No sound from midwoofer, noobish question. - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1

Rep Power: 0 HMSTerror will become famous soon enoughHMSTerror will become famous soon enoughHMSTerror will become famous soon enoughHMSTerror will become famous soon enoughHMSTerror will become famous soon enoughHMSTerror will become famous soon enough

Default No sound from midwoofer, noobish question.

Hi friends, I am hoping you can help me with my first install. I have a pioneer HU (using their sync app / network mode / hardware as my crossover) going to a RD400/4 amp , powering 2 5.5 silverflutes and 2 seas prestige tweeters. My issue is confusing me a bit, my right midwoofer is producing no sound. Amp is set to 4 channel and stereo. If I take the left channel (working rca) and put it in the right channel amp instead of either sound or no sound, i continue to get sound out of the left woofer . (nothing is crossed, i thought maybe a terminal popped off but it doesnt make sense the right channel is getting a knowing working signal but still plays left). Things to note, amp I bought used, I have the main woofer rcas connected to HU but nothing connected to them on the other end yet. (bought a shallow 10" dayton that arrives tomorrow) . Thanks guys sorry for the beginner question.
HMSTerror is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 71 Truthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enough

Default Re: No sound from midwoofer, noobish question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSTerror View Post
If I take the left channel (working rca) and put it in the right channel amp instead of either sound or no sound, i continue to get sound out of the left woofer . (nothing is crossed, i thought maybe a terminal popped off but it doesnt make sense the right channel is getting a knowing working signal but still plays left).
So your taking the rca out of the amps input for the left woofer channel and plugging it into the right woofer channel input so there is nothing plugged into the left woofer channel input?.. Yet your still getting sound out of the left woofer?

2019 IASCA North America Championship - 2nd Place Novice Class
2019 NY State Champion MECA Mod-Street
אני הדרך, האמת והחיים. אף אחד לא בא לאבא אלא דרכי - ישוע
Truthunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 377 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like you also hooked up the high level wires through your cars harness and the head unit is just sending signal to your speakers that way, the RCA's aren't doing anything. If I understand your issue correctly.
gijoe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4

Rep Power: 0 HMSTerror will become famous soon enoughHMSTerror will become famous soon enoughHMSTerror will become famous soon enoughHMSTerror will become famous soon enoughHMSTerror will become famous soon enoughHMSTerror will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
It sounds like you also hooked up the high level wires through your cars harness and the head unit is just sending signal to your speakers that way, the RCA's aren't doing anything. If I understand your issue correctly.
The fronts are disconnected at the harness (plugs into kick panel) At the actual metra harness I believe the rears are still connected but shouldnt have all rcas plugged in ignore the rears? ill remove the rear oem blown speakers and try again. As for others yes the Hu left mid channel (reartop white) going to my amps left channel midwoofer I plugged into my amps right rca and sound still comes out of the left woofer
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 377 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a multimeter? You can test for voltage on the RCA's to know if there is a signal on them.
gijoe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6

So removed rears (had to sound deaden those ext cab doors anyway) removed amp and tested stock speakers on their own without amp and everything worked. Then tested the rcas coming out the Hu with a multimeter. Everything once again was fine. Opened up the amp looking for repairs and everything looked clean. Went back to the headunit to make sure signals coming from rcas were not getting lose or... Oh the Head units left and right RCAs are side by side. The amp is top and bottom for left and right. I had them also side by side. Im putting down the beer for the evening. Thanks guys. Well thats why i am posting in the ask noobish questions here I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement