Hot eBay deal - Alpine SPX PRO tweeters - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2016   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 956 Lanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond repute

Default Hot eBay deal - Alpine SPX PRO tweeters

So I hesitated to show this deal based on the interesting commentary and PM's that developed from the last one, but I actually ordered from this person and I've got a set of these tweeters in my ride, so I can vouch that this is legit.

Pair 2pcs Alpine HiEnd 28mm Dome Neo Magnet XT25 Tweeter 4ohm 50W | eBay

He's in China so don't expect them tomorrow morning, but I ordered a set and got them 14 days later so it isn't bad. The price, however, is amazing and they are legit Alpine SPX PRO tweeters. The package is literally just the tweeters, so absolutely no mounting equipment is included. You must create a very precise mounting hole to make these work, but here's an example of success, in my Durango (modified factory location):

Anyway, I ordered an extra two sets after this successful purchase, so I've got enough for myself, for now. If you need a good set of tweeters that can play somewhere in the 3k range and up (maybe lower with aggressive crossovers and reduced power), these may be for you.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, MS-8, Massive N3, set of NX4's, Audiofrog GS690 and GS10, Wavecor center, Sundown SD3 10's
2018 WRX, Helix V Eight and G-One, AD W600, AP AR3 & AR20, AE AV10H-D2
Lanson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2016   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 106 crispin will become famous soon enoughcrispin will become famous soon enoughcrispin will become famous soon enoughcrispin will become famous soon enoughcrispin will become famous soon enoughcrispin will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Hot eBay deal - Alpine SPX PRO tweeters

Let me ask, I just bought these and have only been running them for 1 day.

Dayton Audio AMTPOD-4 Air Motion Transformer Automotive Tweeter Pair

Do you think it is worth it to buy these Alpines instead? I am building a budget active system.

I would build pods out of PVC caps if I bought these Alpines.

I am running 25 RMS to the tweeters.

If these are a big step up in sound then I would be happy to get them at the price.

I haven't done much tuning but so far I am not very impressed with the Daytons.
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2016   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 lucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enough

how do these compare to the ScanSpeak Illuminator D3004/6020-00 Tweeter?
lucas569 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 160 foreman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enoughforeman will become famous soon enough

Those alpine should be much better in the instance that they will play lower and wider than your daytons. For the money you would be hard pressed to find better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispin View Post

Do you think it is worth it to buy these Alpines instead? I am building a budget active system.

If these are a big step up in sound then I would be happy to get them at the price.

Deck-DEX-P99Rs, Amp-Arc xdi v2 1200.6
Dash-Xtant XIS 2.4
Doors-Scan Rev's, sub SI Mag 4....
foreman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2016   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 956 Lanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'd be impressed. But pull reviews on the SPX PRO component set and see for yourself what people say. I haven't used the AMT tweeter but I imagine unless they are massive in size, that they can't cross very low at all. This tweeter is more flexible.

I ran them years ago (the whole component set, actively) and loved the tweeter, while I found the woofer to lack midbass thump. But the tweeter was always a gem.

Quote:

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, MS-8, Massive N3, set of NX4's, Audiofrog GS690 and GS10, Wavecor center, Sundown SD3 10's
Old 07-08-2016   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas569 View Post
how do these compare to the ScanSpeak Illuminator D3004/6020-00 Tweeter?
I think the 3004 is a larger chamber version of the same tech. I like my SPX PRO's right at 3.15k @ 24dB/oct, but I'm sure they play lower. Question is how good it sounds to you down lower. The 3004 is also far more expensive and large-formatted (relatively), so..

Old 07-09-2016   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 106 crispin will become famous soon enoughcrispin will become famous soon enoughcrispin will become famous soon enoughcrispin will become famous soon enoughcrispin will become famous soon enoughcrispin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthmeal View Post
I think you'd be impressed. But pull reviews on the SPX PRO component set and see for yourself what people say. I haven't used the AMT tweeter but I imagine unless they are massive in size, that they can't cross very low at all. This tweeter is more flexible.

I ran them years ago (the whole component set, actively) and loved the tweeter, while I found the woofer to lack midbass thump. But the tweeter was always a gem.

Thank you. Even though I have only ran the Daytons for 2 days I can already tell I do not like them. They are shrill and not 'warm' at all.

I just bought these. I will make an enclosure out of black painted PCV for them.
Old 07-09-2016   #8

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Victor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really nice

Legit as stolen from the same factory genuine alpine assembled?
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2016   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_inox View Post
Legit as stolen from the same factory genuine alpine assembled?
I have no idea, they look and feel (and sound) exactly like the proper Alpine SPX PRO tweets I had back in 2008'ish.

Pac-parts had them a while but sold out eventually, so IDK where this guy gets them, but he has them.

Deal is, Alpine doesn't sell them anymore so...

WHY does everyone harsh on hot deals like an armchair quarterback? Same shit happened with the Image Dynamics component set which turned out just fine for those purchasing, including my friend I was shopping for. This will be my last one.

Old 07-09-2016   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Thank you. Even though I have only ran the Daytons for 2 days I can already tell I do not like them. They are shrill and not 'warm' at all.

I just bought these. I will make an enclosure out of black painted PCV for them.
AMT's can be critical and dry, so I hear. But I think they want to cross very high, say in the 5k range, to sound "right."

These will be happy much lower, so you will probably like them as long as you keep them as close to on-axis as reasonable. Ring radiators like to be on-axis or within 30-40 degrees if possible.

Old 07-09-2016   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 133 danno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enoughdanno14 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
WHY does everyone harsh on hot deals like an armchair quarterback?

This will be my last one.
Ok, I'm gonna respectfully disagree with you....

Not everyone grinds on deals like this! Even though I'm not in the market for these, I have been grateful for others who have lined me up with good deals such as this.

Don't give up man!!!

Courtesy of Chad:
Prepare to have your brain melted and read enough audiophile jibberish to want to freebase a baby duckling.
danno14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2016   #12

Rep Power: 49 glockcoma will become famous soon enoughglockcoma will become famous soon enoughglockcoma will become famous soon enoughglockcoma will become famous soon enoughglockcoma will become famous soon enoughglockcoma will become famous soon enough

This place is alway making me spend money lol.... Thx for the heads up.
I appreciate the hot deals hookup.
glockcoma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2016   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
AMT's can be critical and dry, so I hear. But I think they want to cross very high, say in the 5k range, to sound "right."

These will be happy much lower, so you will probably like them as long as you keep them as close to on-axis as reasonable. Ring radiators like to be on-axis or within 30-40 degrees if possible.
Yes I have the Daytons crossed at around 4.5K (24 slope @ 4k and passive 6 slope at 4.5k)

I plan on building cheap DIY pods from something PVC for the Alpines and run them very close to on axis.

This budget $2,000 system I am building is in a $700 car so beautiful it does not need to be.

I think these Alpines crossed over around 3k pointing on axis will bring my stage up and sound really good and hopefully compliment my cheaper mid range speakers.

Thanks again!
Old 07-09-2016   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes I have the Daytons crossed at around 4.5K (24 slope @ 4k and passive 6 slope at 4.5k)

I plan on building cheap DIY pods from something PVC for the Alpines and run them very close to on axis.

This budget $2,000 system I am building is in a $700 car so beautiful it does not need to be.

I think these Alpines crossed over around 3k pointing on axis will bring my stage up and sound really good and hopefully compliment my cheaper mid range speakers.

Thanks again!

These should absolutely serve you well. Regarding beauty, I believe if you carefully construct the hole for these (my build log has caliper measured-specs of these to help if you need), and then carefully press-fit them in, they should look awesome. Aesthetically, they match the colors in my Durango's interior perfectly, especially the center spike color matching my brushed metal trim.

Last edited by Lanson; 07-09-2016 at 08:19 PM..
Old 07-09-2016   #15

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Victor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really nice

Quote:
I have no idea, they look and feel (and sound) exactly like the proper Alpine SPX PRO tweets I had back in 2008'ish.

Pac-parts had them a while but sold out eventually, so IDK where this guy gets them, but he has them.

Deal is, Alpine doesn't sell them anymore so...

WHY does everyone harsh on hot deals like an armchair quarterback? Same shit happened with the Image Dynamics component set which turned out just fine for those purchasing, including my friend I was shopping for. This will be my last one.
That was a simple question, not my fault you found it harsh.
legit means different things for different people, obviously.
Why is everyone so defencive about shit they have no stand about?
Old 07-09-2016   #16

Rep Power: 45 caraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enoughcaraudiopimps will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Plot twist! He's the seller. J/k, thanks for the heads up OP!
caraudiopimps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 150 reker13 will become famous soon enoughreker13 will become famous soon enoughreker13 will become famous soon enoughreker13 will become famous soon enoughreker13 will become famous soon enoughreker13 will become famous soon enough

Hot deal. Just picked up a pair. Thanks OP.

"The Universe is shaped exactly like the Earth if you go straight long enough you end up where you were." Modest Mouse
reker13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 150 reker13 will become famous soon enoughreker13 will become famous soon enoughreker13 will become famous soon enoughreker13 will become famous soon enoughreker13 will become famous soon enoughreker13 will become famous soon enough

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-...557375061.html

"The Universe is shaped exactly like the Earth if you go straight long enough you end up where you were." Modest Mouse
reker13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by reker13 View Post

Correct, same guy. I like using my eBucks though.

Old 07-10-2016   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Same as the last thread, people look at gift (or extreme-discount) horses in the mouth, create comments based on things they are assuming or inferring instead of knowing for certain (like, oh that guy has to be selling stolen stuff), and people think that this is OK somehow. You say I have no stand, which I am taking to infer that I have nothing to do with it. But I do, you see I purchased them and now I'm recommending them. So, that's personal, VERY personal in fact.

I take it personally for the same reason I took offense to what you said in Nick's thread about SI speakers to me (indirectly.) You don't have a dog in the fight (I do, I bought three pair of them suckers with broken terminals), but you comment like I don't know what I'm talking about. It is an assumption you've incorrectly made, and then you're creating rude comments on this incorrect assumption.

Maybe it is a language barrier thing but you are extremely condescending in the English language, and "judgy". So I'd appreciate you laying off. If you purchased these and discovered they weren't legit or were a bad product or something, I'd relish your comments, however you have no dog in this fight, right? So, just like you said yourself, why are you commenting?

Old 07-10-2016   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno14 View Post
Ok, I'm gonna respectfully disagree with you....

Not everyone grinds on deals like this! Even though I'm not in the market for these, I have been grateful for others who have lined me up with good deals such as this.

Don't give up man!!!
You are right, it isn't everyone, just a select few. I'll keep up the good fight.

BTW, I do this because I am not the kinda guy who will drop ~$1000 for a set of Utopia tweeters or whatever, and the spirit of DIYMA (Npdang's version anyway) is to use value-priced products to get world-class sound. It is easy to spend money to get good sound, most of us would agree that if you throw enough money at something (and that would include paying a pro installer/tuner), then you get a good result eventually. But if you have a real budget because you have a family and limited hobby funds like most of us, then this is worthless. Tweeters like this can do great things for those on a budget. Hence, the "hot deal" subforum is still alive and well.

Sometimes I wonder if DIYMA needs to split into two pieces. A "realistic price point" section, and a "I have more money in my system than my house" section.

Old 07-10-2016   #22

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Same as the last thread, people look at gift (or extreme-discount) horses in the mouth, create comments based on things they are assuming or inferring instead of knowing for certain (like, oh that guy has to be selling stolen stuff), and people think that this is OK somehow. You say I have no stand, which I am taking to infer that I have nothing to do with it. But I do, you see I purchased them and now I'm recommending them. So, that's personal, VERY personal in fact.

I take it personally for the same reason I took offense to what you said in Nick's thread about SI speakers to me (indirectly.) You don't have a dog in the fight (I do, I bought three pair of them suckers with broken terminals), but you comment like I don't know what I'm talking about. It is an assumption you've incorrectly made, and then you're creating rude comments on this incorrect assumption.

Maybe it is a language barrier thing but you are extremely condescending in the English language, and "judgy". So I'd appreciate you laying off. If you purchased these and discovered they weren't legit or were a bad product or something, I'd relish your comments, however you have no dog in this fight, right? So, just like you said yourself, why are you commenting?
Dude, seriously, stop reading between lines especially when there is nothing between them.
I`ve seen so many fakes people presenting as legit it`s not even funny.
Yet I didn`t suggested that once you recommended are fakes, aren`t I?
In your opinion they legit, I`ve got that. In your opinion.
You think you remember how originals looks like. Maybe they are maybe they don`t.
Hey, I`ve seen Sinfoni amps from Alibaba.com, some people insist they legit too.
Point at hand you overthinking the situation.
Old 07-10-2016   #23

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Quote:
Correct, same guy. I like using my eBucks though.
But it`s $3 cheaper on aliexpress.
Old 07-10-2016   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 lukeman269 will become famous soon enoughlukeman269 will become famous soon enoughlukeman269 will become famous soon enoughlukeman269 will become famous soon enoughlukeman269 will become famous soon enoughlukeman269 will become famous soon enough

Just bought a pair. Thanks OP!
lukeman269 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2016   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 lucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enoughlucas569 will become famous soon enough

better hurry almost all gone (grins)
lucas569 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement