rear jl c5-650x blown - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2019   #1

Rep Power: 74 eddie7978 will become famous soon enougheddie7978 will become famous soon enougheddie7978 will become famous soon enougheddie7978 will become famous soon enougheddie7978 will become famous soon enougheddie7978 will become famous soon enough

Default rear jl c5-650x blown

one of my rear jl c5-650x coax is blown.. warranty is past due.. they don’t sell just one coax so i would have to buy the whole pair with crossovers and i really don’t need any of that..
however they do sell just the woofer component without the tweeter separate
should i just buy one of those and unplug the tweeter on the other speaker?? i always hear you guys don’t use tweeters in the back anyway..
eddie7978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019   #2

Rep Power: 11 JMikeK will become famous soon enoughJMikeK will become famous soon enoughJMikeK will become famous soon enoughJMikeK will become famous soon enoughJMikeK will become famous soon enoughJMikeK will become famous soon enough

Default Re: rear jl c5-650x blown

What the heck were you doing to blow a c5 in the back? Do you like to run them pretty hot? If so, I would say you gotta get some replacement coaxes instead of running just woofers. Just woofers, played loud can sound pretty honky. If you don't want to drop that much money, there are a bunch of decent coaxes out there for the price of a single c5 woofer (like a set of c2s). Just keep them down --- most people say you shouldn't be able to hear them from the front seat.
JMikeK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019   #3

Rep Power: 74 eddie7978 will become famous soon enougheddie7978 will become famous soon enougheddie7978 will become famous soon enougheddie7978 will become famous soon enougheddie7978 will become famous soon enougheddie7978 will become famous soon enough

idk what happend to it itís really strange i have all my gains set with multimeter and i never play my music too loud.. i never had issues with jl products new or used u till this.. i only noticed it because i took my sub out lol u can hear slight static sounding from that speaker when thereís some bass.. i even tried switching that speaker to a different side but same shit..

do u think thereís a way to fix it i donít see any damage but i will look again

Last edited by eddie7978; 06-12-2019 at 10:59 AM..
eddie7978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 957 Lanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: rear jl c5-650x blown

I was just going to say, definitely don't concern yourself with high end speakers for the rear. If anything, use something really mellow, laid-back sounding so it doesn't draw attention to itself. I like those NVX speakers for this. You COULD disconnect the tweeter, if you want. Rear fill is great in the range from about 110hz up to 5k or so, and a well-damped woofer can do that.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
Lanson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanson For This Useful Post:
hankhowdy1 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-16-2019   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 106 Frank Drebin is on a distinguished roadFrank Drebin is on a distinguished roadFrank Drebin is on a distinguished roadFrank Drebin is on a distinguished roadFrank Drebin is on a distinguished road

At the risk of hijacking, I have a c3 570 woofer that is blown. Wondering if a C2 5x7 coaxial would be a suitable replacement?

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement