Car radio stays on - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2019   #1

Rep Power: 0 KimH92 will become famous soon enoughKimH92 will become famous soon enoughKimH92 will become famous soon enoughKimH92 will become famous soon enoughKimH92 will become famous soon enoughKimH92 will become famous soon enough

Default Car radio stays on

Hello,

Long story short.
I installed my first powered subwoofer, and tested each wire as i went.

The last wire i was confused about was the remote. My car came with a custom radio, Dynavin N6 which had a auto amp wire ready.
When i plugged my controller to it, it kept staying on after i turned my car off..

I googled and found that installing the controller to the Acc (red) wire, it would turn on and off with the ignition.
I tested and it work.
The wire went from radio to can interface.
I split it up and hooked my controller to it and went to eat.
Later i went to work.
My screen on the radio didnt turn on but radio played.

When i parked took out the key, the radio and controller stayed on.

I went to try unhooking the controller from the red wire and had it go from radio to can interface again.
That didnt help at all. I gave up after 10mins, and wanted to drive home. Battery was drained...

I know the previous owner did something with the wires so he could have the dvd player playing as he drove.

The can interface has both the red wire and 12v wire from the radio.

This is a far out question since multiple stuff can be wrong, but how can adding a controller to the acc wire between radio and can interface do this? The radio did turn off before this(bluetooth didnt i noticed a while back)
KimH92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2019   #2

Rep Power: 11 XSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Car radio stays on

probably your amp remote changed the resistance it is looking for when you add it . you said custom radio?? so is there a power antenna lead on the head unit? blue with white stripe usually. you might try that as your remote turn on.

10 psi boosted Tacoma// skar 6x8 w/tweeter unhooked//tweeters are silk dome skar//live nex 5000 //arc audio 300.4 //2 jbl gtx 500//skar vd-10.4 x2 // 200 amp alt// 2 gauge big 3 //agm 24f // sound deadened
XSVTOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement