Audiocontrol LC2i freq response - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 DaveGY will become famous soon enoughDaveGY will become famous soon enoughDaveGY will become famous soon enoughDaveGY will become famous soon enoughDaveGY will become famous soon enoughDaveGY will become famous soon enough

Default Audiocontrol LC2i freq response

Happy Monday all. I am planning on adding a subwoofer/amp combo to my Ford Fusion. I don't want to replace the factory head unit, so I was planning on using an audiocontrol LC2i. Come to find out, the LC2i has an 18db/octave high pass filter set at 33hz. My first instinct was to return it and get the 7i version that does not have the filter -- but now I'm thinking otherwise. I have a vented box tuned to 30hz. The sub/box combo is modeled to have a bit of a spike - 6db or so - right around 33-35hz . Couple that with cabin gain [I do not know where this will 'start'] do you think it would be worthwhile to get the much more expensive LC7i? I am not planning on adding any additional amps.

Conversely, has anyone attempted to defeat the passive filter in the LC2i? Thanks!
DaveGY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 119 diy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Audiocontrol LC2i freq response

that's strange/interesting. The manual/specs said 10 Hz to 100 kHz, +- 1dB. Where did you see this filter?

Edit: normally they say to use the Main Outputs (not the bass outputs, probably skips all those fancy features but just using it as a high-power converter)

diy.phil
diy.phil is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 DaveGY will become famous soon enoughDaveGY will become famous soon enoughDaveGY will become famous soon enoughDaveGY will become famous soon enoughDaveGY will become famous soon enoughDaveGY will become famous soon enough

It is in the literature for the unit. The other models (lc6i, lc7i, lc8i) do have frequency response down to 10hz. A rep from audiocontrol replied to an email I sent about it. It is not bypass-able and the frequency isn't changeable with the PFM modules they sell.

I'm just wondering if I will get ANY response down low.
DaveGY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 377 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a ported box tuned to 30hz, you're not going to want to ask it to play anything below that anyway, so the HPF at 33hz isn't going to be a real problem. It's not ideal, and could get in the way in the event you want to build a sub to dig lower, but it's set right about where you'd want to add a subsonic filter anyway.
gijoe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 119 diy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enoughdiy.phil will become famous soon enough

oh yeah, I just looked and the new manual/specs online now says 33Hz. Mine is from a few years ago (the 10 to 100k version, silver color type).

diy.phil
diy.phil is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement