Need help to find a decent audio setup for my car - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2019   #1

Rep Power: 0 P41nG41n will become famous soon enoughP41nG41n will become famous soon enoughP41nG41n will become famous soon enoughP41nG41n will become famous soon enoughP41nG41n will become famous soon enoughP41nG41n will become famous soon enough

Question Need help to find a decent audio setup for my car

Hi,

I'm David and I want to get the best bass possible for arround 1375 eur.
Mainly I need a amplifier and subwoofer(s) I could try to build the subwoofer case myself if that's better.

link: bassbrothers.no/bilstereo/basspakker/bassbrothers-15quot-spl-basspakke
I got suggested this pack by a friend of mine, is it a great pack for that price or should I buy something else? And is Pioneer DEH-X7800DAB a decent player?

Thanks in advance, looking forward for the support.
P41nG41n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2019   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 237 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Need help to find a decent audio setup for my car

Looks pretty decent from what I can see, even the box isn't bad, internal bracing, thicker front baffle.

The biggest problem I see is the sub is dual 1-ohm coils. Which means it can be run at either 2 ohms final or 0.5 ohm final - neither of which is optimal for that amplifier.

Although the translation says "Double speaker". So does that mean 2 subs in 2 separate boxes? If so, then you could run that amp at 1 ohm final load, which would be good. So is that package 1 amp, 1 sub, 1 box? Or is it 1 amp, 2 subs, 2 boxes?

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to tRidiot For This Useful Post:
P41nG41n (06-08-2019)
Old 06-02-2019   #3

Rep Power: 0 P41nG41n will become famous soon enoughP41nG41n will become famous soon enoughP41nG41n will become famous soon enoughP41nG41n will become famous soon enoughP41nG41n will become famous soon enoughP41nG41n will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
Looks pretty decent from what I can see, even the box isn't bad, internal bracing, thicker front baffle.

The biggest problem I see is the sub is dual 1-ohm coils. Which means it can be run at either 2 ohms final or 0.5 ohm final - neither of which is optimal for that amplifier.

Although the translation says "Double speaker". So does that mean 2 subs in 2 separate boxes? If so, then you could run that amp at 1 ohm final load, which would be good. So is that package 1 amp, 1 sub, 1 box? Or is it 1 amp, 2 subs, 2 boxes?
Hi, tack. There's just one box with one sub, what do you think? Should I buy two subs and make a box myself for both? Or is there a cheaper and better way to get better bass?

Old 06-02-2019   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 237 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have any idea what things cost in the EU, but yes, in general you can do quite well if you have the capability to do some of these things yourself, like building a decent box.

If that is one sub, and it is dual 1-ohm coils, it does not mate up well with that amplifier to get the most out of the package.

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to tRidiot For This Useful Post:
P41nG41n (06-08-2019)
Old 06-02-2019   #5

Rep Power: 79 WinWiz will become famous soon enoughWinWiz will become famous soon enoughWinWiz will become famous soon enoughWinWiz will become famous soon enoughWinWiz will become famous soon enoughWinWiz will become famous soon enough

My personal experience with ground zero amp is bad. But maybe I was unlucky.
200A fuse for 35mm2 cable is a fire hazard. Max safe fuse for 35mm2 cable is 100A.
The price seems a little high for a enclosed sub with amp. Have you thought about 2x12" instead of a single 15" ?
WinWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to WinWiz For This Useful Post:
P41nG41n (06-08-2019)
Old 06-08-2019   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
I don't have any idea what things cost in the EU, but yes, in general you can do quite well if you have the capability to do some of these things yourself, like building a decent box.

If that is one sub, and it is dual 1-ohm coils, it does not mate up well with that amplifier to get the most out of the package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinWiz View Post
My personal experience with ground zero amp is bad. But maybe I was unlucky.
200A fuse for 35mm2 cable is a fire hazard. Max safe fuse for 35mm2 cable is 100A.
The price seems a little high for a enclosed sub with amp. Have you thought about 2x12" instead of a single 15" ?
What if I buy two 15'' with that amplifier and different cables?
Or what do you think I should buy for that price? I've allready bought the player, Pioneer DEH-X7800DAB.

Last edited by P41nG41n; 06-08-2019 at 01:49 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement