Speakers popping when power is cut - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1

Rep Power: 20 Evl5150 will become famous soon enoughEvl5150 will become famous soon enoughEvl5150 will become famous soon enoughEvl5150 will become famous soon enoughEvl5150 will become famous soon enoughEvl5150 will become famous soon enough

Default Speakers popping when power is cut

I moved some items from my Jeep Grand Cherokee to my G6 and did a fresh install in the G6. The amplifiers are the same amps I had in the Jeep. The RF Prime 1200-D and the US Acoustics Barbara Ann. What I did was insert the RF 3Sixty.3 into the system and left out the Stinger 10F Hybrid cap. The head Unit is also the same one I had in the Jeep The Kenwood eXcelon X998.

I am fully active. The G6 has RAP (retained accessory power) and I am using an Axxcess wire harness to retain all of the factory options like warning chimes and the RAP. The Barbara Ann had to be sent off for repair so while it was gone I used a 4 channel amp of my sisters. It is a Quantum Audio Solar series amp. It worked with no issues, was loud and clear. When I got the US Acoustics back I swapped the amplifiers. I reset all levels in the DSP and set the gains.

Now when I shut the car off with the key and the radio continues to play as it should, I open the drivers door which cuts power to the radio as it should and a split second later POP!! Through the mids and highs only. It also pops if I shut the head unit off. I have checked all grounds and they are tight. I checked all power cables and they are tight. The remote wire goes from the head unit to the DSP remote in and from the remote out on the DSP to both amps. I tried different routing of the remote wire such as directly to the 4 channel amp and no change, still get the pop. Again, the Quantum Audio amp did not pop at all.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is putting the Cap back in the signal chain. I know this amplifier did not pop when the Cap was in the system... the system was dead quiet. Anyone know anything else I can try to get this system to stop popping when I turn the key off?
Evl5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 104 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Speakers popping when power is cut

Put a delay on the remote turn on/off. I'm not familiar with the 3sixty.3 but other DSP's have this option built in to combat your exact issue.

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Theslaking For This Useful Post:
Evl5150 (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3

Rep Power: 20 Evl5150 will become famous soon enoughEvl5150 will become famous soon enoughEvl5150 will become famous soon enoughEvl5150 will become famous soon enoughEvl5150 will become famous soon enoughEvl5150 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
Put a delay on the remote turn on/off. I'm not familiar with the 3sixty.3 but other DSP's have this Orion built in to combat your exact issue.
I just read the manual... there is a delay setting for delaying the turn on of the amplifiers but nothing about turning them off. I am going to go adjust it now and hopefully whatever delay I put for the turn on will affect the turn off as well.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
Put a delay on the remote turn on/off. I'm not familiar with the 3sixty.3 but other DSP's have this Orion built in to combat your exact issue.
You are a genius!! The manual only speaks of a turn on delay but when the laptop is hooked up there is an option for the turn off delay. I set it to 4 seconds and she does not pop no more!!! Thank you for the suggestion, it was right on the money!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement