Links to speaker quick disconnects - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2019   #1

Rep Power: 0 West1 will become famous soon enoughWest1 will become famous soon enoughWest1 will become famous soon enoughWest1 will become famous soon enoughWest1 will become famous soon enoughWest1 will become famous soon enough

Default Links to speaker quick disconnects

Anyone have some good quick disconnect links for some 12g wire?

Also looking for 25' of 12g awg wire or better quality. I'm hoping to have everything in my hands by Wednesday.

If any member has the above fs, PM me!

Tyvm
West1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2019   #2

Rep Power: 17 BrianSomething will become famous soon enoughBrianSomething will become famous soon enoughBrianSomething will become famous soon enoughBrianSomething will become famous soon enoughBrianSomething will become famous soon enoughBrianSomething will become famous soon enough

Amass 10 Pair XT60H Bullet... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PN6N4K...p_mob_ap_share
BrianSomething is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianSomething For This Useful Post:
West1 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-09-2019   #3

Rep Power: 0 West1 will become famous soon enoughWest1 will become famous soon enoughWest1 will become famous soon enoughWest1 will become famous soon enoughWest1 will become famous soon enoughWest1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSomething View Post
Are these good? I seen these and a similar brand, I assumed they were low end disconnects.

Old 06-09-2019   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 113 kanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Links to speaker quick disconnects

Quote:
Originally Posted by West1 View Post
Are these good? I seen these and a similar brand, I assumed they were low end disconnects.
They are made for RC cars that will send a lot more current through them than your amplifier will... unless you are running over 500watts a channel.

2016 Ford F150 Supercrew Sport: Soundstream Ref 5.1000 (Front High +sub) - Soundstream RN4.1400D(Rear and MB) - DSP 408 - Audio Control DQXS - JL 12TW3 - Image dynamics XS28 + X69, Scanspeak 10f, CTX65 (rear).
kanadian-kaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to kanadian-kaos For This Useful Post:
West1 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-09-2019   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadian-kaos View Post
Quote:
They are made for RC cars that will send a lot more current through them than your amplifier will... unless you are running over 500watts a channel.
Sounds good, tyvm guys!
Old 06-09-2019   #6

Is this good wire?
I did a 12g OFC search and found this.
Looking to push about 125-140w per channel on my zapco 150x4

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HZ...HJC?th=1&psc=1
Old 06-10-2019   #7

Rep Power: 9 ajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Is this good wire?
I did a 12g OFC search and found this.
Looking to push about 125-140w per channel on my zapco 150x4

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HZ...HJC?th=1&psc=1
I think in general the recommendation is to stick with OFC rather than the CCA wire. I got some KnuKoncepts 12AWG Kord in my amp kit and it's more than beefy. Looks like Amazon has that (Prime even) in 14AWG or 16AWG which I would think be plenty in your application for a few dollars more:
https://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-K.../dp/B00UI08JJG

Also, not that it matters, but I opted to go with the XT60H connectors in black:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Way more tactical
ajt976 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ajt976 For This Useful Post:
West1 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019   #8
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 55 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Anyone have some good quick disconnect links for some 12g wire?

Also looking for 25' of 12g awg wire or better quality. I'm hoping to have everything in my hands by Wednesday.

If any member has the above fs, PM me!

Tyvm
Neutrik Speakon connectors, and Magomi 13ga multi core cable is hard combo to beat.
Holmz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Holmz For This Useful Post:
West1 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019   #9

Thanks guys, ordered the knukonceptz 14g and the xt60h QD's

Neutrik Speakon connectors are very nice! I'll use those on the next build
Old 06-10-2019   #10
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 64 Souths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enoughSouths1der will become famous soon enough

Quote:
+1 for these things. Love them.
Souths1der is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019   #11

Rep Power: 33 SlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enough

Thanks, ordered.

2014 Honda Accord LX - JL Audio C2-650, Kicker CSC674, Helix DSP Pro MK1, Pioneer GM-D8604, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019   #12

Rep Power: 33 SlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enough

Also, do you guys leave the XT60H connector in the door or would you leave the connectors like under the door sill and then run the remaining wire to the speaker? Reading some reports that they aren't waterproof, but they look pretty water resistant at least to me. I figure it's not any worse than the speaker terminals being exposed as long as water isn't collecting in the connector.

2014 Honda Accord LX - JL Audio C2-650, Kicker CSC674, Helix DSP Pro MK1, Pioneer GM-D8604, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D
Old 06-10-2019   #13

Rep Power: 17 BrianSomething will become famous soon enoughBrianSomething will become famous soon enoughBrianSomething will become famous soon enoughBrianSomething will become famous soon enoughBrianSomething will become famous soon enoughBrianSomething will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
Also, do you guys leave the XT60H connector in the door or would you leave the connectors like under the door sill and then run the remaining wire to the speaker? Reading some reports that they aren't waterproof, but they look pretty water resistant at least to me. I figure it's not any worse than the speaker terminals being exposed as long as water isn't collecting in the connector.
In the door is fine. If worried, shrink em.
BrianSomething is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 304 LBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond repute

those are very handy, there are also different sizes...

For Fast Moving Concerts
Team LB audio
Team Hybrid Audio
Team BRAX
Team SCB
LBaudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019   #15

Rep Power: 11 OldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enoughOldNewbie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSomething View Post
In the door is fine. If worried, shrink em.
Or add a dab of grease before connecting them.
OldNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019   #16

Rep Power: 9 ajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enoughajt976 will become famous soon enough

Yea, those connectors are very snug, I don't anticipate any issues with water. A little dielectric grease might help them slide together easier if anything else, lol.
Old 06-10-2019   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 113 kanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajt976 View Post
Also, not that it matters, but I opted to go with the XT60H connectors in black:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Way more tactical
Wah!!! I did not know these existed. Whenever I see yellow in a vehicle it reminds me of airbags.

2016 Ford F150 Supercrew Sport: Soundstream Ref 5.1000 (Front High +sub) - Soundstream RN4.1400D(Rear and MB) - DSP 408 - Audio Control DQXS - JL 12TW3 - Image dynamics XS28 + X69, Scanspeak 10f, CTX65 (rear).
kanadian-kaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019   #18

Quote:
Wah!!! I did not know these existed. Whenever I see yellow in a vehicle it reminds me of airbags.
Yea, I was literally about to finish my order for the yellow ones and happened to see them in the "related items" list on Amazon, basically the one time their algorithm showed me something I actually wanted to buy instead, haha.

It's nice though because they will be tucked under the dash where you could potentially see them if you were under there, just helps with the stealthy install, minus the blue heat shrink for identification.
Old 06-10-2019   #19

Rep Power: 61 Rolow will become famous soon enoughRolow will become famous soon enoughRolow will become famous soon enoughRolow will become famous soon enoughRolow will become famous soon enoughRolow will become famous soon enough

A little late but I’ve tried Anderson Powerpoles
https://powerwerx.com/anderson-power...-sb-connectors

Normally I use Deutsch Connector
https://deutschconnectorstore.com/
Rolow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajt976 View Post
Yea, I was literally about to finish my order for the yellow ones and happened to see them in the "related items" list on Amazon, basically the one time their algorithm showed me something I actually wanted to buy instead, haha.

It's nice though because they will be tucked under the dash where you could potentially see them if you were under there, just helps with the stealthy install, minus the blue heat shrink for identification.
Yea, I canceled my order and got the black ones!

Old 06-11-2019   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 956 Lanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond repute

Was going to say, I use Monoprice cable for all my copper, and always the sheathed type which makes runs much more practical in a vehicle, with all the sharp metal and such going on under the carpet and panels. XT60 connectors (black would be very nice!) are a joy, and a staple since 2010 for me. Buy in bulk and don't worry about it, just make sure to get a brand that doesn't melt under standard soldering practices because those can ruin your day. Some brands are trash.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, MS-8, Massive N3, set of NX4's, Audiofrog GS690 and GS10, Wavecor center, Sundown SD3 10's
2018 WRX, Helix V Eight and G-One, AD W600, AP AR3 & AR20, AE AV10H-D2
Lanson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanson For This Useful Post:
West1 (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019   #22
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 99 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

This was supposed to be ofc used with xt60 connectors. As you can see the heat shrink, the wire still corroded in less than a year. The foggy part is all corrosion.

Broke right off

Trying again

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement