Who built these f150 pillars - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 74 drop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enough

Default Who built these f150 pillars

Anyone know who built these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KqrPl9i_1572014645290.jpg (1.07 MB, 45 views)
drop1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
MSC America / Mobile Solutions
Position:
Director of Technical Support and Training

Rep Power: 105 dobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enoughdobslob will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Who built these f150 pillars

That looks a lot like some I've seen from Mobile Toys in College Station, TX, but I'm not sure they built these.

Doug Dobson
Director of Technical Support MSC America
P 480.372.2929 C 480.466.6024
dobslob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 116 kanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enoughkanadian-kaos will become famous soon enough

mti acoustics

2016 Ford F150 Supercrew Sport: Soundstream Ref 5.1000 (Front High +sub) - Soundstream RN4.1400D(Rear and MB) - DSP 408 - Audio Control DQXS - JL 12TW3 - Image dynamics XS28 + X69, Scanspeak 10f, CTX65 (rear).
kanadian-kaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 74 drop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobslob View Post
That looks a lot like some I've seen from Mobile Toys in College Station, TX, but I'm not sure they built these.
That sounds about right from the original post if my memory is working correctly today.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5

Rep Power: 62 jdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enough

Ya those are Dominics and that was Mobile Toys out of college station

About $1000 to get done.
https://www.mtiacoustics.com/product...stage-upgrades

2014 F150 Limited -> Factory HU programmed for 4v outputs -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, SI TM65 mk3, & JL TW3. Rears: SB17's. Resonix 35% CLD and 100% CCF, 100% MLV, Soon: PDX-F6 and SI M3 in Valicar Stuttgart pods
jdunk54nl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 142 billw will become famous soon enoughbillw will become famous soon enoughbillw will become famous soon enoughbillw will become famous soon enoughbillw will become famous soon enoughbillw will become famous soon enough

Definitely Mobile Toys

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...-post2167.html
billw is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 119 diy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enough

wow you guys better than our federal agents!

diy.phil

Last edited by diy.phil; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:10 PM..
diy.phil is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunk54nl View Post
Ya those are Dominics and that was Mobile Toys out of college station

About $1000 to get done.
https://www.mtiacoustics.com/product...stage-upgrades
I'd I remember right he got a deal. I have my own drivers..$1000 would be fantastic for that!

Problem is I cant send my truck there. I could rent one for them to use though and ship them the pillars.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9

Enthusiast

Wonder is anyone has used 4 gb25s in the pillars. I'm sure thinking about it!
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10

Rep Power: 89 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Those look nice but I wonder how well they sound with the tweeters so far back in that corner. Based on the link though, they will do what is asked for a fairly reasonable price given the quality and time those would take.
dgage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 121 EmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enoughEmptyKim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop1 View Post
I'd I remember right he got a deal. I have my own drivers..$1000 would be fantastic for that!

Problem is I cant send my truck there. I could rent one for them to use though and ship them the pillars.
I'm sure they have enough templates that they don't need your truck there to do your pillars. They even have an option for them to provide the pillar so you can go back to OEM.
EmptyKim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyKim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drop1 View Post

I'm sure they have enough templates that they don't need your truck there to do your pillars. They even have an option for them to provide the pillar so you can go back to OEM.
Thats cool. Sounds like a good shop.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post
Those look nice but I wonder how well they sound with the tweeters so far back in that corner. Based on the link though, they will do what is asked for a fairly reasonable price given the quality and time those would take.
I originally had the gb 10 oem tweeters in the factory locations which are tucked even further and more off axis. Being that at that time I was only running a 2 way it was lacking in the midrange a bit but the highs were good. Now that I'll have the gb 25s I have no doubt that the tweeters would be fine there or even the stock location. In fact, now that I have them in pods the gb 10s roll off earlier than they did in the stock locations.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14

Rep Power: 40 ajb1205 will become famous soon enoughajb1205 will become famous soon enoughajb1205 will become famous soon enoughajb1205 will become famous soon enoughajb1205 will become famous soon enoughajb1205 will become famous soon enough

If you are at all handy, you can fab something very similar for a fraction of the price. I put these together and was the first time ever using fiberglass. Total cost was under $200 plus my time.

My goal was to keep it as "stock" looking as possible without blocking any fields of view.
ajb1205 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15

Rep Power: 62 jdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enoughjdunk54nl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb1205 View Post
If you are at all handy, you can fab something very similar for a fraction of the price. I put these together and was the first time ever using fiberglass. Total cost was under $200 plus my time.

My goal was to keep it as "stock" looking as possible without blocking any fields of view.
Those do look nice, and don't take this the wrong way, but not as nice as the Mobile Toys, the ones SkizeR, and/or the ones Steve Cook post (and quite a few others). Those are a class above.

For my time and the quality I receive, the pillars are worth the cost (not that I have gotten any done but I would love to).

Although, since mobile solutions is in my back yard....I am really tempted to take some of their classes, but they are quite expensive.

2014 F150 Limited -> Factory HU programmed for 4v outputs -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, SI TM65 mk3, & JL TW3. Rears: SB17's. Resonix 35% CLD and 100% CCF, 100% MLV, Soon: PDX-F6 and SI M3 in Valicar Stuttgart pods
jdunk54nl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb1205 View Post

I want almost exactly the ones I posted in the original post.

The way they did them, the speakers are as far apart as possible keeping the stage wider.
That's something I miss now that I have pods. The stage is narrower. When I had the tweets in the stock locations my stage sounded wider than the truck. With pods is sounds much more narrow.
I wish I could get the 25s in my doors but theres no way. I could possibly do the sails though.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #17

Rep Power: 0 itwilldo will become famous soon enoughitwilldo will become famous soon enoughitwilldo will become famous soon enoughitwilldo will become famous soon enoughitwilldo will become famous soon enoughitwilldo will become famous soon enough

I called Mobile Toys and I was given a quote of 1200.00 to 1400.00 with my speakers. I saw the same A Pillars on Instagram. I saw a set made by kozkreation on Instagram that I like. So their are many people that will do a very good job with fabrication. It's finding the right shop at a price you are willing to pay. But it has been said "You get what you pay for".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191026_230636.jpg (440.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20191026_230703.jpg (266.3 KB, 14 views)
itwilldo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #18

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwilldo View Post
I called Mobile Toys and I was given a quote of 1200.00 to 1400.00 with my speakers. I saw the same A Pillars on Instagram. I saw a set made by kozkreation on Instagram that I like. So their are many people that will do a very good job with fabrication. It's finding the right shop at a price you are willing to pay. But it has been said "You get what you pay for".
What I really want is mids in the sails , tweeters in the pillars but that would cost a fortune. I'm not wanting to spend $2500 on install.
I'd pay $1200 for the ones I posted though amd be happy about it.

They havent responded to email and the number listed on the net isnt correct it seems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement