Headunit issue - blank screen! - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1

Rep Power: 20 EFMax will become famous soon enoughEFMax will become famous soon enoughEFMax will become famous soon enoughEFMax will become famous soon enoughEFMax will become famous soon enoughEFMax will become famous soon enough

Default Headunit issue - blank screen!

Pioneer DEX P99RS.

I have had this unit in my car setup for about 18months with zero issues - today I reset the clock to allow for daylight saving hours - all good, off I went and everything was normal.

Come back home, park up, take the face-plate off as normal.

Go back out to the car about an hour later, put the face-plate back in as normal - and NOTHING.

I check the 2nd battery - 12.9v.
I check the two circuit breakers (one at each end of the split charge) no issues.

There are no fuses in the circuit, just circuit breakers and they are all good.

Headunit is not switching on.

Press the reset switch on the headunit - nothing.

What am I missing as this is weird and has never happened before as I cannot power up nor can I take the face-plate off.

Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Pioneer DEX P99RS Headunit - CD Multi-Player XDV P9 - Hybrid Audio U1A & U5A Amps - Audison Prima APX4 & Prima APS 8R 8" Front Door Speakers - 2x MTX T6/15" in my own specially designed 7CuFt (200L) AMG 3 Chamber Dual Reflex Bass Box.
EFMax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2

Rep Power: 18 carlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Headunit issue - blank screen!

Do you have a test light to see if you have power at the back of the Head Unit at the wire plug ? It may also be the ribbon cable from the head unit to face plate controller
That’s a very common problem with head units that have a flip out face plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlthess40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 377 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking it was the ribbon cable, but I don't remember if there is a way to remove the faceplate without power. If you can get the faceplate off, start by cleaning the contacts on the faceplate and stereo with a pencil eraser.
gijoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 1 Week Ago   #4

Rep Power: 20 EFMax will become famous soon enoughEFMax will become famous soon enoughEFMax will become famous soon enoughEFMax will become famous soon enoughEFMax will become famous soon enoughEFMax will become famous soon enough

I gave up in the end - took the whole thing out and had it sent off to an official Pioneer audio repair place as the face-plate was not coming off and I did not want to go all crazy on it and make things worse.

Pioneer DEX P99RS Headunit - CD Multi-Player XDV P9 - Hybrid Audio U1A & U5A Amps - Audison Prima APX4 & Prima APS 8R 8" Front Door Speakers - 2x MTX T6/15" in my own specially designed 7CuFt (200L) AMG 3 Chamber Dual Reflex Bass Box.
Old 4 Days Ago   #5

UPDATE - 07/11-2019

Got my headunit back today £94 lighter and this message

On internal inspection, we found a small piece of copper wire loose inside the radio and behind the power connector block. Copper wire has been removed, unit tested and found to be okay and powered up - unit is now okay.

I AM LOST FOR WORDS.

Old 4 Days Ago   #6

Rep Power: 18 carlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enoughcarlthess40 will become famous soon enough

That sucks. Lol. Any way you now have a working headunit

carlthess40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlthess40 View Post
That sucks. Lol. Anyway you now have a working headunit

The thing that gets me is, I have never opened this unit - and I would not - so how this wire got in there is strange - I have to assume that it must have been there since it left the factory and if that is the case then that is poor quality control.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement