Source for uncorrelated pink noise - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1

Rep Power: 65 drop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enough

Default Source for uncorrelated pink noise

All I have is correlated. Looking for a source for uncorrelated of known food quality.

As a simple fix, could I just use correlated and turn the time alignment off to disrupt the mono sync?
drop1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 161 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Source for uncorrelated pink noise

If you have not found any later today, I'll upload mine somewhere and send you a link to it.

Some old luggage

naiku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #3

Rep Power: 0 princo will become famous soon enoughprinco will become famous soon enoughprinco will become famous soon enoughprinco will become famous soon enoughprinco will become famous soon enoughprinco will become famous soon enough

I can't post links, but you can find them in the JL Audio website Help Center. If you google "JL Audio Help Center Audio Files" it should be one of the first results. Or you can navigate from the JL Audio Home Page >Support>Car Audio Support>Installation Techniques>Audio Files.
princo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 1 Week Ago   #4

Rep Power: 4 jtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enough

Here's the link to the JL Audio page with the test tones:

https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...27-Audio-Files

Although, I'm not really sure when you use stereo pink noise? I thought you were always supposed to use mono pink noise when measuring your system? When you the stereo pink noise be useful?
jtrosky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #5

Rep Power: 65 drop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
Here's the link to the JL Audio page with the test tones:

https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...27-Audio-Files

Although, I'm not really sure when you use stereo pink noise? I thought you were always supposed to use mono pink noise when measuring your system? When you the stereo pink noise be useful?
Thise jl files are not correct. They are both mono pink.

Uncorrelated pink does not image. It will not be centered on the dash like mono pink. Uncorrelated is not in phase on both channels.

I prefer to use both types for system wide measurements.
Old 1 Week Ago   #6

Rep Power: 4 jtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enough

You're telling me that JL Audio can't correctly make a Stereo and a Mono pink noise file?? What makes you think that they are both mono (I'm really not sure how to tell)?
Old 1 Week Ago   #7

Quote:
You're telling me that JL Audio can't correctly make a Stereo and a Mono pink noise file?? What makes you think that they are both mono (I'm really not sure how to tell)?
Uncorrelated is more than just stereo.

This is what uncorrelated pink noise sounds like vs mono.

https://youtu.be/7CMf3s3TSEE

https://youtu.be/6ZEFb6Zi3sI

You'll notice in video 1 if your time alignment is set, it will not have a center image. The noise appears to come from the left and right sides with no detectable center image.

In video 2 the noise has a strong center and is detached from the speakers.
Old 1 Week Ago   #8

Here you go - this archive contains both types and the stereo one sounds like the one in that YouTube video:

https://www.dynaudio.com/media/4031/pink-noises.zip
Old 1 Week Ago   #9

Quote:
Here you go - this archive contains both types and the stereo one sounds like the one in that YouTube video:

https://www.dynaudio.com/media/4031/pink-noises.zip
Thanks I'll check it out. Noise makes me nervous.

I spent years tuning with bad noise files.

The response wasn't even. Had as much as 6 db peaks and dips. That still has me aggravated.
I did eventually figure it out but I waste ton of time doing do.
Old 1 Week Ago   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop1 View Post

The response wasn't even. Had as much as 6 db peaks and dips. That still has me aggravated.
Yeah I completely understand. You can waste a LOT of time doing this crap if the 'source' noise isn't correct - and there is no easy way to "confirm" if the noise is correct or not (that I know of). I guess you just have to trust the person you get it from? Would an oscilloscope help with that (not really sure)? I'm still tempted to get one of those small $60 oscilloscope's on Amazon, just to have around. Would be nice to use to confirm you're not clipping, etc... They actually get pretty good reviews - and some people even say that they used them to set amp gains.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BMYS10S..._iWTuDbE614GXN
Old 1 Week Ago   #11

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drop1 View Post

Yeah I completely understand. You can waste a LOT of time doing this crap if the 'source' noise isn't correct - and there is no easy way to "confirm" if the noise is correct or not (that I know of). I guess you just have to trust the person you get it from? Would an oscilloscope help with that (not really sure)? I'm still tempted to get one of those small $60 oscilloscope's on Amazon, just to have around. Would be nice to use to confirm you're not clipping, etc... They actually get pretty good reviews - and some people even say that they used them to set amp gains.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BMYS10S..._iWTuDbE614GXN
You can just put the noise in any music making program and see the consistency. Its very easy to do but I hadn't thought of it at the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement