Stereo sound went out randomly - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1

Rep Power: 0 ShiroShini will become famous soon enoughShiroShini will become famous soon enoughShiroShini will become famous soon enoughShiroShini will become famous soon enoughShiroShini will become famous soon enoughShiroShini will become famous soon enough

Default Stereo sound went out randomly

Hi! new here and had an issue I can't seem to figure out. A couple days ago my car stereo (Boss BV9976B) was fine then without any real warning the sound from the stereo(even the volume knob which makes a clicking sound when adjusting) stopped. I still get sound to my subs and have checked all the fuess to my knowledge without any problems. Ive checked all wiring connection to the harness and they all seem fine. Any ideas other than the stereo shorted(It still functions perfectly and I feel like the fuse on the stereo would blow before that)

Extra information: When the sound went out, it also blew the fuse to my dashboard lights and parking lights twice(replaced it the same day, then the next day it blew again)
ShiroShini is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 55 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Stereo sound went out randomly

How did you check the wiring again?
Holmz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6 Days Ago   #3

Rep Power: 37 thref23 will become famous soon enoughthref23 will become famous soon enoughthref23 will become famous soon enoughthref23 will become famous soon enoughthref23 will become famous soon enoughthref23 will become famous soon enough

A lot of folk aren't going to get past the word Boss. Boss makes money by selling placebos to high school kids and the equivalent. Ideally, buy something different.

I know there are a lot of positive reviews on Amazon. Everything gets good reviews nowadays.
thref23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 6 Days Ago   #4
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 55 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thref23 View Post
A lot of folk aren't going to get past the word Boss. Boss makes money by selling placebos to high school kids and the equivalent. Ideally, buy something different.

I know there are a lot of positive reviews on Amazon. Everything gets good reviews nowadays.
Better to learn on a Boss.

All the fuses blowing out can also be closer to the battery... ?
Checking the I suppose is a start.

Something shorted somewhere, (a bigger fuse can turn the whole harness into a smoking mess, or a fire).

Best is a volt meter and someone that know what they are doing.
Old 6 Days Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 94 RRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thref23 View Post

Well, thats very helpful. OP, if you are having problems troubleshooting, take the simple route, and pull the unit out of the car, and bench test. If that goes well, you'll know the issue lies in your wiring somewhere. A little more information on your system setup will go a long way on here for those trying to help online as well. Many people come in looking for help, but the reality of it is, Its very difficult to do without being hands-on.

DEX P99rs / Zapco / Stereo Integrity / MECA Street 3rd place 2016 World Finals
RRizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6 Days Ago   #6

Rep Power: 87 syc0path will become famous soon enoughsyc0path will become famous soon enoughsyc0path will become famous soon enoughsyc0path will become famous soon enoughsyc0path will become famous soon enoughsyc0path will become famous soon enough

U'r not using the term "car stereo" correctly. The Boss in your system is more commonly referred to as a head unit, or HU for short. Just trying to help u learn the lingo, as it will make it easier for us to help u.

Anyway, is your Boss HU connected directly to the speakers? Or is it connected to an amp that powers the speakers?
syc0path is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6 Days Ago   #7

Rep Power: 0 ShiroShini will become famous soon enoughShiroShini will become famous soon enoughShiroShini will become famous soon enoughShiroShini will become famous soon enoughShiroShini will become famous soon enoughShiroShini will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRizz View Post
Well, thats very helpful. OP, if you are having problems troubleshooting, take the simple route, and pull the unit out of the car, and bench test. If that goes well, you'll know the issue lies in your wiring somewhere. A little more information on your system setup will go a long way on here for those trying to help online as well. Many people come in looking for help, but the reality of it is, Its very difficult to do without being hands-on.
I understand that. the car is an '03 Malibu. The HU is wired straight to the speakers and to an external amp that goes into a sub box.
ShiroShini is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6 Days Ago   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 190 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroShini View Post
I understand that. the car is an '03 Malibu. The HU is wired straight to the speakers and to an external amp that goes into a sub box.
My guess is one of the wire connections behind the HU came loose and it intermittently touching ground.

2018 Crosstrek
P SIX DSP MK2 GB10 GB25 Gs690 RM12 Z-2KD II
miniSQ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6 Days Ago   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
My guess is one of the wire connections behind the HU came loose and it intermittently touching ground.
The other candidates are where the wires go around sheet metal and through grommets. Same thing as above, but further away from the HU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement