Dirty Trigger (remote) wire - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2019   #1

Rep Power: 0 crankinaway will become famous soon enoughcrankinaway will become famous soon enoughcrankinaway will become famous soon enoughcrankinaway will become famous soon enoughcrankinaway will become famous soon enoughcrankinaway will become famous soon enough

Default Dirty Trigger (remote) wire

I have a JL Audio ACP208LG-W3v3 which is a powered dual 8" subwoofer. It was previously working setup using high level signal sense turn on.

I have now moved it to my new truck using an axxess output converter. Using the remote wire supplied at the converter the sub powers on but makes a pulsating chatter when the radio is off. I then ran I new remote wire from a different remote source and experience the same feedback.

If I jump the amp power to the remote the sub works perfectly without any feedback. I have tried numerous combinations of power and ground but I keep coming back to the remote wire as the problem based on the above.

Someone mentioned the built in remote relay may be fried and jumping the power to the remote is supplying enough amps to negate the issue.

My next step is to test the remote voltage output and possibly that is the problem but is there anything else that could cause this?
crankinaway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2019   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 237 minbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to allminbari is a name known to all

Default Re: Dirty Trigger (remote) wire

If jumping the 12v over turns it on perfectly. Then your source dor the remote voltage is the problem. Get a dmm and test the voltage at the amp, then at the source end. Voltage should be the same, if it is not. Your wire is to blame.
If it is not a steady 12v+, then the source is the problem.

I highly doubt its the wire, but rule it out. If the source is the problem, then use a different 12v switched source. Any "acc" fuse will work

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Original post whore!
Bent Nail Brewery

2014 Tacoma, Stock HU |AC LC2i | Dayton 408 DSP | Phoenix Gold T500.2 -> Silver Flute 8" | -> JL 300/2 -> Vifa XT25 | JL 500/1 -> 12" ID IDQ
minbari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement