GB 3 way vs focal k 3way - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 74 drop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enough

Default GB 3 way vs focal k 3way

I'm considering ditching my frog 3 ways for the focal k series 3 ways.

Being that all I listen to is dance and a little rock and pop I feel like the loudness factor of the focals would better suit my needs.

Thoughts?
drop1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 98 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough

Frogs >
ToNasty is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3

Rep Power: 89 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Default Re: GB 3 way vs focal k 3way

Comparing the midranges, the Focal has better sensitivity but has less power handling and much less excursion. So I’d say the Audiofrogs.
dgage is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 341 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop1 View Post
I'm considering ditching my frog 3 ways for the focal k series 3 ways.

Being that all I listen to is dance and a little rock and pop I feel like the loudness factor of the focals would better suit my needs.

Thoughts?
Honestly, after reading the countless threads you have, you should go PRO audio and/or Horns. You are saying you want SQ, but at what most would consider ear-piercing levels. You can't get this from standard speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5

Rep Power: 89 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
Honestly, after reading the countless threads you have, you should go PRO audio and/or Horns. You are saying you want SQ, but at what most would consider ear-piercing levels. You can't get this from standard speakers.
Very true. Unfortunately, pro audio also means large speakers and usually large enclosures. And unfortunately, Drop1 probably has the wrong vehicle for his desires as he needs more room for speakers and subs. The midranges on my home theater speakers are a pair of 12s that play down to 80 Hz because the horn-loaded compression driver is over 100dB sensitive and needs the pair of 12s just to keep up. Then again, to your point, I tell people most speakers get unhappy when you turn them up too much but with my speakers you’ll be unhappy before they are since they are so loud, yet still detailed and articulate.

I vote Drop1 goes to an Excursion or Suburban XL. Lol! So much nicer to try to spend someone else’s money. Glad I could help Drop.
dgage is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 59 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

This guy needs Stevens large body horns and mb8s with some watts
dcfis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,300 Posts
Rep Power: 464 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

What's a loudness factor? Why not look at sensitivity vs mechanical/thermal power handling to get an idea of output potential

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Apicella Auto Sound | ResoNix Sound Solutions
New York Metro Area
Everyone moved over to Car Audio Junkies. See you there
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement