Brahma 12 questions and review - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: louisiana
Posts: 1,985

Thanks: 1
Thanked 168 Times in 124 Posts
Rep Power: 74 drop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default

Well my brahma 12 arrived. I've included a non eqed measurement.

I'm pretty disappointed in output. With its throw I was hoping it would be in the ballpark of a ported w6 12. That's just not the case. My last w612 absolutely pounded when I wanted it. That may not seem like a fair comparison to judge 1 12 sealed vs 1 ported but the brahma has a ton more xmax.
It's nowhere near enough output for me sealed.

I've tuned it a bit and smoothed out the response. It didnt take much.


The good. Its clean. Very , very clean. Nice texture.

I can tell its moving some air. It bounces my windshield wipers more than 2 frog gb10s in a ported enclosure but sounds like around about half of the output.

It has no problem hitting any note thrown at it with grace and authority. It's a really solid sq sub.

The bad. I never imagined it would bottom out so quickly on 1200w.
I feel like as soon as it starts getting to the output I want its reaching its mechnail limits.

If I'm going to keep it I am definilty going to have to find a way to port it .

1v1 a gb 10 vs the brahma 12 I feel like output sounds to be about the same. That makes no need sense to me but I am guessing it's due to how clean the brahma is.
I feel like the gb 10 with almost half the xmax actually felt tighter and more punchy with a firmer blow to the chest.

I know I'm just expecting too much from a sealed 12. It reminds me of the w7 8. I was expecting a LOT more output.

If you're in the market for a super clean 12 that can deliver great bass at normal sq levels is have no problem recommending the brahma.

If you are looking for a single sub solution for sql I dont believe this is it.

In all fairness the box is a bit small at .66 but I will try a larger enclosure and a ported enclosure before I give up and will return to this thread with my thoughts, but as of right now I'm back to searching for a 12 with more ouput.


If any of you are familiar how would you compare the brahma 12 to a jlw7 12 in terms of output?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brahma.jpg (56.4 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by drop1; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:32 PM..
drop1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Worcester MA
Age: 44
Posts: 1,509

Thanks: 174
Thanked 407 Times in 339 Posts
Rep Power: 84 JCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (10)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

The only subwoofer that I had that could outdo my ported GB12 in perceived SPL was my ported Sundown SA12. That stupid thing on 1200 watts was insane! You might want to look at least a Sundown SA series, maybe something even more powerful with three times the amplifier power. Also, sealed my GB12 is borderline anemic compared to it ported because that is to be expected of any sealed vs properly ported configuration. Actually my ported Sundown SD310 in my truck is impressive because it goes so low and seems to have that just right sound. The SA series has more distortion but thatís not necessarily a bad thing in a subwoofer. I never had a JL W6 (but listened to them) but I have owned a few of their lower models and they never disappointed.

Iím pretty sure youíre more of an SPL guy and I think 1200 watts with one 12 sealed just ainít going to cut it for you no matter the brand. Your perception of the W6 being superior I think is off since so much time has gone by since that time you owned it. I had an opportunity to listen to a pair of sealed W6 and they were comparable to my GB12 ported. You also have to give that Brama time to break in. All subwoofers get louder as their suspension breaks in.

Sienna SB29 Focal PS165V Alpine SWS10 Mazda CX5 AF GB15 AF GB60 AF GB12 Ford F150 AF GB10 JLC5 Sundown SD310.
JCsAudio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: louisiana
Posts: 1,985

Thanks: 1
Thanked 168 Times in 124 Posts
Rep Power: 74 drop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
The only subwoofer that I had that could outdo my ported GB12 in perceived SPL was my ported Sundown SA12. That stupid thing on 1200 watts was insane! You might want to look at least a Sundown SA series, maybe something even more powerful with three times the amplifier power. Also, sealed my GB12 is borderline anemic compared to it ported because that is to be expected of any sealed vs properly ported configuration. Actually my ported Sundown SD310 in my truck is impressive because it goes so low and seems to have that just right sound. The SA series has more distortion but that’s not necessarily a bad thing in a subwoofer. I never had a JL W6 (but listened to them) but I have owned a few of their lower models and they never disappointed.

I’m pretty sure you’re more of an SPL guy and I think 1200 watts with one 12 sealed just ain’t going to cut it for you no matter the brand. Your perception of the W6 being superior I think is off since so much time has gone by since that time you owned it. I had an opportunity to listen to a pair of sealed W6 and they were comparable to my GB12 ported. You also have to give that Brama time to break in. All subwoofers get louder as their suspension breaks in.
My time with w6 12s was extensive. Ive run them since v1. 2 ported w6 v2s could suck the roof of my explorer in almost 2 inches on 1000w. Of course the tuning was around 40hz.

In my last truck, 1 w6 12 v3 was more than enough and those focal utopias the subs were mated to had 460w per side available to them. The sub had no issues keeping up. The Brahma is barely keeping up the the frog gb's. BARELY. I cannot turn the volume up to what I normally could without the sub giving up. I'm not used to having subs quit before the mids. I've never had this issue before .

I dont think think the w6 is "better" driver by any means. I just know their ouput capability.

I haven't given up. I'm going to throw a couple thousand more watts at this brahma and see if I can get a bit more out of it. Finding a way to port it is turning out to be a real pain though due to box design limitations.
drop1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
 
Newbie
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 149

Thanks: 0
Thanked 59 Times in 46 Posts
Rep Power: 34 Patriot83 will become famous soon enoughPatriot83 will become famous soon enoughPatriot83 will become famous soon enoughPatriot83 will become famous soon enoughPatriot83 will become famous soon enoughPatriot83 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop1 View Post
My time with w6 12s was extensive. Ive run them since v1. 2 ported w6 v2s could suck the roof of my explorer in almost 2 inches on 1000w. Of course the tuning was around 40hz.

In my last truck, 1 w6 12 v3 was more than enough and those focal utopias the subs were mated to had 460w per side available to them. The sub had no issues keeping up. The Brahma is barely keeping up the the frog gb's. BARELY. I cannot turn the volume up to what I normally could without the sub giving up. I'm not used to having subs quit before the mids. I've never had this issue before .

I dont think think the w6 is "better" driver by any means. I just know their ouput capability.

I haven't given up. I'm going to throw a couple thousand more watts at this brahma and see if I can get a bit more out of it. Finding a way to port it is turning out to be a real pain though due to box design limitations.
What amp are you using with it? If it's bottoming out on 1200 watts, will more watts help with that?
Patriot83 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
 
Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New york
Posts: 381

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Technician

Thanks: 5
Thanked 103 Times in 90 Posts
Rep Power: 52 Mullings will become famous soon enoughMullings will become famous soon enoughMullings will become famous soon enoughMullings will become famous soon enoughMullings will become famous soon enoughMullings will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default

I think the enclosure is too small, why did you switch from the w6v3?
Mullings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
 
Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San jose, ca
Posts: 1,266

Thanks: 42
Thanked 165 Times in 148 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (9)



Default

Enclosure is for sure to small. And again with this type of sub as I and others said. It wont sound as loud but on the meter it will be just as loud or louder.
ToNasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
 
Newbie
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 149

Thanks: 0
Thanked 59 Times in 46 Posts
Rep Power: 34 Patriot83 will become famous soon enoughPatriot83 will become famous soon enoughPatriot83 will become famous soon enoughPatriot83 will become famous soon enoughPatriot83 will become famous soon enoughPatriot83 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullings View Post
I think the enclosure is too small, why did you switch from the w6v3?
I think that's the recommended sealed box volume from Adire
Patriot83 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,243

Thanks: 92
Thanked 299 Times in 235 Posts
Rep Power: 98 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about


iTrader: (7)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Well 3 things.

1. As far as i can see on their site. They don't list an enclosure size outright. You have to look in their "loaded" enclosures section to get an answer. They sell their 12 in a 1.0 cuft enclosure. Idk if that's with or without displacement included.

2. The sensitivities between your chosen drivers are far far different. The brahma is 84.93 dB @ 1W/1m, the audiofrog gb12 is 95 dB at 2.83 volts. Those are HUGE differences.

3. Its been proven over and over that we perceive a signal with distortion to be louder. IDK if you have ever heard another XBL driver but its insane how transparent they are.

Build a bigger box and give yourself a 15hz 24db SSF
Jscoyne2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Jscoyne2 For This Useful Post:
RVA_LVER (1 Week Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
 
Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San jose, ca
Posts: 1,266

Thanks: 42
Thanked 165 Times in 148 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (9)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
Well 3 things.



1. As far as i can see on their site. They don't list an enclosure size outright. You have to look in their "loaded" enclosures section to get an answer. They sell their 12 in a 1.0 cuft enclosure. Idk if that's with or without displacement included.



2. The sensitivities between your chosen drivers are far far different. The brahma is 84.93 dB @ 1W/1m, the audiofrog gb12 is 95 dB at 2.83 volts. Those are HUGE differences.



3. Its been proven over and over that we perceive a signal with distortion to be louder. IDK if you have ever heard another XBL driver but its insane how transparent they are.



Build a bigger box and give yourself a 15hz 24db SSF
Exactly. It's the xbl. That's why I'm saying it will meter louder but wont sound as loud.

Brahmas do get loud.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
ToNasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,243

Thanks: 92
Thanked 299 Times in 235 Posts
Rep Power: 98 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about


iTrader: (7)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToNasty View Post
Exactly. It's the xbl. That's why I'm saying it will meter louder but wont sound as loud.

Brahmas do get loud.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Its a combination of the 3. 6-10db difference(accounting for voltage difference) in sensitivity is like having another driver on double or quadruple the power. its a big fucking deal.

Half the enclosure size is going to severely limit output.

and yes. XBL

Has anyone metered one yet?
Jscoyne2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11
DIYMA 500 Club
 
Newbie
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: us
Posts: 133

Thanks: 15
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 101 bassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

What happens next? Brahma X, Kali?
bassace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to bassace For This Useful Post:
Holmz (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,940

Thanks: 250
Thanked 275 Times in 259 Posts
Rep Power: 61 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassace View Post
What happens next? Brahma X, Kali?
Kali, hands down.
: shrug:
Holmz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
 
GEM592's Avatar
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,523

Thanks: 93
Thanked 167 Times in 155 Posts
Rep Power: 71 GEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enoughGEM592 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (3)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

I tried to tell you, you tend to be a little basshead and will thus never be satisfied with Adire. What you were thinking, I do not know.

And I don't like that company, its history, its product, etc, anyhow and have been banned off several groups on Facebook just for voicing that opinion. They like to do this subversive advertising thing where they take over a forum or facebook group and advertise essentially for free. Worse than SI all day, and that is saying something.
GEM592 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,243

Thanks: 92
Thanked 299 Times in 235 Posts
Rep Power: 98 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about


iTrader: (7)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM592 View Post
I tried to tell you, you tend to be a little basshead and will thus never be satisfied with Adire. What you were thinking, I do not know.



And I don't like that company, its history, its product, etc, anyhow and have been banned off several groups on Facebook just for voicing that opinion. They like to do this subversive advertising thing where they take over a forum or facebook group and advertise essentially for free. Worse than SI all day, and that is saying something.
Ironic they are both xbl2 companies

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Jscoyne2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
 
Newbie
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Usvi
Posts: 201

Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 45 ManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enoughManBearPig will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (2)



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassace View Post
What happens next? Brahma X, Kali?
I would go idmax
ManBearPig is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16
 
SkizeR's Avatar
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 17,592

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanks: 1,199
Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,297 Posts
Rep Power: 463 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (42)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM592 View Post
I tried to tell you, you tend to be a little basshead and will thus never be satisfied with Adire. What you were thinking, I do not know.



And I don't like that company, its history, its product, etc, anyhow and have been banned off several groups on Facebook just for voicing that opinion. They like to do this subversive advertising thing where they take over a forum or facebook group and advertise essentially for free. Worse than SI all day, and that is saying something.
You were banned because you posted something negative about the company and refused to answer questions or provide any backup as to why. When we realized that you were GEM from diyma, we saved ourselves future hassle and did it sooner than later. Sorry not sorry.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Apicella Auto Sound | ResoNix Sound Solutions
New York Metro Area
Everyone moved over to Car Audio Junkies. See you there
SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #17
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,940

Thanks: 250
Thanked 275 Times in 259 Posts
Rep Power: 61 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassace View Post
What happens next? Brahma X, Kali?
I was pretty surprised to find that there is actually a Kali subwoofer
Holmz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #18
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: India
Posts: 617

12V Company:
Vaani Acoustics
Position:
Founder/Engineer

Thanks: 13
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 132 piyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (2)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Incidentally just installed a Tumult an hour back in 1.7 cu ft ported box. It replaced my Ultimo. Initial impressions are nice. Goes loud enough for me and maintains composure while doing so. Need it to break in and tune and then test further.

For the OP I would recommend to use a 1 cu ft box and then try

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk
piyush7243 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #19
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Laredo, Tx
Posts: 624

Thanks: 0
Thanked 41 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 123 Oscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

With as clean as the sound is from the XBL≤ motor, I'm surprised you have it crossed over so low. When I had my XXX 12" mkI, I could cross it over near 100Hz, and yes while it did add to the localization of it, it was so clean that it blended so well with the rest of the speakers. Sometimes people use a very low LPF to keep a typical overhung subs from producing too much distortion that is localizable (because they are multiples of a given frequency). But the cleaner the sub is, the less this is a problem, IMO. Same with my W10GTi. I could cross that sucker at 115-120Hz and it just sounded sooooo good! Even though I could tell it was coming from the rear of the car in the trunk, the bass lines sounded sweeeeeet!
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #20
DIYMA 500 Club
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Aurora, Co
Age: 36
Posts: 6,838

Thanks: 0
Thanked 529 Times in 448 Posts
Rep Power: 377 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (7)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

We already discovered from your other threads that you want high distortion sub-bass, now you have experienced first hand why. The distortion gives the perception of more output, which most people really like. The Brahma should still get plenty loud, but it is your fault that you bought an ultra low distortion sub, when you like lots of low frequency distortion.

Literally everything you post suggests that you don't actually care about SQ, or at least you define the term differently than the way most people would define the term. You want SPL, nothing wrong with that, but shopping for low distortion xbl motored subs is going to leave you disappointed.
gijoe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gijoe For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (1 Week Ago), rton20s (6 Days Ago), SkizeR (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago   #21
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: louisiana
Posts: 1,985

Thanks: 1
Thanked 168 Times in 124 Posts
Rep Power: 74 drop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enoughdrop1 will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (0)



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
We already discovered from your other threads that you want high distortion sub-bass, now you have experienced first hand why. The distortion gives the perception of more output, which most people really like. The Brahma should still get plenty loud, but it is your fault that you bought an ultra low distortion sub, when you like lots of low frequency distortion.

Literally everything you post suggests that you don't actually care about SQ, or at least you define the term differently than the way most people would define the term. You want SPL, nothing wrong with that, but shopping for low distortion xbl motored subs is going to leave you disappointed.
I do care about sq. A lot actually. I have 2 modes of listening.

When I listen to jazz, classical, most pop, funk and the sort I listen between 95 and 100db and I want near perfect sound.



Then there is hard rock and dance and all bets are off.

On the sq side in really like this sub. On the dance side it doesnt have the impact I am looking for.


Someone mentioned that if its bottoming out at 1200w what would adding power do?
Better cone control. Youd be surprised what power can do to a driver.


Like I said. I havent given up. Im going try a larger sealed enclosure, then a ported enclosure. Then add power . In that order.
Ported should give me what I want. I may need to scrap my amp rack plans to do so though. I'm going to port it at 30. I believe the ported enclosure will surpass the dual gb 10s perceived ouput. In this tiny sealed box its not too far behind already.

That's all I really want. A single driver that can surpass 2 frog 10s. If I could have found a way to keep 2 gb 10s that's exactly what I would have done. 1 inst enough for me but 2 ported was nice and almost loud enough. If they had another few mm of xmax they would have been great. I just cant fit multiple drivers or super deep drivers like w7s.


If this doesn't work I may try a brahma 15 or brahma x 15.

Ported with some extra wattage should do it though.
drop1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #22
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Laredo, Tx
Posts: 624

Thanks: 0
Thanked 41 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 123 Oscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

If it don't work, sell it to me. I could use a Brahma 12. Is it a D2 or D4?
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #23
 
Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San jose, ca
Posts: 1,266

Thanks: 42
Thanked 165 Times in 148 Posts
Rep Power: 97 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (9)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
If it don't work, sell it to me. I could use a Brahma 12. Is it a D2 or D4?
I was going to say the same. Brahma is my favorite sub

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
ToNasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #24
Upgrade Your Membership!
 
Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Laredo, Tx
Posts: 624

Thanks: 0
Thanked 41 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 123 Oscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enoughOscar will become famous soon enough


iTrader: (1)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToNasty View Post
I was going to say the same. Brahma is my favorite sub

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
My all-time fav is the W10GTi, and it over-took my RE XXX 12Q1.4 in SQ, but at the time, I didn't have a truly systematic way of testing them on a level playing field. Now that I do, I'm hoping to have a better way of obtaining more objective results between their comparisons (between the Brahma 10D2 and the W10GTi).
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #25
DIYMA 500 Club
 
Enthusiast
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Aurora, Co
Age: 36
Posts: 6,838

Thanks: 0
Thanked 529 Times in 448 Posts
Rep Power: 377 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute


iTrader: (7)



Default Re: Brahma 12 questions and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop1 View Post
I do care about sq. A lot actually. I have 2 modes of listening.

When I listen to jazz, classical, most pop, funk and the sort I listen between 95 and 100db and I want near perfect sound.



Then there is hard rock and dance and all bets are off.

On the sq side in really like this sub. On the dance side it doesnt have the impact I am looking for.


Someone mentioned that if its bottoming out at 1200w what would adding power do?
Better cone control. Youd be surprised what power can do to a driver.


Like I said. I havent given up. Im going try a larger sealed enclosure, then a ported enclosure. Then add power . In that order.
Ported should give me what I want. I may need to scrap my amp rack plans to do so though. I'm going to port it at 30. I believe the ported enclosure will surpass the dual gb 10s perceived ouput. In this tiny sealed box its not too far behind already.

That's all I really want. A single driver that can surpass 2 frog 10s. If I could have found a way to keep 2 gb 10s that's exactly what I would have done. 1 inst enough for me but 2 ported was nice and almost loud enough. If they had another few mm of xmax they would have been great. I just cant fit multiple drivers or super deep drivers like w7s.


If this doesn't work I may try a brahma 15 or brahma x 15.

Ported with some extra wattage should do it though.
If you are bottoming out with 1200 watts, adding more power will not help you by giving you more cone control, adding more power won't help anything. You need more displacement if you want more output.
gijoe is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Ad Management by RedTyger

Home | User CP | Members List | New Posts | ITrader | Faq | Post Spy