Admins Settle Skizer's Account or We're All Leaving - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 104 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

Default Admins Settle Skizer's Account or We're All Leaving

Really this is ridiculous. You've lost paying customers because your not answering him. I know this particular forum isn't a huge bread winner but it generates a lot more traffic than plenty of your other sites. So why do you suddenly ignore us?

I'm going to leave if your in the business of ripping people off. I don't know that you did because there's been no response. Which is almost worse than strong-arming someone.

You guys haven't responded to any of our inquiry.
You guys haven't responded to the threads we started in the sub-forum you told us to post admin related stuff in.

You actually have a legal obligation to provide a certain amount of customer service based on your business model. And since your business requires administrative duties well......

Banning someone for calling out questionable practices referring to a business they are part of or are employed by may fall under whistleblower protection.

Anyone that no longer wants to support a business that rips off it's customers off please chime in.

Let's see if they respond to a formal complaint.

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Theslaking For This Useful Post:
-Kyle- (2 Weeks Ago), Alfa Guy (2 Weeks Ago), DavidRam (2 Weeks Ago), Uncle Lizard (2 Weeks Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,297 Posts
Rep Power: 463 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Admins Settle Skizer's Account or We're All Leaving

Thanks for the support. My account is at least active again lol. But we still dont have what the extorted me for in the first place.. ability to have a meaningful signature. This has also effected other members who have helpful links in their sig, like Jazzi.
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 96 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

You got my vote, this shit's outta control...

2018 Jeep GC - AF GB10s, GB25s, GS690s, Zapco & Mosconi amps, (2) AF GB12s, Helix Pro MK2 & Director, Fiio X5
My wife was furious when she overheard me say I want to do a 3 way in my Jeep
DavidRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 341 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, how hard can this be????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5

Rep Power: 82 jimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enoughjimmydee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
Seriously, how hard can this be????
It's hard... when you just don't care.

jimmydee is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6

Rep Power: 18 carlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enough

What’s all this about?
Sorry I just came across this post and really would like to know what’s the back story on this
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlthess40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 171 banshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enoughbanshee28 will become famous soon enough

Yea just really crazy if you ask me... But Hey I DO have a question for the Forum or anyone here that knows the answer to.

I signed up for the Upgraded Membership just over 2 years ago. I guess I forgot that auto-renews through pay-pal unless I stop it! Well I just checked and it just renewed for another 2 years last month!

Do they give pro-rated refunds if I want to cancel it, or does it just have to ride it out now? its not a big deal, but I could use that money in other "places" .
banshee28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Rep Power: 463 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlthess40 View Post
What’s all this about?
Sorry I just came across this post and really would like to know what’s the back story on this
Thanks

Forum was started by a guy with the username of NPDang. Back then (before my time) it was all about finding equipment that was the best bang for your buck and objective testing. Then a guy named Ant bought it. Forum went downhill a bit, but was still mostly fine. Then he sold it to a company called Verticalscope. They are a company that owns MANY forums on the internet, and i can promise that you have been on one of their forums before. They dont give a rats ass what goes on, so long as they dont have to spend time dealing with their forums, and can collect their ad revenue. Back in 2017, 6 years and 13 thousand posts after joining this forum, i was banned without notice for having my logo in my signature, and forced to pay $500 a year for a vendor membership, even though i wasnt explicitly advertising here, or selling product here, also while there were tons of other installers posting their work here. I was just a kid doing installs out of his parents driveway to try to get by in life. I paid that $500 bucks for a years membership. They did this same thing to many other members who they suspected to be installers. They even did it to guys who werent even in the industry but they thought they might be! It was a money grabbing shit show. The only thing the owners of this place do, is pop in once every few weeks to check the site issues section, answer questions or post an update if needed, and move on. Fast forward to today, i still pay that membership. But, about a month or two ago, the owners announced that they will be moving the forum to a different platform. They have done this already on some of the other forums they own and it is ATROCIOUS. The members hate it and eventually stop going there all together. Verticalscope doesnt care because it makes things easier for them and probably generates more ad revenue. Everyone bitched. It seems like Verticalscope may have listened, and decided to delay the change, then delay it again and is currently TBD on when (or if) it will roll out. That same week, the entire forum started getting buggy. Most importantly to this situation, vendor accounts are all fucked up. When you pay for a vendor account, they provide these bullet points as a description of what you are paying for..

Quote:
DIYMA Official Vendor Upgrade
This DIYMA advertisement is a forum membership title upgrade from "Registered Member" to "Approved Vendor".

*Vendors will not be allowed to post business related threads in our forums without this upgrade.
Supporting DIYMA Vendors get the following upgrades to their DIYMA forum permissions:

• Less Google & eBay ads
• Access to hidden DIYMA forums
• Permission to post specials in the classifieds forums
• Increased PM Box limit to 2500 (increased from 100)
• Vendor Banner under your DIYMA user name (lets everyone know you contributed)
• Instant access to vendor giveaways (no minimum join date required to qualify)
• Ads placed in Classifieds forum automatically get upgraded to Featured Status
• User name in green (lets everyone know you are a supporting vendor)
• Permission to post specials in the vendor section (Vendors are not permitted to offer promotional give-aways)

Once you sign up as a Supporting DIYMA Vendor your account will get upgraded permissions and you will be able to post specials in our vendors section as well as offer technical support for your product or service in our forum. This is the easiest and least expensive way to reach a targeted audience.

Remember my signature being the reason they banned me in the first place since they considered it advertising even though it wasnt selling product? well, our signatures disappeared, and are unable to be used in the same manner as before. Images (and links too?) arent able to be uploaded to the signature and essentially makes my upgrade worthless in the regard for what they originally banned me for. Since then, i have also started a sound deadening company so i am fully for paying the vendor fee now, but back then when i was just a kid working on his driveway helping the members of the forum i thought it was BS. So yeah, i used to have a nice, elaborate signature with links to both my shops website, as well as my sound deadening companies website. Both gone and unable to be re-installed into my signature at the moment. Couple that with the fact that the vendor banner (at least on my end) doesnt show, my PM limits have been fluctuating for some reason, and my name isnt in green (big deal, but still. i fucking paid for it.). Ads also dont get bumped up to "featured" automatically since they removed that feature of the forum as a whole. So when this all happened, i complained, since i, and other paying vendors obviously werent getting what we paid for. Of course i was the only one to speak up, but thats besides the point, we werent getting what we paid for. They refused to acknowlege my complaint. So i posted more. No dice. Posted and messaged. No dice. Emailed. No dice. Called, no answer. called again. no answer.... you get the point. Then, i said fuck it, lets get everyone onto another forum that has the same members with an owner that actually gives a shit and make that the new active sound quality based car audio forum.. so i made a thread inviting others to join the other forum. When the owners signed on a week later and saw it, then "unregistered" my account. This means not only can i not post, but no one can search for my posts. Essentially, they wanted to wipe me from the forum. So, i tried to do a chargeback via paypal. missed the deadline by 2 fucking weeks. that sucked. So i called again and again and finally got a nice guy on the phone named Humza (thanks Humza, you are cool) who was able to help me out. It took a couple days but they finally restored my account, but only after making other accounts and bringing attention to what was going on. Its insane. This place is fucked, Verticalscope is fucked. Fuck them, except for you Humza. I'd buy you a beer but you guys are in canada. Also, fuck Verticalscope one more time. Unregistered again in 3...2...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
cmusic (2 Weeks Ago), rmenergy (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee28 View Post
Yea just really crazy if you ask me... But Hey I DO have a question for the Forum or anyone here that knows the answer to.

I signed up for the Upgraded Membership just over 2 years ago. I guess I forgot that auto-renews through pay-pal unless I stop it! Well I just checked and it just renewed for another 2 years last month!

Do they give pro-rated refunds if I want to cancel it, or does it just have to ride it out now? its not a big deal, but I could use that money in other "places" .
they will not answer you, period. you will have to call paypal and file a claim.
The Following User Says Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
banshee28 (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 64 Grinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enough

I'm all but gone already. Barely hanging by a thread.

See y'all at CAJ!

Last edited by Grinder; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:01 PM..
Grinder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 98 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about

... hey what special forums??

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Jscoyne2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
... hey what special forums??

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
honestly, no idea. so yeah, that too
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

ROCKY TOP

Rep Power: 124 gumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enough

Default Admins Settle Skizer's Account or We're All Leaving

WHAT A BUNCH OF F’ING BS!!! WHY CANT THEY LEAVE US ALONE AND JUST DO THERE JOB. NICK I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING ALL OF MY QUESTIONS I HAVD SENT YOU IN THE PAST SOME DUMBER THAN OTHERS, LOL! IMO U R ONE OF THE MOST VALUABLE MEMBERS ON THIS SITE!! FUCK’EM!!’

gumbeelee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to gumbeelee For This Useful Post:
Alfa Guy (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 105 Porgy will become famous soon enoughPorgy will become famous soon enoughPorgy will become famous soon enoughPorgy will become famous soon enoughPorgy will become famous soon enoughPorgy will become famous soon enough

I hope you spam links to new forum when people start leaving.
Porgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 33 RockamyZ will become famous soon enoughRockamyZ will become famous soon enoughRockamyZ will become famous soon enoughRockamyZ will become famous soon enoughRockamyZ will become famous soon enoughRockamyZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
I'm all but gone already. Barely hanging by a thread.

See y'all at CAJ!

Car Audio Junkies I presume?.....3...2...1...
RockamyZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 64 Grinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enoughGrinder will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockamyZ View Post
Car Audio Junkies I presume?.....3...2...1...
BINGO!!!

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/
Grinder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #17

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

well, i got a refund, so looks like your thread may have been the push they needed. Thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (2 Weeks Ago), nyquistrate (2 Weeks Ago), Uncle Lizard (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #18

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 631 BigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond reputeBigAl205 has a reputation beyond repute

So does that mean you're all staying?
BigAl205 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #19

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 84 JCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
well, i got a refund, so looks like your thread may have been the push they needed. Thanks.
Well this makes me happy to learn that you got your money back. I’m hoping that the whole removal of the signatures and vendor status thing doesn’t hurt your businesses Nick.

Sienna SB29 Focal PS165V Alpine SWS10 Mazda CX5 AF GB15 AF GB60 AF GB12 Ford F150 AF GB10 JLC5 Sundown SD310.
JCsAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #20

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
No, lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Apicella Auto Sound | ResoNix Sound Solutions
New York Metro Area
Everyone moved over to Car Audio Junkies. See you there
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #21
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 104 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I really hope it did. Not just because of you, but because that would mean the admin's are not total jackass's and listen. Still don't respond. But hey progress often comes in tiny increments.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #22

Rep Power: 0 Alfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
Not until you straighten my situation out.
Alfa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #23
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Who's this new guy acting like he's need straightening?

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #24

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Guy View Post
Not until you straighten my situation out.
That has nothing to do with him.. it's the site owners

Apicella Auto Sound | ResoNix Sound Solutions
New York Metro Area
Everyone moved over to Car Audio Junkies. See you there
The Following User Says Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
carlthess40 (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

ROCKY TOP

Rep Power: 124 gumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That has nothing to do with him.. it's the site owners

I JUST CANT IMAGINE NOT SEEING SkizeR on DIYMA, this site has royally fucked up and it honestly makes me fucking sad for all of the shit i have learned on here

gumbeelee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement