Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum (https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/)
-   General Car Audio Discussion (https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/general-car-audio-discussion/)
-   -   Helix DSP.3 questions (https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/general-car-audio-discussion/418505-helix-dsp-3-questions.html)

Mahapederdon 06-13-2019 05:01 PM

17 Attachment(s)
It's pretty strait forward but one question I ha e is the bass processing. Under the FX tab it says "augmented bass processing applied on channel F. Then at the bottom there is check boxes that read.
" channel E - subwoofer output" and
"channel F+G - line output".

Right now my sub amp is using channel G and H. If I want to try this, do I move my sub to channel F and use a Y adapter or do those check boxes do something I'm not understanding?

toneloc2 06-13-2019 05:38 PM

Re: Helix DSP.3 questions
 
how many sub amps are you using?
if one why are you using g & h for sub out?

Mahapederdon 06-13-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toneloc2 (Post 5712513)
how many sub amps are you using?
if one why are you using g & h for sub out?

Just one. But it has left right input so I just used both.

toneloc2 06-13-2019 05:42 PM

Re: Helix DSP.3 questions
 
ooo how much bass output are you getting? did you link both channels for any adjustments you are making?

Mahapederdon 06-13-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toneloc2 (Post 5712517)
ooo how much bass output are you getting? did you link both channels for any adjustments you are making?

They are linked. I just have the gain lower on my sub amp

dobslob 06-14-2019 03:35 PM

Re: Helix DSP.3 questions
 
This is something that has been pointed out to the crew at Audiotec Fischer. The channels are based on the first DSP that the functions were available in and the labeling just needs to be addressed for each other processor and the available channels.

It shouldn't be too long before we see an update. I believe this will be a part of it. :)

Mahapederdon 06-14-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobslob (Post 5712923)
This is something that has been pointed out to the crew at Audiotec Fischer. The channels are based on the first DSP that the functions were available in and the labeling just needs to be addressed for each other processor and the available channels.

It shouldn't be too long before we see an update. I believe this will be a part of it. <img src="https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" class="inlineimg" />

Thanks for answering.

toneloc2 06-14-2019 04:43 PM

Re: Helix DSP.3 questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahapederdon (Post 5712527)
They are linked. I just have the gain lower on my sub amp

can i see a pic of your io screen for the helix... just wondering how much bass your actually getting. unless you are using the inputs on the helix for the sub channel.. when i used the g & h output from helix to my mono amp i get barely any out put... so i used a y adapter...

Mahapederdon 06-14-2019 04:47 PM

Re: Helix DSP.3 questions
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by toneloc2 (Post 5712971)
can i see a pic of your io screen for the helix... just wondering how much bass your actually getting. unless you are using the inputs on the helix for the sub channel.. when i used the g & h output from helix to my mono amp i get barely any out put... so i used a y adapter...

Here ya go, Appreciate your help

toneloc2 06-14-2019 04:49 PM

Re: Helix DSP.3 questions
 
so your running separate rca s from your source for the subs?

Mahapederdon 06-14-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toneloc2 (Post 5712977)
so your running separate rca s from your source for the subs?

Yessir

dobslob 06-18-2019 09:23 AM

Re: Helix DSP.3 questions
 
The new software is available as a beta on the website now. It has been working just fine for me and the mislabeled options are gone.

Mahapederdon 06-18-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobslob (Post 5714103)
The new software is available as a beta on the website now. It has been working just fine for me and the mislabeled options are gone.

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up man.

Mahapederdon 06-25-2019 11:23 PM

Has anybody used the rta auto feature on any of the helix dsp's? It looks like it only uses graphic eq.

dobslob 06-26-2019 12:05 PM

Re: Helix DSP.3 questions
 
I use it quite often, and yes it uses graphic EQ. If I see it doing strange adjustments I tune using parametric or a combination and see if I can improve it.

It is really quite good with averaging out the response. Our demo vehicle was tuned using just the Auto EQ, and it sounds darn good.

Mahapederdon 06-26-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobslob (Post 5717381)
I use it quite often, and yes it uses graphic EQ. If I see it doing strange adjustments I tune using parametric or a combination and see if I can improve it.

It is really quite good with averaging out the response. Our demo vehicle was tuned using just the Auto EQ, and it sounds darn good.

How about if your running active? Change the match range to suit the driver? I use rew but my brother likes this way cause it's on the same screen. I'm trying to persuade him to learn rew.

dobslob 06-27-2019 11:07 AM

Re: Helix DSP.3 questions
 
I ALWAYS run active. :)

Yes, you can break the system all down and tune each speaker individually if you like. You would definitely want to set the auto tune frequencies for each channel as you go through it. I probably wouldn't bother with the sub and auto EQ.

REW is a great program and can help you pinpoint and fix a lot of issues in a system, but for every day tuning I love using the built in RTA.

SlvrDragon50 06-27-2019 11:30 AM

Re: Helix DSP.3 questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dobslob (Post 5717381)
I use it quite often, and yes it uses graphic EQ. If I see it doing strange adjustments I tune using parametric or a combination and see if I can improve it.

It is really quite good with averaging out the response. Our demo vehicle was tuned using just the Auto EQ, and it sounds darn good.

Looking forward to trying out RTA once I get my new amp installed :D

Are you using it in systems with rear fills too?

dobslob 06-27-2019 01:37 PM

Re: Helix DSP.3 questions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 (Post 5717827)
Looking forward to trying out RTA once I get my new amp installed :D

Are you using it in systems with rear fills too?

Yes Sir.

tranv9565 06-28-2019 09:48 AM

Re: Helix DSP.3 questions
 
I finally swapped out my Mosconi 8to12 to the Helix DSP.3

The Helix is definitely way more intuitive to use but my one problem I am having is that I am getting a loud turn on and off thump now. Anyone know how to remedy this? Remote out is from the DSP to the amps. I've messed with the turn on and off delay but that hasn't helped much.

Mahapederdon 06-28-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranv9565 (Post 5718081)
I finally swapped out my Mosconi 8to12 to the Helix DSP.3

The Helix is definitely way more intuitive to use but my one problem I am having is that I am getting a loud turn on and off thump now. Anyone know how to remedy this? Remote out is from the DSP to the amps. I've messed with the turn on and off delay but that hasn't helped much.

Hey man your in San Diego. Me too, same processor. All I can think of is turn on timing. Try setting it at 0 maybe? Are all your speakers thumping or just the sub?

tranv9565 06-28-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahapederdon (Post 5718089)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tranv9565 (Post 5718081)
I finally swapped out my Mosconi 8to12 to the Helix DSP.3

The Helix is definitely way more intuitive to use but my one problem I am having is that I am getting a loud turn on and off thump now. Anyone know how to remedy this? Remote out is from the DSP to the amps. I've messed with the turn on and off delay but that hasn't helped much.

Hey man your in San Diego. Me too, same processor. All I can think of is turn on timing. Try setting it at 0 maybe? Are all your speakers thumping or just the sub?

Seems like it's just the sub but I can be wrong. I haven't done too much troubleshooting yet but definitely loudest is from the sub.

Mahapederdon 06-28-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobslob (Post 5717381)
I use it quite often, and yes it uses graphic EQ. If I see it doing strange adjustments I tune using parametric or a combination and see if I can improve it.

It is really quite good with averaging out the response. Our demo vehicle was tuned using just the Auto EQ, and it sounds darn good.

Does helix just take an average of a few mics and use that for a default Cal file for the mic they sell? I wanna use my brothers with REW but nowhere can I find anything about a Cal file.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Ad Management by RedTyger