please help choose best choice from these options - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2019   #1

Rep Power: 40 audiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enough

Default please help choose best choice from these options

Hi Guys,

things arent working well lately and I need to let go off my high end givings and choose my best option for a price performance setup.

which of the below options do you think will yield best results:

Option 1) Pioneer dmh-c2550nex with its internal dsp + LGV30 in via USB + Tidal

please note this unit is Hi Res capable but its crossover points are limited,it doesnt have independent L/R EQ but nonetheless it has L/R independent level to allow for level matching

or

Option 2) go with stock OEM Head unit but use a cheap entry level Helix Match DSP and either go OEM HU + LG V30 via aux or directly Aux into the DSP + Tidal

the match even though entry level does pretty much everything all the other Helix DSP's do I'am just worried about the quality through aux but then again the LG V30 DAC and SQ is pretty good isnt it ?

regarding speakers I found:

1) Focal PS165V30 brand new for very cheap 170 usd (they dont have fakes of this model either)

2) I found brand new set of Dynaudio MD102 tweeters too for fairly cheap 90 usd

my idea was utilize the midwoofer from the Focals and mate it with the Dyns and just sell the brand new crossovers and tweeters from the Focal set to compensate whats spent on the dyns

do you guys think these gents will get along ok?

I looked at the PS165V30 frequency graph and hell the mids look promising add to that the fact that md102s can be crossed pretty low (2200hz) and that most say its very detailed,open yet not harsh has me tempted
audiocholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019   #2

Rep Power: 40 audiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enough

Default Re: please help choose best choice from these options

btw I would rather have either the pioneer or the match not both at the same time for economical reasons but even if paired the match dsp is limited in sampling rate pretty much killing the pioneers potential
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3

come on guys a little help here..

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,300 Posts
Rep Power: 464 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

I would go with option 2

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Apicella Auto Sound | ResoNix Sound Solutions
New York Metro Area
Everyone moved over to Car Audio Junkies. See you there
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
audiocholic (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 72 Truthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enough

IME, sampling rates above CD quality are useless. I would go with the full function DSP route. The biggest SQ gains will be most dependent on the proper installation & tuning of the equipment used.

2019 IASCA North America Championship - 2nd Place Novice Class
2019 NY State Champion MECA Mod-Street
אני הדרך, האמת והחיים. אף אחד לא בא לאבא אלא דרכי - ישוע
Truthunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Truthunter For This Useful Post:
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6

thanks gentlemen,

and how about the ps165v30 along with the dynaudio md102 do you guys think its a wise step for a 2way?

I had in mind the best of both worlds (economically) a good midbass with a tweeter thats detailed ,not harsh,small in size for install but most importantly can be crossed low for beaming issues.

but dont really know how they will mate with each other
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 72 Truthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiocholic View Post
thanks gentlemen,

and how about the ps165v30 along with the dynaudio md102 do you guys think its a wise step for a 2way?

I had in mind the best of both worlds (economically) a good midbass with a tweeter thats detailed ,not harsh,small in size for install but most importantly can be crossed low for beaming issues.

but dont really know how they will mate with each other
Hopefully, someone with experience with those drivers can chime in... I have never used or heard them. But, as long as their freq response overlaps some then I don't see why they can't be properly mated using levels/eq on the DSP.

2019 IASCA North America Championship - 2nd Place Novice Class
2019 NY State Champion MECA Mod-Street
אני הדרך, האמת והחיים. אף אחד לא בא לאבא אלא דרכי - ישוע
Truthunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Truthunter For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement