Dynaudio Esotec crossover suggestion? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1

Rep Power: 40 audiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enough

Default Dynaudio Esotec crossover suggestion?

Hi gents,

I have a pair of MD102 tweeters and looking at the factory passives I noticed they are crossed at 2200hz.

while I'am doubtful of this I still wanted to ask as it would be beneficial to cross lower as I'am going to go 2 way front.

just how low do you guys recommend crossing them? I dont listen at sky high volumes and probably will feed them 30-45rms at best.
audiocholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 341 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Dynaudio Esotec crossover suggestion?

I wouldn't cross them lower. 2200Hz is good for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #3

Rep Power: 40 audiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enoughaudiocholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebur3 View Post
I wouldn't cross them lower. 2200Hz is good for them.
thanks for the answer mate,

my fear is that the esotec passives have some sort of measure/precaution that we miss when we go active and that I might cause harm crossing at 2200hz?

if indeed they can be crossed at 2200hz then hell thats a great beaming advantage for me as I will be going 2 way but what gets me is the md102 fs is 1300hz and 2200hz isnt even an octave above that

have you actually crossed them that low with success or no somebody who has
audiocholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 5 Days Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 100 jnchantler will become famous soon enoughjnchantler will become famous soon enoughjnchantler will become famous soon enoughjnchantler will become famous soon enoughjnchantler will become famous soon enoughjnchantler will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiocholic View Post
thanks for the answer mate,

my fear is that the esotec passives have some sort of measure/precaution that we miss when we go active and that I might cause harm crossing at 2200hz?

if indeed they can be crossed at 2200hz then hell thats a great beaming advantage for me as I will be going 2 way but what gets me is the md102 fs is 1300hz and 2200hz isnt even an octave above that

have you actually crossed them that low with success or no somebody who has
They will do fine at 2200, I had mine at 2k/24db for a while. I kept them at 2,500/12db most of the time though. And no, the DynAudio crossover doesn't do anything magical that a DSP crossover cannot do, besides provide physical protection in the event that something went wrong in the chain.
jnchantler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to jnchantler For This Useful Post:
audiocholic (1 Day Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 308 LBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond repute

222-2,5KHz will be OK

For Fast Moving Concerts
Team LB audio
Team Hybrid Audio
Team BRAX
Team SCB
LBaudio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to LBaudio For This Useful Post:
audiocholic (1 Day Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement