RCAs and Crossovers - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Moseyic will become famous soon enoughMoseyic will become famous soon enoughMoseyic will become famous soon enoughMoseyic will become famous soon enoughMoseyic will become famous soon enoughMoseyic will become famous soon enough

Default RCAs and Crossovers

I'm connecting three amps to my deck, but my issue is that I have three RCA cables (one from each amp) but my HU only has one set of inputs. I've heard of something called a crossover box with multiple inputs and one output. I need one with three in and one out. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
Moseyic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2010   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 152 tanakasan will become famous soon enoughtanakasan will become famous soon enoughtanakasan will become famous soon enoughtanakasan will become famous soon enoughtanakasan will become famous soon enoughtanakasan will become famous soon enough

Default Re: RCAs and Crossovers

You can use RCA "splitters" or "Y's".

They come as short cables or as solid metal/plastic blocks. I prefer the cables! Also check your amps...many have a "pass through" for signal and you could just daisy chain them.

If you are going to be running an active setup, you would need the electronic crossover.

Robert

'06 Scion xB, Pioneer 880PRS+Audio Control Matrix, MMATS 1400.1+Elemental Designs 13Av2, Zuki Eleets 4+Oz Matrix Elite CS180, Rock (Zed) RA4.55+Oz Matrix Elite CS25, 125 sq/ft eDead v1SE2
tanakasan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2010   #3

Rep Power: 164 cheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enough

If I understand what you are saying you need something that will accept one output (from the deck) and give you 6 channels of output to your amps. Look into a in dash equalizer. It will do exactly what you are needing plus give you some added features depending on the unit you chose.

Here is one for an example -

Clarion EQS746 7-Band Equalizer/EQ (EQS-746)

There are many more so look for one that fits your needs.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. -Vince Lombardi
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 118 hottcakes will become famous soon enoughhottcakes will become famous soon enoughhottcakes will become famous soon enoughhottcakes will become famous soon enoughhottcakes will become famous soon enoughhottcakes will become famous soon enoughhottcakes will become famous soon enough

who calls it a deck? i thought that term was associated with "tape decks" i don't call mine a cd deck instead of cd player. head unit, receiver, radio are all better terms in my opinion. AudioControl has more than one product that would also fit your needs. DQX & DQXS add a fair amount of EQ-ing too. go all out with an MS-8 or audison's unit.
hottcakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2010   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 123 truckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enoughtruckerfte will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcakes View Post
who calls it a deck? i thought that term was associated with "tape decks" i don't call mine a cd deck instead of cd player. head unit, receiver, radio are all better terms in my opinion. AudioControl has more than one product that would also fit your needs. DQX & DQXS add a fair amount of EQ-ing too. go all out with an MS-8 or audison's unit.
Oh wow. Really. Come on. We all knew what he meant! If you wanted to be a dick about something, maybe you could have said something about him switching up the use of terms input/output. Lots of people still refer to HU's as decks, especially casual users.
truckerfte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2010   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 118 hottcakes will become famous soon enoughhottcakes will become famous soon enoughhottcakes will become famous soon enoughhottcakes will become famous soon enoughhottcakes will become famous soon enoughhottcakes will become famous soon enoughhottcakes will become famous soon enough

i wasn't trying to be a dick by any means, damn interwebz and lack of emotion in a statement.

i'm curious as to why it is still referred to as such. nostalgia perhaps? i don't consider any of my mp3 players as Walkmans, well i might if i had an actual Sony one, even though they serve the same purpose as the units of yesteryear. last time i heard "deck" used in this respect in person was by some teenager at walmart trying to ask the people at the lube center about a LOC. seriously, nothing dick-ish is meant by my statement.
hottcakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement