Upgrading a newer vehicle. - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2019   #1

Rep Power: 0 Gregavi will become famous soon enoughGregavi will become famous soon enoughGregavi will become famous soon enoughGregavi will become famous soon enoughGregavi will become famous soon enoughGregavi will become famous soon enough

Default Upgrading a newer vehicle.

I'm looking to purchase a new (to me) vehicle in the 2016-2018 year range. Likely a small SUV (CR-V, Rav4 or the like) and I have noticed the HUs on pretty much all the vehicles in this year range have no PRE-OUT on their HU. When upgrading a system like this that are often integrated into a "Entire Vehicle" media/NAV system, how do you (the experts here) upgrade the system? Looking to add amps mostly since the component speakers and subwoofer are not the problem. I'm guessing adding a "Line Out Converter" is out of the question for achieving high quality audio. Gutting the entire system (Which I did with my 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid) seems a bit extreme, especially if the stock system has NAV. So, how do you upgrade a stock system that has no PRE-OUT?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Gregavi; 08-11-2019 at 06:13 PM..
Gregavi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019   #2

Rep Power: 0 SloScooter will become famous soon enoughSloScooter will become famous soon enoughSloScooter will become famous soon enoughSloScooter will become famous soon enoughSloScooter will become famous soon enoughSloScooter will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Upgrading a newer vehicle.

If it has the premium system you could use a pac amp Pro like I did for my Ford Explorer with the Sony system. You could use a JL Fix 82 or 86 depending on your needs. Lots of ways you can approach OEM integration. What kind of audio are you trying to add to your new vehicle?
SloScooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019   #3

Rep Power: 0 Gregavi will become famous soon enoughGregavi will become famous soon enoughGregavi will become famous soon enoughGregavi will become famous soon enoughGregavi will become famous soon enoughGregavi will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Upgrading a newer vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloScooter View Post
If it has the premium system you could use a pac amp Pro like I did for my Ford Explorer with the Sony system. You could use a JL Fix 82 or 86 depending on your needs. Lots of ways you can approach OEM integration. What kind of audio are you trying to add to your new vehicle?
Thanks Slo

I'm just trying to brush up on my options for when I purchase a new vehicle. I'm mostly interested in adding an amp since the on-board stock power is usually weak at best. So, to answer your question, nothing in particular, I'm just doing the research now so I know what I'm in for when I make my new car purchase.
I will look at the the items you mentioned. They seem like interesting devices based on the little bit that I have read about them.
Gregavi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Gregavi For This Useful Post:
SloScooter (08-11-2019)

Old 08-11-2019   #4

Rep Power: 15 saltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enough

+1 on using the PAC Amp Pro or JL FiX 82 or 86. They’re now making some of the PAC units that work without having the “premium” OEM system. If it’s available, I’d go that route. If the PAC isn’t available, the FiX is a great option. I personally use the FiX 82 with the summed signal then sent optically to the JL TwK D8. I’m extremely pleased with the end result. However, if a PAC unit had been available when I built my current system, I would have used it and gone toslink to the DSP. They now make a PAC for my truck, but I’m too pleased with my current tune to mess with anything. Good luck and happy building!

saltyone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to saltyone For This Useful Post:
SloScooter (08-11-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement