposefully creating the worse audio system possible? I'm curious if it's possible to make a high end aftermarket system sound 'worse' than crappy factory speakers. I want to see the look on people's faces when I give them an "exclusive demo" of my SQ system. This will be my prank preset.
- I want all the speakers playing something, so no muting allowed
- Nothing that will cause damage to the speakers (ex: clipping them on purpose)
Ideas that I have:
- Flip polarity of a few speakers
- Create artifical comb filtering by cutting closeby frequencies with high Q
- Deleting all low pass filters so that subs and midbass are receiving treble frequencies
- Setting time alignment completely different than the physical distance
- Mixing the L/R inputs into mono on the DSP configuration
What else will increase the cringe factor? Share your ideas!