Kenwood DNX995S - Map files location - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2019   #1

Rep Power: 53 shi_daniel will become famous soon enoughshi_daniel will become famous soon enoughshi_daniel will become famous soon enoughshi_daniel will become famous soon enoughshi_daniel will become famous soon enoughshi_daniel will become famous soon enough

Default Kenwood DNX995S - Map files location

Hi!

After looking for a decent HU with built in GPS navigation, I choose DNX995S due low price and excelent features like HD screen resolution, Apple Carplay, etc.

The problem is that I live in Brazil and DNX995S comes with a USA map. In contact with Kenwood Support, I received a bad info that it does not accept maps from other countries.

I have a Garmin GPS device and after some tests, It was possible to run it with an openstreetmap. Then I believe I can do the same with DNX995S. However, I need to access the map files. Somebody here can tell me how to access these files? Are they located in a SD card or inside the HU? I have a Clarion NX702 which map files are in a micro SD, then it's easy to access them.

In DNX995S, is that possible to plug an USB cable using a notebook and then accessing the map files? The default procedure is using a SD card to HU generates a code and with Garmin Express, you can update the stock in map.

If map files from DNX995S are not accessible, I think it's not possible to do anything related to third party maps like openstreetmap.
shi_daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019   #2

Rep Power: 8 XSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Kenwood DNX995S - Map files location

https://kenwood.garmin.com/kenwood/s...playDeviceList

https://kenwood.garmin.com/kenwood/s...=productUpdate

I chose 995s this seems to indicate they are on a sd card

10 psi boosted Tacoma// skar 6x8// tweeter unhooked skar tweeters //silk dome skar//live nex 5000 //Blaupunkt 1500.4 //skar vd-10 x2 // jbl gtx 500 x2 // 200 amp alt// 2 gauge big 3 //agm 24f // sound deadened
XSVTOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019   #3

Rep Power: 53 shi_daniel will become famous soon enoughshi_daniel will become famous soon enoughshi_daniel will become famous soon enoughshi_daniel will become famous soon enoughshi_daniel will become famous soon enoughshi_daniel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVTOYZ View Post
Thanks for your help!

However, I think the map is located in HU. After clicking on the second link, there is the folowing instruction:

"Follow the instructions on the navigation unit to transfer the product update data from the SD Card to your vehicle."

The update is transfered to the HU 😞

Another reason is the manual explaining how you can use SD card to play music. If the map is in the SD Card, you couldn't use it to play music. In my old Clarion NX702, map is located in the micro SD Card and the HU has another SD port to save songs or videos in another SD Card.

If I can find a way to access the location of map files, I think I could save an openstreetmap file.

Any ideas? 🤔

Old 06-13-2019   #4

Hi Folks!

In my previously post I copied a part of Kenwood instructions as follow:

"Follow the instructions on the navigation unit to transfer the product update data from the SD Card to your vehicle."

These instruction was related to the product update, not map update. Instructions to update the map is here:

https://kenwood.garmin.com/kenwood/s...igin=mapUpdate

I would like to know if maps from other countries would be available after using Garmin Express. Kenwood Technical Support told me that there is no map from Brazil for DNX995S, but I would like to confirm if he is right. Someone that has DNX995S could use Garmin Express to confirm this?

Thanks and sorry for the work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement