2016 Jaguar XF Information - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 61 Souths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enough

Default 2016 Jaguar XF Information

I just picked up one of these and wish to glean knowledge from anybody who has it. My model has the 380W 11-speaker Meridian system.

From what I've gathered:
  • 1" tweeters in dash and rear doors
  • 6.5" woofers in all 4 doors
  • 4" mids in front door
  • 10" DVC sub tucked away somewhere in the trunk.
  • Stock amp is in the trunk and there is a M0bridge device to grab a clean output for my Helix.

For sure I want to replace the front stage, in place seems possible if I ignore the aim of the tweeters and mids (I want to keep the stock look). I'm on the fence with the rear doors. Leaning on keeping the 6.5"s active, but disconnect the tweeters.

I've found the info I need to take the door cards off. What I need to figure out is how to get to the tweeters in the dash. If anybody knows I would really appreciate it. Also any other tips or gotchas there are on this car. I'd also be up for any ideas on the sub/enclosure that may work best.

Thanks all.
Souths1der is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 190 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: 2016 Jaguar XF Information

Would be great to see a couple pics of the outside and a few of those speaker locations.

I can ask my installer if he knows about the tweeters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bertholomey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 61 Souths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enough

I can take some tonight when I get home. I don't want to be that guy taking pictures of his new ride in the parking lot at work...

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 190 bertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the roughbertholomey is a jewel in the rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bertholomey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:
Auto electrician/Fabricator

Rep Power: 154 dumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enough

We just did one at my mates car audio place, got a hybrid audio 3” in the mid location using a metal ring plus some pu sealant (would have to cut the pu to get the speakers out... it was tight!), I think I have the wiring diagram somewhere, I know the mids are in a different plug to the midbass and tweeters (if I recall right the mids were in a green plug that’s further away from the back of the car... from the back there’s a two pin power plug, then a big multi plug with midbass and tweeter in, then the next plug is the midrange among other things, then the most twin fibre plug is furthest away)

Fitted a helix q10 in the drivers side boot space (right hand drive) in a custom fibre glass enclosure (personally I’d have done the passenger side as there was a fuse box on the drivers side), p-6dsp with hybrid 6”, 3” and 1”, plus we used the helix own most interface and a helix mono...

All the amps fitted in a hollowed out factory sub enclosure under the spare wheel, I’ll see if I can find some pics for you 👍🏼

The tweeter was fixed in place with hot glue from memory

Wooden rings were cut from 12mm plywood to simulate the mounting ring
dumdum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:

Rep Power: 154 dumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enough

Pics of amp rack and sub enclosure fitted over it (I put a tube to protect wires from spare wheel bolt down (the white tube in the middle of the two amps)

And the mdf/glass enclosure in the side of the boot 👍🏼
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:

Door with sail panel tweeter mount, mid near door handle and midbass at bottom of the door 👍🏼
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4D54F8E6-A450-4360-B7B2-B7997E120A85.jpeg (168.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

Very nice! I like the sub a lot. What year is that XF? Mine is a 2016, my door is different. No sail, the tweeters are in the dash. I'll get pics tonight.
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

Here are the front speakers. First pic is tweeter, second is mid, last is woofer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tweeter.jpg (1.44 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg doormid.jpg (1.13 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg doorwoofer.jpg (1.83 MB, 8 views)
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souths1der View Post
Very nice! I like the sub a lot. What year is that XF? Mine is a 2016, my door is different. No sail, the tweeters are in the dash. I'll get pics tonight.
From memory I think it was a 2012, I know it sounded pretty nice considering it was the cheaper hybrid range 👍🏼
Sponsored Links
Advertisement