since itunes has been killed, what does that mean for an old dog like me - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2019   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 173 Jroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enough

Default since itunes has been killed, what does that mean for an old dog like me

I have a good bulk of my music ripped to and sitting on my 160 gb ipod. I run my ipod to the AUX on my head unit. Funny enough, I was just looking at buying one of the modded ipods to increase the memory. I have been reading about what will happen to itunes music. It sounds like my music that I purchased from the Itunes store will move to the new apple platform, which I guess is fine. Not real clear what the new platform is.

My real concern is about all the ripped music that is loading into my Itunes. I assume it will continue to work, it is just a dead platform? Over the last few years, I have purchased a lot of CDs from Goodwill. I have found a lot of old or out of print discs cheap. I ripp and place those discs in Itunes. I assume the process of ripping will no longer work or read once Itunes is killed? Am I missing anything?
Jroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2019   #2

Rep Power: 58 jdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enough

Default Re: since itunes has been killed, what does that mean for an old dog like me

https://www.theguardian.com/music/sh...-means-for-you

As far as CD ripping, there will be still be other software out there that runs on mac/windows that can do the same thing. It will just be a multi-step process to get them into the new music app if the new music app can't do it.

2014 F150 Limited -> Factory HU programmed for 4v outputs -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, SI TM65 mk3, & JL TW3. Rears: SB17's. Resonix 35% CLD and 100% CCF, 100% MLV, Soon: PDX-F6 and SI M3 in Valicar Stuttgart pods
jdunk54nl is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 131 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Default Re: since itunes has been killed, what does that mean for an old dog like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroo View Post

My real concern is about all the ripped music that is loading into my Itunes. I assume it will continue to work, it is just a dead platform? Over the last few years, I have purchased a lot of CDs from Goodwill. I have found a lot of old or out of print discs cheap. I ripp and place those discs in Itunes. I assume the process of ripping will no longer work or read once Itunes is killed? Am I missing anything?
This would be chaos, I assume what you have is yours not theirs and it would be horrible if not ilegal to take your music away. Going forward it may be different or not possible to rip CD's.

Best thing is to reject any iTunes updates, although there is no guarantee they will not change it. Hard to fight the new world order I guess but at least you have the hard copies of most CDs, think about the ones that have music in there and no hard copies of some of the cd's yet.

It will be interesting to know what other software can rip CD's

The new world order is streaming, blue tooth, 5G microwave technology iluminati gloablist burning military technology man.
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 190 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

obviously you have nothing to worry about...the new music app will support current itunes libraries.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210200

2018 Crosstrek
P SIX DSP MK2 GB10 GB25 Gs690 RM12 Z-2KD II
miniSQ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to miniSQ For This Useful Post:
nadams5755 (06-06-2019)
Old 06-05-2019   #5

Rep Power: 11 Asdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enoughAsdcreation will become famous soon enough

If I purchase I usually download it in my computer from there I keep a copy on my backup hard drive (1 tera byte) ,also with Samsung phone you can get 100gb space from one drive,I copy it there from computer (CDs or iTunes songs)if I need to download to phone or ipad etc ,with nowadays internet wifi speeds it's pretty fast
Asdcreation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2019   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 92 CDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enoughCDT FAN will become famous soon enough

I'm a PC user and I have a large library of music, but after using itunes for 11 years, I switched over to MusicBee in the last year. It does a good job and sounds good. Now, I can include my flac files, which itunes couldn't handle.
CDT FAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2019   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 130 Sine Swept will become famous soon enoughSine Swept will become famous soon enoughSine Swept will become famous soon enoughSine Swept will become famous soon enoughSine Swept will become famous soon enoughSine Swept will become famous soon enoughSine Swept will become famous soon enough

Is this I2K?

DNX 5120, MS-8, Scanspeak Illuminator R3004/6020, Focal 5w2, Morel CAW938, IDMAX12 V3, PPI Ax400's + JBL 1201.1 II
Sine Swept is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2019   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 55 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sine Swept View Post
Is this I2K?
That's a ripper!
Holmz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement