Stereo Integrity discontinuing BM MKV - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5 Days Ago   #1

Rep Power: 0 Jbrettk123 will become famous soon enoughJbrettk123 will become famous soon enoughJbrettk123 will become famous soon enoughJbrettk123 will become famous soon enoughJbrettk123 will become famous soon enoughJbrettk123 will become famous soon enough

Default Stereo Integrity discontinuing BM MKV

I'm not sure if everyone was already aware of this, but I received an email from SI stating that the BM mkv subwoofer has been discontinued. "Sales did not justify continued production."

I always wanted to hear these subs. I couldn't believe this, as its highly regarded and sought after and mentioned often in the forum.

2019 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ
Helix DSP.3 : Illusion Audio C3CX's : Stevens Audio MB8-2 : (2)HAT Clarus 10" : Mosconi AS 100.4 Mosconi Zero 3
Jbrettk123 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 101 bassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enoughbassace will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Stereo Integrity discontinuing BM MKV

I think those were produced in a buildhouse in China.

As he is a small customer, I think many of the issues were due to the buildhouse and most likely they did not care about his product.
bassace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Rep Power: 64 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

He has also confirmed that the M25, M3, and TM65 will no longer be made in favor of a cheaper component set. I don't really get the sales comment as at least the BM sold out before they even got to North Carolina. Seems like those have always been pretty popular. Guess they still weren't meeting expectations.
rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 4 Days Ago   #4
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 104 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

I don't think it's about meeting expectations at all. I think they are specialized products that cost more to make. While profitable, they pay the bills but this business model isn't getting him through retirement. From comments I read it's a shift about making money over supplying a niche market of hobbyist with a product only they are willing to pay the high cost of manufacturing for. Slim down the product line, get less headaches, stream line production, make more money.

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Theslaking For This Useful Post:
Electrodynamic (1 Hour Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 176 Jroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enough

reading some of the threads, it looks like he is shifting to different customers. It looks like a different price point (lower) which I thought his products when available were priced pretty well already. Ive also wondered why Sundown doesnt take (buy) some of the products and put them under their name. I thought he had a relationship(friends) or at one point they shared a building. I would think the tweets, mids, and midbass would sell pretty well under sundown. It seems like a shame to let some of products like those and bm subs die. Reviews of those products were always very solid.
Jroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #6

Rep Power: 0 Dasyce will become famous soon enoughDasyce will become famous soon enoughDasyce will become famous soon enoughDasyce will become famous soon enoughDasyce will become famous soon enoughDasyce will become famous soon enough

That’s a shame, SI did serve to produce a great sq product for the price point. Going down market will probably produce higher sales, just not cater as well to this forum..
Dasyce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Days Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 162 mikechec9 will become famous soon enoughmikechec9 will become famous soon enoughmikechec9 will become famous soon enoughmikechec9 will become famous soon enoughmikechec9 will become famous soon enoughmikechec9 will become famous soon enough

The unfortunate way of the world today. Its a challenge to be a successful entrepreneur as quality is a chore to mass produce independently. Tough to sustain the associated overhead. Falloff as such is trending.

'08 Infiniti G35 Sport, OEM HU, Mosconi 6to8, AC Matrix+, Mosconi One 240.2 (240x2)~ 3" Melodic Acoustic Ascension 8.9 AT (Matched Set), Mosconi One 120.4 (340x2)~ DLS 8i, Boston G-42 (400x2)~ Boston G512-4x2 w/PR's, DieHard Platinum, BatCap 400
mikechec9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Days Ago   #8

Rep Power: 97 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroo View Post
reading some of the threads, it looks like he is shifting to different customers. It looks like a different price point (lower) which I thought his products when available were priced pretty well already. Ive also wondered why Sundown doesnt take (buy) some of the products and put them under their name. I thought he had a relationship(friends) or at one point they shared a building. I would think the tweets, mids, and midbass would sell pretty well under sundown. It seems like a shame to let some of products like those and bm subs die. Reviews of those products were always very solid.
I'm pretty sure sundown was the designer of the subs or atleast helped. Most likely hes getting a cut. But dont quote me on that
ToNasty is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Days Ago   #9

Rep Power: 0 Alfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enough

Seeing how the little fucker couldn't even keep product in stock, no real loss
Alfa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Days Ago   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 98 RRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Guy View Post
Seeing how the little fucker couldn't even keep product in stock, no real loss
Lol.. theres a reason for that, yellow.
quit yer whinin' already.

DEX P99rs / Zapco / Stereo Integrity / MECA Street 3rd place 2016 World Finals
RRizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #11

Rep Power: 0 Alfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enoughAlfa Guy will become famous soon enough

It's like going to KFC and they're always out of chicken. Here we have a so-called speaker manufacturer who's always out of speakers
Alfa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 98 RRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished roadRRizz is on a distinguished road

a better comparison would be popeyes chicken sandwich. I can't help but wonder, if you had to wait in line for that, how much crying you would do on the internet when you got home.
I heard they have an extra spicy version coming out soon, so spicy you have to sign a waiver to get it...... I'll let you know how it is.

DEX P99rs / Zapco / Stereo Integrity / MECA Street 3rd place 2016 World Finals
RRizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 107 wizzi001 will become famous soon enoughwizzi001 will become famous soon enoughwizzi001 will become famous soon enoughwizzi001 will become famous soon enoughwizzi001 will become famous soon enoughwizzi001 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRizz View Post
a better comparison would be popeyes chicken sandwich. I can't help but wonder, if you had to wait in line for that, how much crying you would do on the internet when you got home.
I heard they have an extra spicy version coming out soon, so spicy you have to sign a waiver to get it...... I'll let you know how it is.
Is it though? I mean if you only have 10 in stock and they sell decent does that really mean there is a hot market for them?
wizzi001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #14

Rep Power: 89 dgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enoughdgage will become famous soon enough

Realize that 100 of those BMs could buy a very nice car. I know since I bought a run of those for commercial inwall subs. Nick is spending his money and he is the one figuring out what inventory sells well enough. Luckily for consumers, there are options, itís not like SI has a monopoly.
dgage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Days Ago   #15

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 96 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRizz View Post
I think the burn from that sandwich going down is nothing compared to the burn from that sandwich coming out later... Hence the waiver.

Are you suggesting SI products should come with a waiver?!

2018 Jeep GC - AF GB10s, GB25s, GS690s, Zapco & Mosconi amps, (2) AF GB12s, Helix Pro MK2 & Director, Fiio X5
My wife was furious when she overheard me say I want to do a 3 way in my Jeep
DavidRam is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidRam For This Useful Post:
Jbrettk123 (1 Day Ago)
Old 2 Days Ago   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 195 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

Sometimes it only takes a single part of that sub that requires so much of a buy when you run out of it, that you would be buying a 10 year supply. So the decision is, do i want to upfront buy a 10 year supply of parts for something that might be 5% of my sales in a year. I'm guessing all speaker companies face similar decisions all the time.

2018 Crosstrek
P SIX DSP MK2 GB10 GB25 Gs690 GB10d4x2 Z-2KD II
miniSQ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Day Ago   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Rep Power: 64 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Guy View Post
It's like going to KFC and they're always out of chicken. Here we have a so-called speaker manufacturer who's always out of speakers
Maybe it's just time to head over to chic fil a
The Following User Says Thank You to rob feature For This Useful Post:
Alfa Guy (1 Day Ago)
Old 1 Day Ago   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroo View Post

That would be nice - to see Sundown take these over. I sure hate to see good designs just get shelved. Seems it could be a prudent business decision for Sundown - expand the higher end SQ line with no design effort - really only SD occupying anything near that for them now. Not sure the nuts & bolts of that one, but in my mind it seems like a good idea
Old 1 Day Ago   #19

Rep Power: 45 Iamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enough

Not sundowns market or customer base.
The sq crowd is much smaller and the sundown crowd wants huge bass with big flashy subs. The bmmkV is a very niche sub And not something with very high profit margins that will sell to the masses.
Iamsecond is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Day Ago   #20

Rep Power: 97 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamsecond View Post
Not sundowns market or customer base.
The sq crowd is much smaller and the sundown crowd wants huge bass with big flashy subs. The bmmkV is a very niche sub And not something with very high profit margins that will sell to the masses.
Not totally true. I think jacob has been working on an sq sub. Also his xbl2 components should be out soon. It's just there is a bigger market for spl so he has more products available for that
ToNasty is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ToNasty For This Useful Post:
Hillbilly SQ (1 Hour Ago)
Old 18 Hours Ago   #21

Rep Power: 45 Iamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enoughIamsecond will become famous soon enough

Iíll ask him about it tomorrow. Iíll be at the warehouse.
Iamsecond is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Hour Ago   #22

12V Company:
Stereo Integrity
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 176 Electrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the roughElectrodynamic is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
I don't think it's about meeting expectations at all. I think they are specialized products that cost more to make. While profitable, they pay the bills but this business model isn't getting him through retirement. From comments I read it's a shift about making money over supplying a niche market of hobbyist with a product only they are willing to pay the high cost of manufacturing for. Slim down the product line, get less headaches, stream line production, make more money.
Discontinuing the BM mkV's was not an easy thing to do for many reasons including, but not limited to, the mkV's are the most reliable shallow BM ever. Over the life of the carbon fiber BM mkV's we have never had one sent in for warranty related issues. 100% of the BM mKV's work flawlessly. In production that's pretty tough to do as you usually have a small percentage that don't pass QC but the design of the driver and the build house that produces them are a great combination. They are a very very good subwoofer but/and they are a very niche market. Back when the first shallow BM's were offered they sold very well which is what kept them in production. Over the years we have seen a decline in sales each year even though the shallow BM has improved. After looking over the sales data over the years and this production run particularly yes they did almost completely sell out during pre-order however this run was split in half with one of our OEM clients which means that we received half the number of drivers we would have normally received. This production run was also half the size of our previous runs to begin with so we really received 1/4 of what we normally do. Yes they did sell, but at a 1/4 speed of normal.

Unfortunately putting capital into additional production runs of the BM mkV's doesn't look positive compared to putting that capital into another product which is why I had to pull the plug on the BM mkV's.

Relentlessly perusing perfection between 5 Hz and 30,000 Hz.
Electrodynamic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 58 Minutes Ago   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 308 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToNasty View Post
Not totally true. I think jacob has been working on an sq sub. Also his xbl2 components should be out soon. It's just there is a bigger market for spl so he has more products available for that
I agree. The big money is in SPL and us essque folks are just along looking for those diamonds in the rough.

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...Dayton HO12d4...www.caraudiojunkies.com
Hillbilly SQ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement